Fast passes

My guess is if the CDC drops the distancing guidelines to 3', (already did it for schools) and the shows come back they will increase capacity and bring back fastpass.
Hoping mid summer

has anyone heard if fast passes will be back anytime soon?
Not a peep. But I'm betting that Disney will use this opportunity to either scrap FP+ entirely or revamp it into a pay-to-play version of its former self. For $X per person, you get 1 or 2 Tier 1 attractions and 2 or 3 second tier.

Not a peep. But I'm betting that Disney will use this opportunity to either scrap FP+ entirely or revamp it into a pay-to-play version of its former self. For $X per person, you get 1 or 2 Tier 1 attractions and 2 or 3 second tier.
I just wish they could assign us a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance when we make our room reservations. The boarding pass thing they use now still only allows just over half the guests wanting to ride it to get on, and I think priority should go to those with onsite room reservations, since we can't return as often as locals. I think FP+ will come back almost like we knew it pre-COVID, when Disney removes COVID restrictions.

I just wish they could assign us a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance when we make our room reservations. The boarding pass thing they use now still only allows just over half the guests wanting to ride it to get on, and I think priority should go to those with onsite room reservations, since we can't return as often as locals. I think FP+ will come back almost like we knew it pre-COVID, when Disney removes COVID restrictions.
Given that even paying $4200 for a private VIP tour will not get you onto RotR, I wouldn’t hold your breath for this.

Given that even paying $4200 for a private VIP tour will not get you onto RotR, I wouldn’t hold your breath for this.

Unless you're Tom Brady. Then you get paid to be there AND get to play around in RotR.

Disneyland's MaxPass seems to be pretty popular so I wonder if they'll adopt some version of that. We used it on our 2019 trip and really liked it. It won't be the same as they wouldn't re-install the paper fastpass machines for free use, but I have to believe they'll monetize it somehow. It's, like Thanos, inevitable.

Unless you're Tom Brady. Then you get paid to be there AND get to play around in RotR.

Disneyland's MaxPass seems to be pretty popular so I wonder if they'll adopt some version of that. We used it on our 2019 trip and really liked it. It won't be the same as they wouldn't re-install the paper fastpass machines for free use, but I have to believe they'll monetize it somehow. It's, like Thanos, inevitable.
Even at DL that had started installing centralized kiosks in Tomorrowland. Those were just the attractions in Tomorrowland. So I could see Disney World having kiosks in various places throughout the park and they would be limited to nearby attractions. You would need to pay for Maxpass to book from the phone. And everything else would work completely identical to DL's version.

Simple, straight forward and no advance planning required.

Even at DL that had started installing centralized kiosks in Tomorrowland. Those were just the attractions in Tomorrowland. So I could see Disney World having kiosks in various places throughout the park and they would be limited to nearby attractions. You would need to pay for Maxpass to book from the phone. And everything else would work completely identical to DL's version.

Simple, straight forward and no advance planning required.
I don't know. we'll see. DL is a much different guest demographic from WDW. DL is mostly local day guests, so no advance planning works for them. WDW guests are very much used to advanced planning for things like the FP+ system, dining reservations, and so forth. I mean now, people are having to plan what park they want to visit on what day months in advance. And WDW is competing with Universal, that has front of the line for hotel guests. Rather than charge separately, like DL, WDW simply included FP+ in the cost of your hotel room.

Last edited:
I don't know. we'll see. DL is a much different guest demographic from WDW. DL is mostly local day guests, so no advance planning works for them. WDW guests are very much used to advanced planning for things like the FP+ system, dining reservations, and so forth. I mean now, people are having to plan what park they want to visit on what day months in advance. And WDW is competing with Universal, that has front of the line for hotel guests. Rather than charge separately, like DL, WDW simply included FP+ in the cost of your hotel room.
Actually FP+ was available to all guests, just resort guests for earlier access. And now that APs are no longer available at DLR and how poorly former passholders for treated during all of this, I doubt DLR will attract the same amount.of locals as before. The question is will there be enough tourists (once they are allowed) to come in and fill the gap?

as for planning which days to go to which parks, WDW always had that with FP+ you were doing the same thing. Now WDW is much more similar to what DLR has been and our Feb trip was much more enjoyable because you didn't have to plan every little detail out so far in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter