Fast pass question

luvsvacation

Mouseketeer
We visited in 2010 and took full advantage of the fast pass system. We loved it! I've heard that they now have a completely different system which includes wrist bands and preplanning your fast passes. We never planned to go back to DW so I never looked into the new system. We went to Disney Land a couple of years ago and again enjoyed the "classic" fast pass system there. An opportunity has come up to tag along with a friend to the Orlando area for a few days. If we wanted to visit the parks can we even use fast passes? I'm guessing the wrist bands are only for on site guest??

Off-site guests can book FP 30 days out. Off-site guests can also purchase magic bands either through stores at Disney or online at the Disney store. :)

We visited in 2010 and took full advantage of the fast pass system. We loved it!

1 I've heard that they now have a completely different system which includes wrist bands and preplanning your fast passes.

2 We never planned to go back to DW so I never looked into the new system. We went to Disney Land a couple of years ago and again enjoyed the "classic" fast pass system there.

3 An opportunity has come up to tag along with a friend to the Orlando area for a few days. If we wanted to visit the parks can we even use fast passes? I'm guessing the wrist bands are only for on site guest??

1 the only thing you need to book FP is a park ticket ( wether that be a magic band ,what you called a wrist band, or a plastic ticket.

2 some people do not like the new system and having to pre plan things, I find it easer less walking around you know what 3 rides to can ride I find it so much easer

3 yes you can do the FP ever one get 3 per day here is where the difference is if you stay at Disney you can book your 3 60 days before the start of you trip. if you are staying off site it is 30 days before your park days ( so one at at time 30 days out)

here is more information about FP

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

You do not need magic bands to use fastpass - you can just use your park ticket.

Ok, good to know, thank you!! So 30 days prior I can load my 3 fast passes onto my paper ticket and then just scan the ticket at the park?

Ok, good to know, thank you!! So 30 days prior I can load my 3 fast passes onto my paper ticket and then just scan the ticket at the park?
you need to link your ticket to MDE and then you will be able to book FP for each day you have a ticket when you are at the park you will be able to use the FP, if you have a paper ticket you may need to call Disney as they now have plastic tickets not too sure

you need to link your ticket to MDE and then you will be able to book FP for each day you have a ticket when you are at the park you will be able to use the FP, if you have a paper ticket you may need to call Disney as they now have plastic tickets not too sure

Thank you! I haven't bought the ticket yet, so yes I guess it will be plastic. A lot has changed in 7 years!!

Thank you! I haven't bought the ticket yet, so yes I guess it will be plastic. A lot has changed in 7 years!!
yes if you get your ticket thought Disney I think they will link them for you just go to Disney and set up an account if you get it some some other place then you have to do it very easey to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter