Please remove

A couple of questions I haven't found answered anywhere. I have a son with Autism, am Canadian, and have a doctors note. Doctors here don't have a stamp, has anyone taken a Canadian letter to DLP for proof? I'll be taking his Access Card too (that's what we use in Canada).

Are the Priority cards good for the whole time we are staying, or do we have to get a new one every day?

If you're staying in a Disney hotel or have a multiple day ticket, you'll get it for the whole time you're staying there.

The Dutch don't always have stamps either, make sure it's signed and on paper that's so official as possible and you should be fine

Thanks! It's on letterhead and I'll bring his Access Card too, so hopefully that would work.

Wow, I am so glad I found this thread, thank you so much for this info! The OP could almost be me!

Just wondering, is it possible to rent a mobility scooter from an independent vendor? We will actually be in France for 2 weeks; 1 week off-property, and 1 week at DLP's Sequoia Lodge. We are not renting a car, but will rely on the metro and uber to go sightseeing and do errands.

I have a question about strollers for wheelchair use. We use a stroller for my daughter as a wheelchair when we go places. She can walk but not for long periods or distances. She's not super steady all the time either. Will they mark it as a wheelchair? Also, they don't allow them in lines? How does that work?

She needs help getting in and out of rides. Could we get that disability free ticket? How would that work if staying onsite?

Also, we will have 5 in our party. Do they make exceptions for the 4 person rule? That will really stink for one of us if we can't all go together.

Thanks for all of the info and help. It's really appreciated!

It doesn't matter if they mark it as a wheelchair or as a stroller, they are not allowed in lines. You'll need a proof of disability, go to guest services and there you'll get a card (either green or orange) and you'll be able to enter through the disabled entrance (the wheelchair/stroller is allowed there).

If you're a party of five, you don't need the exception, there can be 4 people, along with the disabled person, so 5 in total. But it you'd be with 6 people, sometimes the CM will make an exception, sometimes they won't

If you stay on side you'll book for the people needed (including their tickets), but you can send the proof of disability, if they deem she needs the help and you'll get a free ticket for one adult supervising, they'll return the money you paid too much. I don't have any experience with this myself, but I've heard of people who were successful with this route

Thanks for answering! It's very helpful! There will just be 5 of us total, so it's good to hear that the pass will work without need for an exception. I will make sure to bring a recent note from her Dr.

Just a general question for being in a foreign country. Does anyone know if a US disabled tag will work for a rental car or is there something we should do when we get an international driver's license to add a disabled tag?

Just to clarify you can bring the wheelchair in through the wheelchair entrance (usually the exit of the ride). You just can't bring any wheelchair through the regular line so this is very different from WDW or Disneyland California.

Also, if you are from the US a letter from your doctor on their letterhead is sufficient. You don't need official documentation but if you have something more official I'm sure that would be accepted.

I was lucky in that my mother has a travel wheelchair as she has COPD & CHF but doesn't use it in normal life. We didn't realize before we went that you needed the disability access card to even use a wheelchair and so we didn't bring the documentation. They accepted her prescription bottle as proof of her condition. But it did take time out of our day to walk all the way back to city hall to get the pass.

Just to clarify you can bring the wheelchair in through the wheelchair entrance (usually the exit of the ride). You just can't bring any wheelchair through the regular line so this is very different from WDW or Disneyland California.

Also, if you are from the US a letter from your doctor on their letterhead is sufficient. You don't need official documentation but if you have something more official I'm sure that would be accepted.

I was lucky in that my mother has a travel wheelchair as she has COPD & CHF but doesn't use it in normal life. We didn't realize before we went that you needed the disability access card to even use a wheelchair and so we didn't bring the documentation. They accepted her prescription bottle as proof of her condition. But it did take time out of our day to walk all the way back to city hall to get the pass.

Just to clarify your clarification, you CANNOT bring your wheelchair at the exit of an attraction UNLESS you have been pre-approved by City Hall, Studio Services, or the Concierge desk at your Disney hotel.

I am sure you already knew that, just wanting to bring this into view for the viewers of this thread!

Just to clarify your clarification, you CANNOT bring your wheelchair at the exit of an attraction UNLESS you have been pre-approved by City Hall, Studio Services, or the Concierge desk at your Disney hotel.

I am sure you already knew that, just wanting to bring this into view for the viewers of this thread!
Yes, exactly! Thanks for reiterating as we ran into this problem when we were there. So folks should be aware. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!