Fantillusion disappointing!

Sian

Mouseketeer
I was in Paris on Saturday night for the premier of Fantillusion having built my first time Disney guests up to seeing something fabulous and I have to say it was very disappointing. The reason was that all the action took place along Main Street and we were standing at the top by the Main Street station. We had a good idea that something exciting was happening further away but had no idea what it was. The parade begins and ends with floats and dancers very similar to Spectromagic but the middle section contained the villains' floats and several strange looking people in large black cloaks (reminded me of the ring wraiths from Lord of the Rings) pushing small black trolleys. We realised that they must be involved in something but only the people positioned for the middle section of the parade could see them. Where we were there were floats with princesses and princes which rose into the air which was quite nice but hardly spectacular. It was very frustrating to know that only some parade viewers were being treated to the full show. I have now checked out what happened in the villains' section and it sounds great. Be warned! Position yourself on the main section of Main Street if you want to enjoy this parade.

Sian,

We also have just come back from watching Fantillusion and I can understand your frustration. We were, luckily, sitting right in Main Street USA so had a great view and IMHO it was one of the best parades that I think Disney have ever created. However, when we returned back to the hotel, some people were saying that they had a bad view. This is just a great excuse to go back to DLP again! ;)

Richard. :)

What's even more disappointing is knowing that Fantillusion in DLP is a mere shadow of it's original TDL incarnation. I was disappointed at the number of floats missing, the different costumes, the smaller number of performers, and the quality of the performance. I feel bad for the guests who never got to see this parade as it was originally performed as it was absolutely spectacular!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter