Fantasy Dining Seating

LimoFam5

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what is the largest number of people that the will sit together at one table?

Does anyone know what is the largest number of people that the will sit together at one table?

The largest I've seen is 12, I've read that there have been ones as large as 16.

I will point out a couple of things: with that many people at one table there's no way to be able to converse with everyone, plus the MDRs are quite noisey, you will be doing a lot of "What?" "WHAT?" "Can you say that again?" conversations.

And, as the servers are trained to bring the same course to the whole table at once, it could delay service because they are trying to bring everyone's appitizer, soup, or entree at the same time. It could mean some people get not so hot food, also.

I, personally, think that anthing over 8 is too big.

We have seen up to 20 at a long table together. Have sat at a table with 12 a few times. This worked great for us. The adults sat at one end and the kids sat on another. We were able to talk, and they could without interrupting our conversation. It was still easy to just look down the table to check on them and see if they needed anything.

As far as it affecting service to the table if it is larger, I don't see that as a concern and we haven't experienced it either. The servers have around 18 guests each seating, sometimes a couple more. They usually bring out everyone's food at once with the covers on them and set it at the serving station. It doesn't really matter if they have 18 people at three tables or six. Your orders are taken at the same time, the orders are entered into the system at the same time, and you will get your food at the same time. Also, if your party is split up between two tables the servers still treat it as one party. They wouldn't serve everyone at one table and make the other wait.

We are traveling with 13 in May, we haven't been told we won't be seated together. There are 8 adults and 5 kids. The kids will sit at one end of the table, they usually do at our family dinners.

lbgraves said:
We have seen up to 20 at a long table together. Have sat at a table with 12 a few times. This worked great for us. The adults sat at one end and the kids sat on another. We were able to talk, and they could without interrupting our conversation. It was still easy to just look down the table to check on them and see if they needed anything.

As far as it affecting service to the table if it is larger, I don't see that as a concern and we haven't experienced it either. The servers have around 18 guests each seating, sometimes a couple more. They usually bring out everyone's food at once with the covers on them and set it at the serving station. It doesn't really matter if they have 18 people at three tables or six. Your orders are taken at the same time, the orders are entered into the system at the same time, and you will get your food at the same time. Also, if your party is split up between two tables the servers still treat it as one party. They wouldn't serve everyone at one table and make the other wait.

I don't think that's entirely correct .. We have been in the MDR's when another table has their food bought out and served, then ours is bought out some minutes later. They don't take all orders at one time .. They may have done on your cruises, but that's not our experience.
That's good to know you had a 12 top and could talk to everyone ok though .. We've done an 8 but will be looking at a few more for our wedding cruise in 2015!

The largest I've ever been at was 18--frankly, I don't recommend it. It would have been much easier to talk as well as possibly for the servers if we had been 10+8 or 9+9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!