Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean (San Juan) Cruise 3/9/13 - 3/16/13

I'm excited to book this cruise. We've been on several cruises, been to disney many many times, but this is the first Disney Cruise.

Adults in our cabin. Both of my daughters are in the process of booking rooms for their families too:yay:

I'm excited to book this cruise. We've been on several cruises, been to disney many many times, but this is the first Disney Cruise.

Adults in our cabin. Both of my daughters are in the process of booking rooms for their families too:yay:

Hi Karen! I saw your post on the main board about picking a cabin...glad it all worked out. :welcome:

This should be a fun cruise...San Juan is one of my favourite places to visit.

Was just informed today that it looks like some friends will be joining us on this cruise :banana:. We met them on our first cruise and hit it off instantly. Their daughter is just a year younger than our DD and they were basically inseparable during the cruise. We've met up with them a couple of times since then and are really looking forward to another week long cruise with them. I will send her this way to check out the thread.

Was just hankering to start planning something for 2013 and Carmen said she was cruising for the March birthdays. My daughter will turn 13 on the 21st so shortly after the cruise. We have both an 11A and 5B booked but think we will try to keep the verandah!

We are myself, Fluvanna, DH (Jerry) and dd. We're not telling her yet since cruise is surprise for Carmen's kids. We've always done inside cabins. Just did our 3rd Disney cruise on the Dream in October for my dh's 50th birthday. Loved the Dream but 4 nights too short. Have done both eastern and western on the Magic. I have been to San Juan before (2005 or 6??) My dad had a temp assignment down there and went to stay for a week and did the tourist thing with my mom. Old Town was pretty neat.

Look forward to getting to know all of you!!

Fluvanna

Was just hankering to start planning something for 2013 and Carmen said she was cruising for the March birthdays. My daughter will turn 13 on the 21st so shortly after the cruise. We have both an 11A and 5B booked but think we will try to keep the verandah!

We are myself, Fluvanna, DH (Jerry) and dd. We're not telling her yet since cruise is surprise for Carmen's kids. We've always done inside cabins. Just did our 3rd Disney cruise on the Dream in October for my dh's 50th birthday. Loved the Dream but 4 nights too short. Have done both eastern and western on the Magic. I have been to San Juan before (2005 or 6??) My dad had a temp assignment down there and went to stay for a week and did the tourist thing with my mom. Old Town was pretty neat.

Fluvanna

:wave2: So glad y'all are joining us! This is going to be a double surprise for Haley. She will be so happy to cruise with Jessica again! I so hope I can keep everything a secret. Thanks for helping me out :)

Fluvanna

Welcome! The FE List has been updated.

We have some more friends that hope to join us! We met them too on our first cruise. A few of us had arranged here on the dis to sit together at dinner because we all had daughters within 2 years of each other. Out of the 4 groups, there were 5 daughters, 1 son. Little did we know at the time that 5 of them (and maybe even the 6th, can't remember) all have birthdays within 2 weeks of each other! Everyone got along great and the girls all had a great time hanging out with one another!

Anyway, now Ellen and her daughter are hoping to join us and Fluvanna's family! We are hoping to get the other family onboard too! However, they have since added a new addition to their family and I believe that they are wanting him to be a bit bigger when they cruise.

That brings a question: We all sat at one table that accommodated 14 people. If we can get all 4 of the families back together, do they have tables that big on the Dream/Fantasy?

It's gonna be one big birthday party! 4 kids AND 3 moms that have birthdays very close too!!!
celebratingparty:

Add us into the party - my birthday is March 11th and DD's is March 19th :cake:

We may have to have one big party on board! Lots of March bdays on this cruise. :bday:

If anyone was waitlisted for main dining, you may want to check. Ours went through :cool1:

Hello,
Carmie's 3rd friend here. I am working on DH to join this trip. We are the ones with the new addition. However, Carmie just reminded me that we can use Flounder's Nursery for a small fee (less $$ than we currently pay), so now I'm really trying to talk DH into it. I also have to make sure that isn't the week they do MAP testing at our schools.

I plan to go ahead and book something soon (I'll be moving an existing cruise booking to that date) and hope we can really make this happen.... I hope we can get our combined table again.

Our DD (Julia) will turn 13 onboard, or DS (Owen) will have just turned 2, and I won't tell you what birthday I (Amy) will have just celebrated :-) The rest of my family is DH Gary and DD Olivia.

Hopefully we will get to meet you all.

Hello,
Carmie's 3rd friend here. I am working on DH to join this trip. We are the ones with the new addition. However, Carmie just reminded me that we can use Flounder's Nursery for a small fee (less $$ than we currently pay), so now I'm really trying to talk DH into it. I also have to make sure that isn't the week they do MAP testing at our schools.

I plan to go ahead and book something soon (I'll be moving an existing cruise booking to that date) and hope we can really make this happen.... I hope we can get our combined table again.

Our DD (Julia) will turn 13 onboard, or DS (Owen) will have just turned 2, and I won't tell you what birthday I (Amy) will have just celebrated :-) The rest of my family is DH Gary and DD Olivia.

Hopefully we will get to meet you all.

:banana: This is Fantastic! I knew we all wanted a reunion cruise at some point and I'm so happy that it's coming together. Hopefully the MAP testing will not be that week. Keeping my fingers crossed :goodvibes

We have some more friends that hope to join us! We met them too on our first cruise. A few of us had arranged here on the dis to sit together at dinner because we all had daughters within 2 years of each other. Out of the 4 groups, there were 5 daughters, 1 son. Little did we know at the time that 5 of them (and maybe even the 6th, can't remember) all have birthdays within 2 weeks of each other! Everyone got along great and the girls all had a great time hanging out with one another!

Anyway, now Ellen and her daughter are hoping to join us and Fluvanna's family! We are hoping to get the other family onboard too! However, they have since added a new addition to their family and I believe that they are wanting him to be a bit bigger when they cruise.

That brings a question: We all sat at one table that accommodated 14 people. If we can get all 4 of the families back together, do they have tables that big on the Dream/Fantasy?

It's gonna be one big birthday party! 4 kids AND 3 moms that have birthdays very close too!!!
celebratingparty:

Carmen,

When we cruised this October we got a huge table for the 6 adults and 3 kids but it would definitely would have sat at least 12-15. I think we should be set.
Hope we can get it.

Fluvanna

I gave up the partially obstructed verandah for the 2 large porthole family oceanview!!!

Now we are stateroom 6012!

Carmen,

When we cruised this October we got a huge table for the 6 adults and 3 kids but it would definitely would have sat at least 12-15. I think we should be set.
Hope we can get it.

Fluvanna

That's great to know that they do have options for the large groups! Especially getting in the request early :goodvibes

We are booked in 8656. This is our first cruise. Tyler and I have been to WDW before, James and Isabelle have not. Tyler will be 9 and Isabelle will have just turned 2.

Let's add another Florida family to this cruise :banana:

It will be DH, me, and DS13.
This is DS's spring break and our anniversary week.

We went on our very first cruise ever this Christmas on the Magic. Wonderful time! DS and I wanted to go to Alaska in 2013 but after figuring out the cost, it was a no go. Oh well, at least this way, there is no cost for flying, we just drive to the port.

I will want to join the FE list, we had a good time with it at Christmas even though only 10 cabins participated.

Looking forward to getting to know you all while we "patiently" wait. :laughing:

I was waiting of the Magic dates out of Galveston to come out and figured I would go back and forth for months as to which cruise I would take but I didn't even put a deposit on the Magic today as the price and itenary were rediculous. So I am definately committed to spring break 2013 on the Fantasy.

I was waiting of the Magic dates out of Galveston to come out and figured I would go back and forth for months as to which cruise I would take but I didn't even put a deposit on the Magic today as the price and itenary were rediculous. So I am definately committed to spring break 2013 on the Fantasy.

I'm a bit mystified by the pricing too. I have been looking at the Alaska trips as a way to get together with family on the west coast. It's a bit surprising to me that I'm finding the Fantasy pricing to be more in line with what we've been paying on the Magic.

Still, I'm going to re-shop the price of this cruise when we sail on the Magic in March. And then I will probably book some kind of cheap cruise as a dummy to lock in the discount and the OBB.

Well, it looks like our (somewhat) large group will be joining in on the party!

My apologies if this ends up going long - I get a bit wordy - but I thought I'd introduce ourselves....

All-in-all there will be 11 of us on this trip:

My family (Phoenix area):
- Ryan
- Stephanie
- Teddy (8)
- Ellie (6)

My sister's family (New Braunfels, TX):
- Kara
- Coty
- Josh (12)
- Gabe (10)
- Molly (3)

Our parents (New Braunfels, as well):
- Rick
- Susan

This will be the sixth cruise for the four of us (we've done the Wonder and Dream) and the fourth for everyone else (same ships), so if anyone has any questions on the ships, I'm more than happy to help.

Needless to say, we're just as excited - if not more - than our first trip! Especially since we'll be celebrating our 14th anniversary on the 13th. ;)

We would love to join in on the FE list, if that's ok. We've done it every year and it's been a lot of fun for the kids. :)

Anyway, I hope to chat with you all over the coming months. Until then!

Ryan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter