Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean (San Juan) Cruise 3/9/13 - 3/16/13

I didn't mean to get him away from the decorating! Just excited that I had a reason to post something! :)

The front of the house is done. 50% done in the back yard and pool. 0% complete inside :(

ssanders79:

I'm boxing up some snow and send it down! It will be there in a week. ;)

Ted

ssanders79:

I'm boxing up some snow and send it down! It will be there in a week. ;)

Ted

What's snow? We celebrated Thanksgiving today wearing shorts and tank tops, and after eating we took the kids out front to shoot pumpkins with a crossbow (we will take the pumpkins out to the ranch tomorrow to bait feral hogs -- yeah, I'm Texan ... can't you tell?)

We are now not 100% sure we will take this cruise -- very expensive medical bills next month for our son's in patient pain rehab. But since we have until next December to pay this I am tweaking the budget as much as I can to make it work.

What's snow? We celebrated Thanksgiving today wearing shorts and tank tops, and after eating we took the kids out front to shoot pumpkins with a crossbow (we will take the pumpkins out to the ranch tomorrow to bait feral hogs -- yeah, I'm Texan ... can't you tell?)

Sounds like fun! I was at work today, which was a fine place to be. In fact, one of the other gals I work with has trouble with feral hogs ripping up her neighborhood, and her spouse shot one in the butt with his crossbow :thumbsup2

Seriously? :confused3

We have raccoons, a whole lot of squirrels, and the neighbour's cat ... but feral hogs?

Feral hogs are a huge problem out in farm/ranch country (an especial nuisance on hunting ranches). They are there because as farms failed years ago the farmers just let the hogs go ... creating herds of feral hogs.

They tear everything up, destroy everything they come across, and consume all the corn at the feeders.

Wow ... I had no idea! Now I'm actually starting to feel good about the racoons! Though when I tell DH about the crossbow, I think I know what he'll want for Christmas, and what he'll want to use as target practice! :laughing:

We live on a conservation lot in Florida, and we have a bobcat, racoons, possums, armadillos, snakes (all kinds), and a beautiful hawk that stalks the little geckos (I am probably forgetting something....). I love the wildlife in Florida :goodvibes

My friend that has the feral hogs lives where there is more land, where are we are in a suburb of Tampa. They tore up her and her neighbors lawn/landscaping once already, and they scared them away. Now, they are back! The neighbors actually take up watch to see who is staying up which night to try to shoot them!!

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

I found our school district's 2012-13 calendar online recently..and I am happy to find out that I picked the right week for spring break..so unless something big happens between now and then, we will be on this cruise!

We are on the June 16th with SilverFox and family...feels like we booked that one forever ago, but it will be here before we know it!

Happy Sunday..and Go Texans! :woohoo:

Leslie

A colleague just got back from a cruise that originated in San Juan. He and his wife spent the weekend exploring the Old Town, and loved it. Now I can't wait to go!

We are booked as well. I hope I picked the right week. It will be DH, and DS(8) and me. We've been on the Wonder and Dream but this will be our first 7 night Disney cruise. We're from Texas also. I started with an inside but moved us up to a 7A on deck 7. We've never done the FE but I'm looking forward to it.

We are booked as well. I hope I picked the right week. It will be DH, and DS(8) and me. We've been on the Wonder and Dream but this will be our first 7 night Disney cruise. We're from Texas also. I started with an inside but moved us up to a 7A on deck 7. We've never done the FE but I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to the group!:dance3:

7 night cruises are awesome....time to relax and enjoy the ship....

Welcome! Send me a PM with your family info and I will get you added to the FE List

I need another post before I can use PM. Maybe I have enough now. I'll try again.

Happy New Year Everyone. It has been an exhausting few weeks, could really use a cruise right now! In the last 7 weeks, I have made 2 trips to WDW, 2 trips from Houston to Dallas, and one trip from Houston to Jackson, MS (actually just a bit north) which included getting an offer in an a house under construction. That in itself is mentally exhausting being so far away. Wish I could just jump in the car to check on progress but I can't.

But whew, we're home for at least the next few weeks and I can finally put the suitcases up! We'll be heading back up to Dallas for spring break and Jackson again in late Feb/early March, but I'm just glad to be home for now. Oh yeah, and i have to get our house ready to list! But at least all this is making the time go by fast :-)

Was just informed today that it looks like some friends will be joining us on this cruise :banana:. We met them on our first cruise and hit it off instantly. Their daughter is just a year younger than our DD and they were basically inseparable during the cruise. We've met up with them a couple of times since then and are really looking forward to another week long cruise with them. I will send her this way to check out the thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter