Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

Been watching the weather reports from Texas and it seems like all the feeder bands are starting to moving into the Houston and surrounding areas. It is going to be the rain that hurts us. Hope to hear from everyone before we leave so I know they are all okay.

Been watching the weather reports from Texas and it seems like all the feeder bands are starting to moving into the Houston and surrounding areas. It is going to be the rain that hurts us. Hope to hear from everyone before we leave so I know they are all okay.
We are watching as well. Our Houston family has stayed put.

The Candy exchange was great! Thank you to all who participated.

Bobbi:)

Thanks for all the great gifts. So for the mixup with our room number. We had a great time! Safe travels everyone

Thanks to everyone for all of the fish extender gifts! We had a great time!! Did anyone hear anything about the person with the medical emergency? I hope he/she is ok.

We have our special things all on Sunday. On Sunday at noon, I will be meeting for lunch and to trade pins. We will meet at the elevators entrance to Cabanas.

Our stateroom is 7556, and you can leave a message via stateroom phone. Would love to meet you...

Bobbi
Sad that we didn't get to meet up. A routine follow up MD visit On 8/23 resulted in stat blood work. 8/24 my MD told me to go to ER b/c of possible blood clot in my lungs. CT scan showed several clots & I was admitted (I if course told everyone that I was leaving on a cruise Sat). I was discharged late Friday, so was rushed finishing packing. All disboards info was left at home. Had a fantastic time.
Thank you for your kindness
Kathy

Sad that we didn't get to meet up. A routine follow up MD visit On 8/23 resulted in stat blood work. 8/24 my MD told me to go to ER b/c of possible blood clot in my lungs. CT scan showed several clots & I was admitted (I if course told everyone that I was leaving on a cruise Sat). I was discharged late Friday, so was rushed finishing packing. All disboards info was left at home. Had a fantastic time.
Kathy
One other occurence: had my homemade Tinkerbell magnet on my door & Saturday night it disappeared. I placed a message on my white board requesting its return. Someone wrote to check a certain cabin on opposite side of the floor. We did and no magnet. However on Sunday when we passed that room, there was my Tink magnet on their door. I took it back & Tink & other homemade magnet spent rest of cruise on inside of our door.
It seemed inconceivable that someone would stoop to taking other people's belongings. Still a fantastic trip.

Kathy

One other occurence: had my homemade Tinkerbell magnet on my door & Saturday night it disappeared. I placed a message on my white board requesting its return. Someone wrote to check a certain cabin on opposite side of the floor. We did and no magnet. However on Sunday when we passed that room, there was my Tink magnet on their door. I took it back & Tink & other homemade magnet spent rest of cruise on inside of our door.
It seemed inconceivable that someone would stoop to taking other people's belongings. Still a fantastic trip.

Oh my! I am so HAPPY to hear you were able to go and had a fantastic trip. I hope we can meet in person someday!

I too, had medical issues on Thursday, and got in to see my NP, and will have a follow up on Tuesday.

Two of us met to trade pins outside of Cabanas! I did not get to TTOTW until 10 PM on Friday. People were already lining up by the wall for fireworks, so, I do not know if people did meet up. The Hallowishes were wonderful.

Our home made magnets did stay on our door, and are safely home with me for next time. It could have been a practical jokester who moved your magnet. I am not sure that someone who took it would be bold enough to display it on the same cruise. JMO.

It was a fantastic cruise! Tom was not as enamoured with DVC MCs as I have been, thought this was one of his best cruises ever, and that says a lot to me!:love:

I had priced out a cruise for 1/29 on the Dream but ended up just authorizing a 250 place holder. When I added reservation # to dcl site, it showed confirmation for 1/29 cruise (hmm). Am going to talk with DH & maybe we will be on the seas soon. When I checked cruise threads, none have been started.
How do I create a thread?

I had priced out a cruise for 1/29 on the Dream but ended up just authorizing a 250 place holder. When I added reservation # to dcl site, it showed confirmation for 1/29 cruise (hmm). Am going to talk with DH & maybe we will be on the seas soon. When I checked cruise threads, none have been started.
How do I create a thread?

I think it is two parts.

First create a new thread in this
forum, giving it the title you want.

Then go to this thread

https://www.disboards.com/threads/find-your-2018-dream-cruise-meet-link-here.3557932/

And post that you have started a tread for your cruise. You can copy and put the link to your thread in that post.

If you have more questions, ask, OK?

I will be having a second foot operation at the end of January, otherwise I would be on that cruise in a minute!

Any feedback from anyone who took a trip to the Baths? Am taking the same itinerary in April. I would appreciate some comments about the facilities and walking ability needed to go there. I am having a foot operation tomorrow, Wednesday morning, I may not be back here for a few days.

Any feedback from anyone who took a trip to the Baths? Am taking the same itinerary in April. I would appreciate some comments about the facilities and walking ability needed to go there. I am having a foot operation tomorrow, Wednesday morning, I may not be back here for a few days.

We did it.

It is a good hike. You go down to Devil's Bay (about 20 minute-ish walk, not even surface). Then you go to the lower area beach for about 30 minutes. Then you go through the caves (a lot of crouching and climbing) before getting to the baths for another hour or so before walking up the hill about .5-.75 mile seemingly to the restaurant.

There is supposedly a way once in Devil's Bay to not have to go through the caves but I'm 99% sure that means going back up the hill then going down the hill to the baths on the other side.

On a side note; I just realized yesterday looking at others' photos that we didn't get the pin gift on that night, just the macaroons. Disappointed about that. So ebay here I come, ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter