Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

I called DCL today to verify they have our new address, not the address we had when we booked, it seems the " document " people have Monday to Friday hours only!

I did it, I booked next year's MC. :)

DH said he would go with me.:yay:

congrats! The DIS was down this morning so I couldn't follow along to see how everyone was progressing. Heard it sold out.

normally I feel the urge to jump on but not this time. For some odd reason I didn't have any last minute change of heart about not booking next year. I really liked that they had changed course these past few years with different ships and different destinations. To go back to the 4nt double dip on the dream felt like a bit of a let down.

But the Member Cruises are such a good time I'm sure it will be fun.

congrats! The DIS was down this morning so I couldn't follow along to see how everyone was progressing. Heard it sold out.

normally I feel the urge to jump on but not this time. For some odd reason I didn't have any last minute change of heart about not booking next year. I really liked that they had changed course these past few years with different ships and different destinations. To go back to the 4nt double dip on the dream felt like a bit of a let down.

But the Member Cruises are such a good time I'm sure it will be fun.
I understand and would have liked a longer itinerary, and I do not have to travel in summer. People have asked DVC for a cruise that fits school schedule, so, for those with children who wanted it, good.

I do not know if it sold out. Veranda rooms may still be available. I did not call until after 2, maybe 2:30, and I got right through, no hold. Since I wanted a veranda, and I think I got a good one, starboard, mostly mid ship, deck 7. Interesting to me was that the family room catagories, those that sleep 5, were still available.

I understand and would have liked a longer itinerary, and I do not have to travel in summer. People have asked DVC for a cruise that fits school schedule, so, for those with children who wanted it, good.

I do not know if it sold out. Veranda rooms may still be available. I did not call until after 2, maybe 2:30, and I got right through, no hold. Since I wanted a veranda, and I think I got a good one, starboard, mostly mid ship, deck 7. Interesting to me was that the family room catagories, those that sleep 5, were still available.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel those upcoming cruises especially the EBPC cruise. The WBPC is one we'd love to do sometime.
JQ and I just booked the 5nt NYC to Bermuda next Oct. we've never been to Bermuda and a NYC sail combined with an overnight dock in port sounded pretty good.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel those upcoming cruises especially the EBPC cruise. The WBPC is one we'd love to do sometime.
JQ and I just booked the 5nt NYC to Bermuda next Oct. we've never been to Bermuda and a NYC sail combined with an overnight dock in port sounded pretty good.
That does sound very good!
We went to Bermuda in 1969, for our first anniversary. The very special thing about that trip, is that the very first traffic light was going to be installed in Bermuda. We bought and I have kept the newspaper with the article that explains just how to behave at a stop light intersection!:)
Is there a reason you did not wait to book onboard? Or are you on board DCL right now??

That does sound very good!
We went to Bermuda in 1969, for our first anniversary. The very special thing about that trip, is that the very first traffic light was going to be installed in Bermuda. We bought and I have kept the newspaper with the article that explains just how to behave at a stop light intersection!:)
Is there a reason you did not wait to book onboard? Or are you on board DCL right now??

We held a placeholder coming off the 12nt. British Isles cruise 2 wks. ago. Really weren't sure what we wanted at the time, and this was the best option for us looking ahead to 2018. So we applied that to Bermuda.

We'll probably just put down 250.00 again this cruise to hold another placeholder. Would love it if they announce another 12nt Med cruise that stops in Croatia in 2019. Italy and Croatia are on our bucket list.

Hello! I am not well versed on using this forum but with some perseverance finally found you all. We booked this cruise the morning it opened for reservations about a year ago. This will be our first DVC Member Only Cruise but our 4th Magical Disney Cruise, our 51st cruise combined. My DH and I are coming from Louisiana and we are looking forward to meeting you all. Please feel free to direct me to any thread with information we shouldn't miss with our thanks in advance. I doubt I will have time to read all 22 pages of posts. LOL See you all very soon!

Hello! I am not well versed on using this forum but with some perseverance finally found you all. We booked this cruise the morning it opened for reservations about a year ago. This will be our first DVC Member Only Cruise but our 4th Magical Disney Cruise, our 51st cruise combined. My DH and I are coming from Louisiana and we are looking forward to meeting you all. Please feel free to direct me to any thread with information we shouldn't miss with our thanks in advance. I doubt I will have time to read all 22 pages of posts. LOL See you all very soon!
:welcome: Glad you found us!!

We have a wonderful daughter in law from Houma! Is that near you?

If you read the first few pages, I think you can get a good idea about activities to expect and gifts that were gotten in the past.

If you are going to be in WDW the night before, I will be up in The Top of the World Lounge in BLT. There will be a Halloween party at the MK, and the lounge will be a fun place to watch Hallowishes!

Another chance to meet, and pin trade will be the first sea day, meeting by the aft elevators outside Cabanas at noon. Some of us will meet, have lunch and pin trade.

Bobbi

no cruise docs yet. Magical Express vouchers arrived last week. We leave 2 wks from tomorrow. Can that even be real?

I will be circulating the closed FE lists one final time via private conversation to each group. Don't forget to check your messages.

one quick question: what is the currency of Tortola? I haven't had a minute to check. Thanks

Oh, a placeholder, I forgot about those!

They're easy to hold. DCL used to assign a dummy date and actually book us on a random 3nt cruise 2yrs out. Now they just take a deposit of 250.00 and give you 2 yrs to use it.
it's refundable so no down side that I can see.

:welcome: Glad you found us!!

We have a wonderful daughter in law from Houma! Is that near you?

If you read the first few pages, I think you can get a good idea about activities to expect and gifts that were gotten in the past.

If you are going to be in WDW the night before, I will be up in The Top of the World Lounge in BLT. There will be a Halloween party at the MK, and the lounge will be a fun place to watch Hallowishes!

Another chance to meet, and pin trade will be the first sea day, meeting by the aft elevators outside Cabanas at noon. Some of us will meet, have lunch and pin trade.

Bobbi
Thanks for the reply. We are driving into Cape Canaveral the day before but not able to visit WDW this trip. Shreveport is in the NW corner of Louisiana bordering Texas and Arkansas. Houma is south, south east, so we are not exactly neighbors but we embrace our South Looziana peeps and the culture. We do not collect pins but we will try to join y'all for lunch, if that's okay. We are in Stateroom 9104, Aubrey & Adrienne aka "The Pop-A-Corks". hehe

Thanks for the reply. We are driving into Cape Canaveral the day before but not able to visit WDW this trip. Shreveport is in the NW corner of Louisiana bordering Texas and Arkansas. Houma is south, south east, so we are not exactly neighbors but we embrace our South Looziana peeps and the culture. We do not collect pins but we will try to join y'all for lunch, if that's okay. We are in Stateroom 9104, Aubrey & Adrienne aka "The Pop-A-Corks". hehe

Great!

We are going to stay at Bay Lake Tower for four nights after the cruise. Our DS and DDIL will meet us there. I've ordered new Magic Bands and according to an email from Disney they were shipped on August 4, but I checked the tracking number and they are still in transit. I did get cards which validate our purchase of the three day Florida resident park tickets whiich have to be exchanged at Guest Services so we can provide Florida IDs. No cruise documents yet, but I've made some online reservations for port and onboard activities. We were able to get FP reservations for the Navi River Journey but no luck with Flight of Passage.
Didn't book next year's member cruise since we've done the four night several times, but I'm glad that people with school age children will have a chance to experience it. I was really happy when this year's cruise was for seven nights, as four nights just seems too rushed.

My suggestion is to keep trying for FOP, I got them, 2 nights, very much into the 60 day period. I will cancel the second night, once we go on it. I am keeping it in case of torrential rain on the first night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter