Fantasmic???

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
For those of you who follow the amazing Bioreconstruct on Twitter, he's been posting overhead shots of the Fantasmic set for the past several days and Disney is clearly ramping up the pace of refurbishment.

That's good news! Looks like quite a bit of work to be done still. I wonder how long it will take?

I’m happy to hear it’s being worked on but I was hoping to see it in February. It’s my favorite WDW show.

Unpopular opinion: I think Fantasmic is outdated. While I don't think it should be retired right away, I'd love to see them try a different show a few times per week (even if it's just seasonal).

No disrespect to anyone who likes the show--people are allowed to like what they like :)

hopefully they are introducing some new ip, with the co’s empasis on current ip, this is one place where it is sorely needed. Too much of wdw fantasmic is built around pochahontas and there is so much more in the catalog since then

Unpopular opinion: I think Fantasmic is outdated. While I don't think it should be retired right away, I'd love to see them try a different show a few times per week (even if it's just seasonal).

No disrespect to anyone who likes the show--people are allowed to like what they like :)

Absolutely and I can respect your “unpopular opinion” as well. My only thought on Fantasmic staying or them bringing in something new is that they’re bringing in new shows and getting rid of old ones everywhere else. I’d like to keep some old Disney around amidst all this change.

Absolutely and I can respect your “unpopular opinion” as well. My only thought on Fantasmic staying or them bringing in something new is that they’re bringing in new shows and getting rid of old ones everywhere else. I’d like to keep some old Disney around amidst all this change.

Ties into one of the biggest sore spots of the parks, tbh--the number of visitors is increasing too fast for the number of attractions/shows to absorb crowds. They've definitely been trying to catch up the last five years or so, but it's just not fast enough.

Also super weird to me that they don't use the space at all for a daytime show, like a boat parade or something.

Anything? Anything on this? We are scheduled for August and am really hoping it's back by then

Anything? Anything on this? We are scheduled for August and am really hoping it's back by then
I HIGHLY doubt it. We too are going in Aug and would love to have it back, but we haven't heard a peep so we've basically given up hope.

I will be there the last week of July. I was really hoping it would be reopened by then. Mainly because I like that I can sit down and not fight for a spot to see a nighttime show.

Any news on this anywhere?? The lack of updates one way or the other is a bit concerning. Is it talent staffing levels or site issues?

Any news on this anywhere?? The lack of updates one way or the other is a bit concerning. Is it talent staffing levels or site issues?
I believe they have refilled the moat back and have begun staging and adding in trashcans. No actual release date yet. The post I read said any shows they have added back they have done at least two months of rehearsing. So I'm guessing fall?? Maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter