Fantasmic on Thanksgiving - Should I get Fast Pass

mthds

Mouseketeer
Do you think I would need fast passes for Fantasmic on Thanksgiving Night? Not arriving in park til lunchtime. Will hopefully have a fast pass for slinky dog and probably Beauty and the Beast. Probability of being able to get another tier 1 FP that late in the day not good, Not too many tier twos we care about. So was thinking FP Slinky, Standby Tower, Single Rider Rock N Roll, and then Star wars area and a few other attractions that don't have long waits.

By then it would be getting near meal time and going to Fantasmic. Didn't know at my 60 day mark if I should get another tier 2 and then try to get Fantasmic FP day of. Never been to Fantasmic and NEVER been to Disney on such a crowded holiday so not sure what to expect.

Get one day of, they will be plentiful. Just make sure not to wait till the last minute, especially if the park is feeling full

While you may be able to get a Fantasmic! FP the day of, if you don't really care about the other tier 2's, and definitely want to see Fantasmic!, I would not take the chance. Just go ahead and get the FP for it. A lot of people may be applying the same day FP strategy, and if you are not arriving until later in the day, the earlier arrivals may start grabbing the Fantasmic! FPs before you have the opportunity.

Yes, the Fantasmic! theater is large, but there is only one showing. Compare that with something like the Frozen Sing-Along. Smaller theater, but something like 8 showings throughout the day. The one you want is full? Just try the next one. No such opportunity with Fantasmic!

And, before someone mentions they sometimes do 2 showings of Fantasmic! on busy days. We were at Disney (actually in HS) last Thanksgiving. One showing.

Last edited:

I have done that - but we usually hold our FP for harder items. Thanksgiving Day - you are probably looking at arriving a minimum of an hour prior - and as Delirium mentioned I haven't seen 2 showings in a very long time (we were there on Easter and that is one of the top 5 busy days). If you want a nice meal - I like the dining package option. We like Mama Melrose and just have a nice dinner and then you have reserved seating later. Something we do on holidays if we are going to the show - just to avoid the holiday crowd crush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter