Fantasmic Dinner Pkg....Worth it??

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
I just booked the pkg with Mama Melrose as my restaurant choice. Seems like a decent deal, but I'm hoping to hear from some other DISer's who've done this before.

I'm going to bump this back to page one for you. I've never used it. I usually travel off-season and haven't found a need for it. Hopefully someone else can give you some feedback!

I know Deb also has some feedback about it on her website also. You might want to read what her site has to say about it. Deb's FDP Info

We have done this the past three summers. This year, we ate at Mama Melrose. We weren't thrilled with the way you had to order but it was certainly a lot of food. (We would have preferred to choose an appetizer and dessert of our choice but it was ok). You have to get to Oscar's by 8:30 for the 9:00 show. We arrived at 8:15 and had decent seats. I don't know how long the "non package" folks had to stand in line or how early they got there. For us, since we always go during busy July, we figure that we have to eat anyway so we might as well just do the package to save a bit of wait time.

We ate at Momma Melrose this past December as part of the Fantasmic Package.
The food was very good, but there was too much for the two of us. You share a flat bread and a salad then you have your entree and then the dessert. I only ate about 1/4 of my pasta as I wanted to save room for dessert.
Personally I would rather that they lower the price and just offer the salad and and entree, if you wanted an appetizer and/or dessert you could pay extra.
But I would eat there again as the food was good.
We got to the entrance about a 1/2 before the show and we were able to get very good seats, we were to the far left of the seating area for the packages (as you face the stage).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter