Fantasmic dinner package???

jaysbabe

Have you seen my glass slipper?
We're heading to WDW for 5 days the 2nd week of Jan. Should we do the Fantasmic dinner package. (DH, DS3 and myself). I called yesterday to dining and I was able to get ALL my dining requests honored. I didn't do the dinner package yet but the CM said there was still availability on each night. Thoughts????

We just wound up booking it ourselves. We're on the dining plan and have to eat dinner while we're at MGM anyway so I figured why not!

I think the fantasmic dinner is so so overpriced...

going in January I do not see a problem getting a seat.

Personally,, I would avoid it and just book an ADR where you want

We have always done the Fantasmic Dinner package because we figure that we have to eat anyway and this way, we do a few more rides and then walk right up to the show while others are waiting in line. We also like knowing that we will be sitting down for a meal and relaxing for a while. We love it. We've done Hollywood and Vine and this time we are doing Mama Melrose's. Enjoy:thumbsup2

Did you end up going with the Fantasmic package?

I'm considering this also, but like others, I'm not expecting Jan to be too busy, so we might be able to get away with saving the $$ (no DDP) and having another cheap dinner.

On the other hand, I heard the food at Hollywood and Vine is good, so we might do it anyway. I'll need to look up those prices again.

We do it at Hollywood and Vine. If you are planning to go there anyway, you should do the package so that you do not have to wait in line forever to see Fantasmic. :)

I really like the fantasmic dinner package because I like going to the show at the very last minute with the good seating. Some people complain that the reserved seating for the package is on the side of the theatre, but I happen to like it. We would never wait an hour for good seats, so this works best for us. We have watched the show without the package (because they were already sold out) and it was fine. If you are going to eat TS anyway, I'd do it for the convenience.
Good luck!

I had heard that even with the package you need to arrive 20 minutes or more in advance. Is this true or can you arrive 5 minutes before start time?

I would also be interested to know how far ahead of time you need to arrive at the Fantasmic entrance if you do the Fantasmic dining experience. Also, do they actually charge more to eat at one of the participating restaurants if your reservation is part of the dining experience?

Thanks!

I had heard that even with the package you need to arrive 20 minutes or more in advance. Is this true or can you arrive 5 minutes before start time?

We were told to arrive 30 min early; which we did. However, they were still letting people in at the "dinner" enterance right up until the show started. My guess is they will not turn you away, but I'm not one to tempt fate too much. I hate being late for anything, preferring to be early to most things.

Last time we went and we didn't do a package. We finished watching BATB and left there and stood in line for 5 minutes and then I ran ahead without the kids and husband and got a seat. We didn't mind getting there early because we ate the mickey heads ice cream and that was a treat for all of us:cutie: (Now that was in Feb). This time were heading in March and there is 2 shows, so from what I have heard the 2nd will be less crowded and I'm now thinking of cancelling the package and heading to Sci-fi because the kids love this restaurant and hate to miss it. I would like to try Mama due to we haven't tried it but the kids hate change and love the corny movies and the fact we're sitting in cars is way so:cool1: for them

After reading all the suggestions, I am not booking the package since we're going during a "slow" time. I figure we can eat where we want and then head to the theater 20-30 prior for seats.

I called last night to check availability for dining and there were packages still available.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions!

I, too, have decided to forgo the Fantasmic Dinner package for January.

These boards are so helpful in helping me plan this last minute vacation! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter