Fantasmic Desserty Party in November?

thecapells

Disney Dad
I am hearing that the Fantasmic Dessert Parties are not available on Sundays in November - only Fri and Sat.
Is that normal for Disneyland?
We're going for the first time and that kinda screws things up.

Also, why are there no fireworks scheduled from Nov 1-Nov 9th?

The dessert boxes not being offered on Sundays... I can't answer if that's "normal" or not. I would assume since it's "the off season" that could be the reason.

aaaand I believe the fireworks from the 1st - 9th are being re-calibrated from the Halloween show to the Believe...Holiday show.

I am hearing that the Fantasmic Dessert Parties are not available on Sundays in November - only Fri and Sat.
Is that normal for Disneyland?

Did you hear this from Disney or from the boards? I would call Disney just to double check, but, as the pp said, if it is true, it could be because of low season. Also, just so you know, it's not a "dessert party" -- it is VIP seating with a dessert box.

We're going for the first time and that kinda screws things up.

Also, why are there no fireworks scheduled from Nov 1-Nov 9th?

There won't be fireworks on Nov. 1st and Nov. 5th-8th because in low season the fireworks are only shown on weekends. The Christmas parade television taping is scheduled for Nov. 3rd and 4th, so there won't be fireworks then because the castle area is blocked off for the taping, and I would assume the same to be true for Nov. 2nd.

There is a rumor that the holiday fireworks "may" have a soft open on the 9th, but that hasn't been confirmed. But if it happens, you may get to see the holiday fireworks on your trip.

Just wanted to confirm that I called Disney Vacation Planning yesterday and was also told that, at least for Sunday, Nov 4, there was no F! dessert seating available due to no show scheduled. The CM thought it was weird, but then decided, optimistically, that there could be something else happening instead. But now it sounds like it's just DLR cutting back entertainment, which is too bad since I wanted to see the show on a Sunday to get a slightly less insane crowd. We booked for Sat, Nov 10, instead.
All this lack of entertainment is making that nice lower period between H'ween and Holiday time feel almost too "budget" on DLR's part. To me, tickets should cost less for this much reduced scheduling. :p

There is a rumor that the holiday fireworks "may" have a soft open on the 9th, but that hasn't been confirmed. But if it happens, you may get to see the holiday fireworks on your trip.

The Park Hours now say "Believe" is scheduled for the 9th.
But given that is our shot at the dessert pkg with Fantasmic, we might opt for Fantasmic instead.
I saw a video of "Believe" and was not impressed.
What do you Disneyland vets think?

Just wanted to confirm that I called Disney Vacation Planning yesterday and was also told that, at least for Sunday, Nov 4, there was no F! dessert seating available due to no show scheduled. The CM thought it was weird, but then decided, optimistically, that there could be something else happening instead. But now it sounds like it's just DLR cutting back entertainment, which is too bad since I wanted to see the show on a Sunday to get a slightly less insane crowd. We booked for Sat, Nov 10, instead.
All this lack of entertainment is making that nice lower period between H'ween and Holiday time feel almost too "budget" on DLR's part. To me, tickets should cost less for this much reduced scheduling. :p

The Park Hours for November list Fantasmic on Sunday, Nov 4th.
Which is why I originally thought there would be a dessert pkg.
So I guess the original question stands.
Do they have nights where they do Fantasmic without the dessert package?

When I called yesterday they said it couldn't be booked for the 4th because it was 31 days out (that never happened before..in the past you could book something Nov 4th Oct 4th no matter how many days were in the month). So I'm supposed to call today..we'll see.

When I called yesterday they said it couldn't be booked for the 4th because it was 31 days out (that never happened before..in the past you could book something Nov 4th Oct 4th no matter how many days were in the month). So I'm supposed to call today..we'll see.

See, I totally thought it might be the same issue, but the CM said she should still see F! on the schedule even if she couldn't book seats for another 24 hours. And she said she could see it for the following Saturday, suggesting to her that F! would not be running that Sunday. :confused3 Please let us know what you discover today!

I was able to purchase F! Dessert tickets this morning for Nov 4, so try again all who are interested :)

I'm glad you got your date! Just wish CMs and the scheduling system could be more clear and come to the same, correct conclusions more often. ;)
I'm still sticking with the Saturday because I've written a whole story in my head how I should only plan one Big Thing that has a time constraint (we have to be at Place X at a particular time) for each day. So Sunday we have Ariel's Grotto, so let's leave F! for another day.

Got ours too!
Woo-hoo!

So what's the procedure for seating?
I hear you have to check in at a certain time to select seats?
Is that right?

Got ours too!
Woo-hoo!

So what's the procedure for seating?
I hear you have to check in at a certain time to select seats?
Is that right?

Yes, you line up (only 1 in your party needs to line up) Then you select your seats and then can return whenever you want. They told me to line up 1 hr early to pick seats but sometimes people line up way too early (IMO) so keep an eye on that. There will be a podium set up by the churro (or maybe it's popcorn) cart at the seating entrance.

Yes, you line up (only 1 in your party needs to line up) Then you select your seats and then can return whenever you want. They told me to line up 1 hr early to pick seats but sometimes people line up way too early (IMO) so keep an eye on that. There will be a podium set up by the churro (or maybe it's popcorn) cart at the seating entrance.

I did this Sat night. It is right by the Churro Stand. Line up going down the staircase.

Saturday was Packed. people started claiming waterfront spots at 5ish. I lined up at 6:45 and by 7:30 there was quite a line!

I did this Sat night. It is right by the Churro Stand. Line up going down the staircase.

Saturday was Packed. people started claiming waterfront spots at 5ish. I lined up at 6:45 and by 7:30 there was quite a line!

I've never been to Disneyland before.
Where is the churro cart/seating area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter