Fantasmic after park closes?

MaC410

DIS Veteran
Looking at my park hours for my trip shows that Fantasmic starts at 8:30 and HS closes at 8. Is this how it usually is? It doesn't seem like it's a normal thing looking at past park hours. Is this some newish thing they are trying out or am I looking at wrong past information.

Looking at my park hours for my trip shows that Fantasmic starts at 8:30 and HS closes at 8. Is this how it usually is? It doesn't seem like it's a normal thing looking at past park hours. Is this some newish thing they are trying out or am I looking at wrong past information.
This is not unusual for Fantasmic! to happen after the Park closes.

It happens a lot, nothing new.

I feel like a lot of stuff I looked up said that typically when there's a fantasmic after close that's because there are multiple fantasmics that day. I only see one fantasmic showing though. Is there a particular reasoning for having it after park close if there's only one show?

I feel like a lot of stuff I looked up said that typically when there's a fantasmic after close that's because there are multiple fantasmics that day. I only see one fantasmic showing though. Is there a particular reasoning for having it after park close if there's only one show?
not sure on the exact reasoning. RoL over at AK has also had performances after the park closes, I think it just gives people time to do more thing before heading to the last show of the night, I have never seen any relation with this and multiple shows

not sure on the exact reasoning. RoL over at AK has also had performances after the park closes, I think it just gives people time to do more thing before heading to the last show of the night, I have never seen any relation with this and multiple shows

I do see that Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! is at 8:00. I thought they usually scheduled these things closer together so people would have to choose between the two. Now I could see people rushing over after Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! to try to get to Fantasmic in time.

the Fantasmic after park hours close happens year round.

That doesn't really seem to be the case though unless the information on wdinfo is wrong. I went through the entire year of 2017 and Fantasmic is listed always as either 30 minutes before closing at right at closing. Maybe one or twice I saw it was after closing. Then all of a sudden starting in mid November it's 30 minutes after closing every night.

That doesn't really seem to be the case though unless the information on wdinfo is wrong. I went through the entire year of 2017 and Fantasmic is listed always as either 30 minutes before closing at right at closing. Maybe one or twice I saw it was after closing. Then all of a sudden starting in mid November it's 30 minutes after closing every night.
On the specific night where Fant is after closing, is there a MVMCP at MK?

ETA: I see it is every night.

It could be due to CM scheduling. Some CMs finish up their regular day scheduling before they head over to Fant.

Disney may be scheduling Fant later so that guests can view more than one late night show especially when they are blocked out of MK.

On the specific night where Fant is after closing, is there a MVMCP at MK?

ETA: I see it is every night.

It could be due to CM scheduling. Some CMs finish up their regular day scheduling before they head over to Fant.

Disney may be scheduling Fant later so that guests can view more than one late night show especially when they are blocked out of MK.

Yep all of a sudden in November it changes to every night and continues on like that for a while.

Another thing to note is there aren’t too many companies buying out the park for private parties due to lack of things to do.

Disney can offer a few more minutes and a chance to watch two nightly shows to regular guests without closing out the park relatively early.

What are people's thoughts on them adding another F! showing during Thanksgiving week? Looks like they usually show it twice that week but I know crowd patterns have changed a little bit too.

What are people's thoughts on them adding another F! showing during Thanksgiving week? Looks like they usually show it twice that week but I know crowd patterns have changed a little bit too.
50.5%

With an 8:30 Fant and DHS closing at 9:00; it’s unlikely another Fant will be added.

The shows are always scheduled 1.5 hours apart, so, if they added a 10:00 Fant, park Hours would have to be extended until 10:00.

What are people's thoughts on them adding another F! showing during Thanksgiving week?
I'm going against the grain and say that there is a 99% chance. I do have history on my side. They had two performances in 2015 and 16. The shows were at 7:00 and 8:30 in 2015. In 2016 they were at 7:00 and 9:30.

We first saw Fantasmic in 1998 and several times since. Almost every performance that we have attended has been 30 minutes after park close.

This has always been a nice benefit at DHS. We can stay at the attractions until closing time and still have plenty of time to make the show.

Then I'm going to say that the info you read is wrong. Fantasmic being scheduled after closing is very, very common. So common, in fact, that this exact question comes up at least 2 or 3 times a month.

I'm going against the grain and say that there is a 99% chance. I do have history on my side. They had two performances in 2015 and 16. The shows were at 7:00 and 8:30 in 2015. In 2016 they were at 7:00 and 9:30.
That's kind of what I was wondering. If they would add a 7pm show. That would still allow 1.5 hours between them.

But in 2015 and 2016, Disney employed Seasonal Entertainment CMs and many were scheduled to come in for Fant~only. With the decrease in employing Seasonal CMs, Fant is filled with full~time entertainment CMs who head to Studios after their shifts end at other parks... they would never make it in time for a 7:00p Fant. That leaves extending park hours for a 10:00 Fant, if possible.

Also, for the F! Dining Package the vouchers are for the first show so if they add another show after the packages are available for booking it would be for a later time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!