Fantasia Deems Taylor Narrations

foreveruncut

Earning My Ears
Hello. I am currently working on my own recreation of the Original Roadshow Version of Fantasia. The uncensoring process is already done. Now, I just need the audio for Deems Taylor’s narrations. I read in a YouTube comment that somebody read in a forum that the complete narrations were re-discovered around the time Fantasia was released on Blu-Ray, but Disney still used Corey Burton’s audio from the 2000 DVD. I don’t know if they did re-discover the complete narrations or not, but I would appreciate it if Disney released Fantasia on Disney+, complete with those narrations. Even if it’s censored, I just want the original Deems Taylor narrations for a possible Disney+ release.

foreveruncut

Earning My Ears
I did check the VHS tape, but on that, only the narrations for Toccata and Fugue and Meet the Soundtrack are complete. All the other narrations are shortened.

• Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
    What was the reason for the censoring of the original censorship?

foreveruncut

Earning My Ears
    I think you might be thinking of the Pastoral symphony segment, because the Deems Taylor narrations sparked no controversy, therefore, shortening them doesn’t count as censorship.

Disneylandfan85

Earning My Ears
    What was the reason for the censoring of the original censorship?
    I think the main reason Deems Taylor's original intros were shortened was because the overall movie was too long, clocking in at over two hours, plus an intermission. At one point, the general release version, which was released in 1942, reduced the time to 80 minutes in part by reducing Taylor's intros, as well as cutting out Toccata and Fugue entirely. Subsequent releases thereafter restored Toccata and Fugue but still kept Taylor's dialogue to a minimum, even as late as the 50th anniversary re-release in 1990 and later video release in 1991.

foreveruncut

Earning My Ears
    I think the main reason Deems Taylor's original intros were shortened was because the overall movie was too long, clocking in at over two hours, plus an intermission. At one point, the general release version, which was released in 1942, reduced the time to 80 minutes in part by reducing Taylor's intros, as well as cutting out Toccata and Fugue entirely. Subsequent releases thereafter restored Toccata and Fugue but still kept Taylor's dialogue to a minimum, even as late as the 50th anniversary re-release in 1990 and later video release in 1991.
    Well, whatever the reason may be, I sure hope the full audio has been rediscovered so that Disney can use it for release on Disney+.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates