Fans/Misters - A tip!!!

Mrs. M. Mouse

Dreaming of Disney
I posted this in the Canadian aug-sep trip post too but thought I'd share in main new post too!

Just a tip for those of you still looking for smaller fans/misters

Walmart has some in their camping department. I was at 3 different walmarts over the last 2 weeks and all 3 had them. These were fans with a mister built in. you could fan or mist or fan and mist together. it's battery powered. they run about 10 dollars

I found a misty mate mister at Bass Pro shops in Cross Iron Mills outside of calgary today. paid $6.00 for it...well worth the price. it's small, light and NOT battery powered! I was searching online and checked a couple sports stores websites, walmart websites too and only found it at bass pro...you could google search for one in your town and see what it comes up with. A good camping store should carry these though.

Hope that helps!

We've got 13 days to go til we leave! can't Wait!!!!

I saw those today at our Walmart.

We got different ones last week at Walmart. They are smaller and were $2.97 I think. They take one AA battery. I know they won't hold as much water but I don't know that I would like to lug around the bigger one, especially since we want one for everyone. We are a party of 6, 3 of whom are children. They will be responsible for their own fan/mister. I don't want to end up having to carry theirs as well as mine. The little ones we got had a caribiner clip on them so the kids will be able to hook them to their belt loop or fanny pack or whatever.

The large one from Disney is heavy and bulky. while it was a good idea at the time I won't be lugging it back lol...

I didn't see the 2.97 ones what department were they in? The misty mate I bought doesn't hold much water either but we found on the hot days for the water to go warm really fast anyhow so a tiny bit of water was all that was needed!

The large one from Disney is heavy and bulky. while it was a good idea at the time I won't be lugging it back lol...

I didn't see the 2.97 ones what department were they in? The misty mate I bought doesn't hold much water either but we found on the hot days for the water to go warm really fast anyhow so a tiny bit of water was all that was needed!

Where in Bass Pro are they located? Thanks for the info.

They are upstairs in the camping department - they were on the end isle before looking over the side and seeing the rest of the store??? hard to describe but if you go upstairs into the camping department, go through all the cooking stuff and it's on the last isle....there is not another isle on the other side of it if that makes any sense....

it's hanging with alot of other camping items - ponchos, marshmallow forks, stuff like that....

Thank I will check it out tomorrow. We live in Coventry so we are really close:goodvibes

The little $2.97 mister fans we bought were hanging on one of those plastic strips they have in the aisles at Walmart in the toy section. It's not really big but I figure the small size and the fact it's not that heavy (doesn't hold a lot of water and only takes one AA battery) will be worth it. I will just fill it up whenever we see a fountain. Also, since it was cheap, if nobody wants to use it, then I haven't spent $60 for 6 of them and I'm not out a bunch of money.

Thank I will check it out tomorrow. We live in Coventry so we are really close:goodvibes

Hope you were able to find them up there!

The little $2.97 mister fans we bought were hanging on one of those plastic strips they have in the aisles at Walmart in the toy section. It's not really big but I figure the small size and the fact it's not that heavy (doesn't hold a lot of water and only takes one AA battery) will be worth it. I will just fill it up whenever we see a fountain. Also, since it was cheap, if nobody wants to use it, then I haven't spent $60 for 6 of them and I'm not out a bunch of money.

I agree! While I was at yet another walmart today we saw the $2.97 you spoke about! they're actually the perfect size aren't they!!! Well done!:banana:

We bought the 10$ ones from walmart last year one broke the first day and the other leaked really bad. I like the sound of the small ones could have used them camPing this weekend :)

So I go to Bass Pro and get the one you mentioned and really like it. Dh comes along and primes it too many times and blows it to smitherines....back to Bass Pro:rolleyes1

We bought the 10$ ones from walmart last year one broke the first day and the other leaked really bad. I like the sound of the small ones could have used them camPing this weekend :)

hmmm that sucks...I'm glad I didn't buy them then! The one from Bass pro is small and light. I'm looking foreward to carrying it around and filling it when needed. I saw how small the $2.97 ones were at walmart and they are just the right size, I did see they have a rubber plug on them...Hope that doesn't become an issue for the OP...

So I go to Bass Pro and get the one you mentioned and really like it. Dh comes along and primes it too many times and blows it to smitherines....back to Bass Pro:rolleyes1

Oh dear! I only primed about 5 times and it worked great! Guess your dh didn't look at the instructions lol....Hope you get another with no worries!

Misty Mates are great, and work very well. We bought some for our daughters a few years ago and they were a big hit. Much better than the mister fans, IMO.

We got the Misty Mates 2 years ago at a local surplus store and they were great. I wanted to pick up a couple more this year, but can't find them anywhere in our area.

which walmart did you find these at? I've been looking everywhere and haven't seen them.

Thanks for the tip on these mister fans. They should be perfect for our trip in November. :woohoo: I found them between toys and camping area on a plastic strip at Wal-Mart.

which walmart did you find these at? I've been looking everywhere and haven't seen them.

I probably can't help you much since it was in Truro, Nova Scotia. They were hanging off of one of those plastic strips throughout the aisles when we were in the toy section.

We also saw a water bottle for drinking out of that had a mister fan on it when we where in Halifax today. They didn't have that in our Walmart here in Truro.

I don't know if you are from Canada or whether they have the same products in the US if you are from there.

Good luck. :wizard:

I'm in Halifax and my brother lives in Truro, so between the 2 of us we should be able to find them

Thanks for the info.

I was in 3 walmarts in Calgary and each one had them hanging on the end of an isle near the camping items. I didn't look in the toy section...

I've seen the tiny ones and the larger ones there....

they do not have these at the walmart in bowmanville, ontario. Just in case anyone was thinking of going and checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!