Family Time?

t4w

Time for Everything
Okay, so you can check kids in and get off by yourself - FANTASTIC.

BUT, what do families do TOGETHER? What did you do as a family that you would suggest? (I guess besides dinner and show - or port excursion)?

Character meets, movie theater, sport simulator, putt putt, aquaduck, swim early or late, bingo, towel animal class, Detective agency, bathroom tour, Fireworks, pirate shows, etc

Bear3412 said:
Character meets, movie theater, sport simulator, putt putt, aquaduck, swim early or late, bingo, towel animal class, Detective agency, bathroom tour, Fireworks, pirate shows, etc

Good list! We also did some trivia games, played ping pong and basketball, explored the ship, etc

Yep, all of that!! There is so much to do as a family!!

Fabooliss said:
Bathroom tour? Please explain!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Some of the bathrooms on board are gorgeous! In the bar area on the Fantasy, a CM even told us to look at the men's room after dh made sure it was clear

Making masquerade masks for Villain's Night in the Promenade lounge on our WBTA was memorable, as was Goofy's Boat Building contest. We had fun doing animal masks in November on the Magic. Just time together. :)

Our family had alot of fun with the Midship Detective Agency but we also really enjoyed alot of the family events in the D Lounge. I remember karaoke, toweling folding, trivia, and there was another one that I can't remenber what it was called but at some point we all wound up on stage participating in one way or the other. Lots of fun for the whole family. :goodvibes

I'm particularly excited baout family activities on the Dream when we go for our first cruise! We did a RCCL cruise last year and I just wasn't impressed with the family activities.

This can also be a lot of fun depending on your kids age and interest. It varies by ship how active this is and the selection....

In addition to the ones already listed, we enjoyed going to a couple of animation classes - you learn a little about how Disney animation works and has changed over the years and at the end the CM running the show teaches you how to draw a specific character - we learned both Goofy and Buzz Lightyear.

Even our 5-year-old drew a half-decent Goofy!

Keep in mind you'll be pressed to do 1/2 this even on a 7 night, if you plan on port adventures. Relax go with the flow.

I can now understand why it takes 10 saililings to ......

shburks said:
Some of the bathrooms on board are gorgeous! In the bar area on the Fantasy, a CM even told us to look at the men's room after dh made sure it was clear
My family makes fun of me because I took pictures of the men's room with the mosaic tiles. Lol

And let's not forget the Vegetable 500. :lmao:

Otherwise known as Mickey 200....

There are family activities listed in the navigator each day. These activities are open to anyone of any age, but are not kid drop offs. Some (like the Mickey 200) mandate that there be an adult in each group. Some are for teams of 4, so they will place 2 families of 2 together when needed. Some are for teams of any number.

There is plenty to do. Be sure to check out things like family dance party (usually 7:30 so that main dinner is over and early show is over...everyone is free to participate)

We did everything together. Our kids were 12 and 16. DD went to 1 thing in the kids club, and found it lame. And DW and I did wine tasting. Other than that, we were together 24/7 for 7 days. DW and I checked out "mom" and "Dad" hats when we got on board, and were our kids friends for 7 days. Our kids discovered we were pretty nice people to hang with.

We have plenty of time alone at home, this was a family vacation.

Our kids are some of the ones who don't spend much time in the programming. They like to do specific things and then get picked up, but otherwise, we're all together. We made them go to programming when we did brunch and dinner at Palo and pretty much the rest of the time was family time. And we had a BLAST! Movies, swimming (well, they swam, we watched), dancing, tea with friends (I forget what it was called, but it had Tiana and Ariel), dinner, shows, ice cream, wandering the ship. We never once got bored and we didn't even participate in most of the activities that were offered!

(We have only done two 7-night cruises.)

shburks said:

Yes, I totally agree. I did the same thing.

We're big on family time on the cruise and found plenty to do. There's a few things we loved that haven't been mentioned one of them being the open houses in the kids clubs. We did flubber together as a family - it was hilarious and we had a blast. The magic playfloor is fun too when it's offered.

Another one of our favourite things to do is hang out in the D-lounge late in the evening. Our kids are little but they are nighthawks and did fine staying up late. They have family activities going on such as game shows, dancing (often with characters), karaoke, a scavenger hunt, a New Year's Eve party and other fun things. Then we all go back to our room and order late night room service and watch Disney movies on demand till the kids fall asleep. It's our nightly tradition.

We like hanging out in the atrium in the evening to meet with characters, get pictures taken and enjoy the atmosphere and live music or browse the nearby shops.

Of course there's also lots of other stuff to do too like pools, splash areas, sports deck, mini-golf, detective agency, movie theatres, nightly shows, pirate party and other things that our kids barely ever find the time to make it to the kids clubs on their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter