Family ski vacation

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
We're considering going on a ski vacation after Christmas and before school starts back up. My kids, ages 10 and 14, aren't experienced skiers so we want to go somewhere with a great ski school. They don't want to ski everyday so we want to go somewhere with lots of other activities such as dog sledding, sleigh rides, etc. Any suggestions? Things are filling up fast so I need to book ASAP.

We go to Winter park, CO because it's not to far of a drive from Denver or you can take the train..we have been to a few places but our kids like this one the best. Stay at the YMCA cabins in Granby for the best rates plus the also have stuff to do.
We went on the free snow hill the town has... they even have free snow tubes available. Went to a few tubing places because it was the kids favorite over skiing. Horseback riding , snow mobiles indoor swimming..and a few other things.
It was fun ran into Dog the bounty hunter and his family also tubing.

Attachments

• 20181216_133857.jpg
    20181216_133857.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20181215_102816.jpg
    20181215_102816.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I loved https://www.brianhead.com/ when we had kids that age. We are not people who ski often so our skill level is always beginner.

All the runs on the Navajo Peak were within our skill level. I had no problem letting the kids go on their own.

You can also combine the trip with a stop in or around Las Vegas before or after the ski portion. Lots of places of interest like Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon, Death Valley, Valley of Fire, that are ideal to visit during the times of the year where skiing is open at Brian Head.

My niece takes her family skiing all the time in Northern Michigan. Many spots up there! :)

They downhill, cross country, ride snowmobiles and stay in lodges with pools and water parks. Her daughters are 14, 12 and 10.

A wonderful place for families is Smugler's Notch near Stowe in Vermont. We used to own a condo there and it is really a place for families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter