Family Reunion Resort

carolina64

sorcerers apprentice wannabe
We need advice.

We are just beginning to plan a small family reunion :woohoo:for next march, probably about 13-17 rooms,. A few families are adults only, three are large enough to require connecting rooms or a suite, and the rest will fit nicely in a regular room. This is a splurge for most of us, so the values are out by mutual consent.

One of the large families is interested in renting a large suite that could be used as a meeting place before reservations or just to hang out. The problem is that most of the resorts seem to block off the suites by requiring key card access. The first thought was the new BLT, but no one would be allowed to visit without the room owner meeting them at the door.

any suggestions? and no, everyone can't afford club level. that would be too simple.
:rolleyes1

Disney has a service called "Grand Gathering" that you can call for help. They will even set up dining reservations if needed. Not sure of the number, but you could find it on the official web site.

I would check out renting points to stay at one of the DVC resorts. I organized a family trip to OKW several years ago. We reserved an assortment of studios, 1-br and 2-br villas. The 1 and 2 BR villas have large sitting areas, a full kitchen and laundry facilities in the room. We chose OKW because they have the biggest rooms.

I would check out renting points to stay at one of the DVC resorts. I organized a family trip to OKW several years ago. We reserved an assortment of studios, 1-br and 2-br villas. The 1 and 2 BR villas have large sitting areas, a full kitchen and laundry facilities in the room. We chose OKW because they have the biggest rooms.

Multiple rooms for March 2011? Not going to happen. You are talking Spring Break.

Yes, OKW would be a good way to go. A 2-br villa there would probably qualify for "large suite" and would not cost nearly as much as any of the 3br villas there or elsewhere; Although I love the 3br villas at AKL/Kidani (which have probably been booked for months now).

But you probably do have a problem with that many rooms, this March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter