Family resort w/good pool near Clearwater?

MarcyMouse

Mouseketeer
For the next trip we plan to drive to Tampa for Busch Gardens and then relax on the beach for a few days. My kids really love hotel pools, particularly when there is a slide. Do you know of any resorts that have pool slides in the St Pete/Clearwater area?

I just spent a weekend in Clearwater and fell in love. I stayed at the Fairfield Clearwater Bayside. It is in a very convenient location. I was a quick drive to Clearwater Beach, Clearwater Aquarium (a must see), Indian Rocks Beach, Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary, and even drove down to Mote Marine Laboratory in Sarasota, over the beautiful Sunshine Causeway.

There is not a lot of good choices in the area for hotels, as you'll see from all the bad reviews on Tripadvisor.

I had a water view at the Fairfield Clearwater Bayside, and a beautiful view out my window of the sunrise and sunset, osprey on the light poles. The room was comfortable, and there was a very nice pool area. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and the grounds were gorgeous. Palm trees and Spanish moss. It was like New Orleans meets Florida.

Even better, the price can't be beat. I think my room was less than 80 bucks a night.

The staff is super, too, and there are lots of places to eat on Gulf to Bay Boulevard.

Have a great time on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter