Family of five - with snorers! lol HELP!

RainbowWit

ToT makes me SQUEEEEE
Hi all! I need heeeelllp!

We are a family of 5! 4 adults one teen

Me, my fiance, mother, sister, and DD15.

We are traveling first week of June to WDW. Up until yesterday the plan was a garden view BC room.

NOW my mom and sister are concerned about the snorers in the family. :confused3 ;)

Heart was set on BC but we cannot afford a 2 bdr space there.

We can fit in a 1bdr villa at BLT or AKL Jambo .... but I am concerned about walking to the restaurants/cs locations? Mom has mobility issues.

IS the walk from BLT to CR very long?

Should we just get two rooms at POR?

I am sooooo confused !!! Eeeek!

Hi all! I need heeeelllp!

We are a family of 5! 4 adults one teen

Me, my fiance, mother, sister, and DD15.

We are traveling first week of June to WDW. Up until yesterday the plan was a garden view BC room.

NOW my mom and sister are concerned about the snorers in the family. :confused3 ;)

Heart was set on BC but we cannot afford a 2 bdr space there.

We can fit in a 1bdr villa at BLT or AKL Jambo .... but I am concerned about walking to the restaurants/cs locations? Mom has mobility issues.

IS the walk from BLT to CR very long?

Should we just get two rooms at POR?

I am sooooo confused !!! Eeeek!

Snoring is awful to deal with if you aren't all super heavy sleepers. As much as I love the BC, I wouldn't choose to sleep in one room.

I think BLT would be super convenient with regard to your mom's mobility issues, but not sure that a 1BR there would solve the problem if three out of five of you are snorers unless all three snorers are sleeping in the living area. If they are willing to do that, I would definitely pick BLT over POR! Those 1BRs look really nice and the access to CR is very quick and easy (via bridge walkway and then the monorail is right there).

If BLT will not sufficiently solve the snoring problem, I would definitely go with two rooms at POR. BLT is definitely the more convenient resort option if you guys can make it work, though, and should definitely be better than a regular room at the BC in terms of spaciousness, etc.

Have fun whatever you decide! :thumbsup2

You didn't identify who snores? One of you or all of you? As a certified chainsaw without a muffler snorer - I can attest that snorers wake up battered and bruised when in tight quarters -- I've been elbowed, kicked, bumped, hit by a pillow and had shoes thrown at me. I suggest 2 rooms!

Tom

Me and the fiance are the snorers! So we could shut ourself in the bedroom in the 1bdr and the three others could sleep in the living area....

Is the walk over to the CR very long?

As someone who suffered from sleep apnea and feels much better now that I use a CPAP nightly, may I strongly encourage any snorers to go for sleep studies to ensure that the snoring is not endangering your health.

Me and the fiance are the snorers! So we could shut ourself in the bedroom in the 1bdr and the three others could sleep in the living area....

Is the walk over to the CR very long?

As long as the others are okay with sleeping on the pullout sofa and chair, that would be fine. Not as comfortable as sleeping on beds at POR probably, but you would get the full kitchen and the superior resort/location. Do keep in mind, though, that the living room would sort of look like a disaster zone unless you clean it up every morning. Are you renting points or booking directly through Disney? If the latter, you will get daily room cleaning anyway. If the former, you would have to pay extra if you want that daily. Probably worth it if you don't want to hassle.

The walk to CR obviously depends on how far your room is from the bridge, but the walk from the bridge into the CR tower is literally a minute. I can't imagine it taking you more than 5 minutes or so to walk to the monorail. BLT/CR are among the most compact resorts in WDW.

I think with the 4 adults and one teen, I would do two rooms. Probably at POFQ, because it's the smallest and would be the easiest on your mom.

We will be booking direct not renting points. I'm going to take advantage of paying it off before the 45 days instead of up front.

My sister has a nice comfy tall aerobed. I'm thinking she could bring that and set up in addition to the pullouts if we choose blt. I do like the idea of the kitchen.

I would not go with a 1 bedroom at Jambo House. There is only 1 bathroom, and it is not set up for multiple people to use it at one time. Most one bedrooms had a split bathroom, where there are a couple of different sections, and more than one person can get ready at a time, with some privacy. At JH, the whole bathroom is in one room. Only 1 member of our family could use the bathroom at one time, and it made getting ready in the mornings a long, drawn out event.

The BLT 1 bedroom has 2 full bathrooms, and is very spacious. I would pick that over 2 moderate rooms, because of the ease of getting to the MK alone.

I would do two rooms somewhere. I don't think that the BLT 1 brs are a good deal for a group of adults since two of the sleeping surfaces are pullouts. It depends how long your trip is I guess. I'd rather just have two separate rooms that had real beds in both rooms.

My vote is for two bathrooms and separate sleeping quarters. I value my privacy, particularly if several adults and genders are involved.

Thanks for all the input guys!! I am still negotiating with the family..LOL

It's tough to get five women to agree on anything!!

I still want BC or the Poly...we may just have to spring for two rooms at one of them....no one wants POR or POFQ.

And the current argument is that the BLT decor is just too contemporary for our family.

I'm going to pull my hair out before its over...I think I deserve a solo trip before the actual trip!!

As someone who suffered from sleep apnea and feels much better now that I use a CPAP nightly, may I strongly encourage any snorers to go for sleep studies to ensure that the snoring is not endangering your health.

I second this motion. It solved my issues and life it much better now. A lot more energy day to day and DH is much happier.

How about 2garden wing rooms at CR? It is a very inexpensive monorail hotel option and would provide lots of space, comfortable beds for everyone and 2bathrooms. Very easy walking distance to MK!

Well said! CPAP has changed the way DH sleeps completely!

The walk from BLT to CR isn't bad at all. POR you could have a huge walk so it is a good thing none of them want it! If you all want the original resort, then it may just be worth it to book 2 rooms and deal with the price so everyone can enjoy their sleep. Good luck!

You didn't identify who snores? One of you or all of you? As a certified chainsaw without a muffler snorer - I can attest that snorers wake up battered and bruised when in tight quarters -- I've been elbowed, kicked, bumped, hit by a pillow and had shoes thrown at me. I suggest 2 rooms! Tom

Sounds just like what i did to my dad last trip ;) lmao

DEfnitely go with two rooms. And try to convince your mother to rent a scooter from an offsite company. I rent from apple scooter. You can read about it on the disabilities board. It will meek Everyone's trip much more enjoyable. She can always park it and walk if she wants and the bus drivers are great at helping load. The average person walks 9 miles a day at WDW.

2 rooms at POFQ is a good value and the resort is small with very good bus service. That is where we go when we don't stay in a deluxe.

My mother snores and grinds her teeth. She came with DD and I on a recent trip and we all stayed in the same room. I used "Flent's Quiet Contour" ear plugs and they worked perfectly. Blocked out all sound and buying a pack of those was much less expensive then paying for an extra room! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter