Family of 6 (or 7) Taking OUR 1st Disney Trip - December 2017

MoBabee

Earning My Ears
:wave2: I'm soooooooo excited!!! This is the first trip for everyone in our family.

If everything goes according to plan, we'll be going with 2 adults (me and hubby):love2: and 5 kids :grouphug:. Have to wait to see if DN will actually move in with us this summer, before we'll know for sure.

There are a lot of kids in our home so our lives are color-coded and have been since we had two little boys a year apart :rotfl2:. You can imagine the necessity there. It worked out perfectly, everyone's color is their favorite color.

:offtopic: Hmmmm...Now that I typed that I'm wondering, did their favorite color become their assigned color or did their assigned color become their favorite color???

Anywho, without further ado we have:
DS14 aka Blue 8-)
DS13 aka Green :D
DS9 aka Red >:(
DN7 aka Purple :oops:
DD7 aka Pink :P

We will be celebrating all the kids' birthdays except Blue, our first baby and our only spring baby (next time we'll go in spring and celebrate him and our anniversary). All of their birthdays are within 4weeks of our trip. With one falling smack dab in the middle of our trip.

We (read: I) will be very busy with planning this trip and special celebrations for each birthday child.

So that's it for my introduction post. Hopefully I'll learn how to add pictures and I can introduce everyone properly.

DS9 aka Red >:(

I hope the color is the only thing about that emoji that describes your son. :)

We are a family of 7 who are all going together for the first time in September - I am excited to hear updates about your trip as things start coming together for you - very exciting!!

I hope the color is the only thing about that emoji that describes your son. :)

We are a family of 7 who are all going together for the first time in September - I am excited to hear updates about your trip as things start coming together for you - very exciting!!

Lol...yes definitely just the color. Lol

And thanks for joining me on my pre-trip!!!

So, I'm perfecting our dining plans before our ADR window opens on June 12th.

I'm thinking most days we'll eat breakfast in the room or at least at the resort.
Lunch will be around 1 or 2 pm.
And dinner will be around 7 or 8pm followed by an evening show in whatever park we're in that day.

So here's what we're looking at:

Saturday Arrival - Epcot
Lunch: Garden Grill or Counter
Dinner: Tokyo Dining

Sunday - Animal Kingdom
Lunch: ROL DP @ Tusker House
Dinner: Counter Service

Monday - Hollywood Studios
Lunch: Counter Service
Dinner: Hoop-Dee-Doo-Revue

Tuesday - Magic Kingdom
Dinner: Counter Service

Wednesday - Hollywood
Breakfast: Fantasmic Dining Package Hollywood & Vine

Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Be Our Guest
Dinner: Chef Mickey

Friday - Epcot
Dinner: Candlelight Dining Package @ Akershus

Departure Saturday
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare

We have a nice skeleton (I think, anyway), just need to add in some more details to fill it out. Next up: adding the nightly shows.

Yeah. A trip report that coincides with our trip. We check in Sunday though. We are planning Monday Hollywood Studios and then Magic Kingdom on Tuesday and Thursday too.

Our trip is heavy on the Magic Kingdom and Epcot side though. My husband's favorite thing to do is Magic Kingdom during the day and hop to Epcot at night. (We will do one night at Magic Kingdom though for the new fireworks) We have Hollywood Studios planned just because finally my youngest is old enough for Jedi Training. Always told my other son he had to wait until they both could do it. So hopefully that all works out.

Edited to add: This will be fifth family trip. Four of the five trips during the Christmas season. Its our favorite time to go.

Yeah. A trip report that coincides with our trip. We check in Sunday though. We are planning Monday Hollywood Studios and then Magic Kingdom on Tuesday and Thursday too.

Our trip is heavy on the Magic Kingdom and Epcot side though. My husband's favorite thing to do is Magic Kingdom during the day and hop to Epcot at night. (We will do one night at Magic Kingdom though for the new fireworks) We have Hollywood Studios planned just because finally my youngest is old enough for Jedi Training. Always told my other son he had to wait until they both could do it. So hopefully that all works out.

Edited to add: This will be fifth family trip. Four of the five trips during the Christmas season. Its our favorite time to go.

Cool!!! Happy to see someone who will be in The World at the same time as us. Maybe you can give me some tips along the way. :flower1:

So Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is officially on the schedule!!! Yesterday, I bit the bullet and purchased our tickets for December 12th.

I'm still watching the prices on plane tickets to schedule flights and that will be out last major purchase for our vacation.

Soooooooo excited!!!

Oh and I forgot to mention; we are staying in 2 rooms (hoping for connected) at Caribbean Beach Resort. We scheduled at the beginning of March so we qualified for the gift cards. We contemplated switching resorts but the free spending money made us stay put...:rolleyes1 .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter