Family of 5; First Time DDP - At WDW Now!!! 4/1/09 to 4/10/09

Wonderful reviews. We love the Tangerine Cafe at the Moroccan Pavilion. It is one of our favorite counter service restaurants.

This will be our first time using DDP, so it was nice to see you had such a positive experience. We don't have any children (yet), but I hope that the DDP is a good deal for us as well.

Great tips about substituting fruit for dessert. I love the apple and grape packs that you get at the CS restaurants.

Oh boy - Looks like photo bucket didn't like the fact that there were so many views of the photos:confused3. So, this weeken I will move them all over to the DIS photo archive. I will let you know when that is done. Sorry!!!

Going to WDW in 40 days! We have viewed your post at least 10 times! we loved your pics and your family adventures - what happened to them:( - and my BF keeps talking about getting the burger you posted. Thanks for sharing!

Just keep in mind that , especially with the kids menu there is a lot of fresh fruit and veggies offered..they dont get all the fat and sugar like the adults do. I would guess that you could sub a adult dessert for fruit as well (thinking of the counter service locations) Plus in the park there are many stands that sell fresh fruit for snack credits. With your hubby being a diabetic, he will be able to eat a bit more indulgently since he will be doing so much walking to help keep his blood sugar under control.

Good point about the walking. He has finally gotten serious about managing his typeII and has lost 12lbs this month - yeah him!! Anyhoo, I am looking at these dinners that are $27 and think "could I really eat the rest of the day for $13" hmm, with lunch and a snack probably not. And of course for the kids the $10.99 price can't be beat. Especially with one buffet being more than that. I don't know but I am really breaking down the numbers including tax and gratuity so I am sure. Kind of an aside but I think part of what will help us have a great time is the planning so there are not many surprises. I just prefer to know that hey, its expensive but I knew that and had a cash plan before I left TX. You know what I mean!?

Thanks.
Dawn

Good point about the walking. He has finally gotten serious about managing his typeII and has lost 12lbs this month - yeah him!! Anyhoo, I am looking at these dinners that are $27 and think "could I really eat the rest of the day for $13" hmm, with lunch and a snack probably not. And of course for the kids the $10.99 price can't be beat. Especially with one buffet being more than that. I don't know but I am really breaking down the numbers including tax and gratuity so I am sure. Kind of an aside but I think part of what will help us have a great time is the planning so there are not many surprises. I just prefer to know that hey, its expensive but I knew that and had a cash plan before I left TX. You know what I mean!?

Thanks.
Dawn

Hey Dawn - Remember as you calculate the DDP price, it includes all taxes and surcharges (sometimes during the year, some restaurants charge a surcharge, which is included with the standard price of the DDP). So, it comes out to a better deal than I thought originally when I did my calculations, as I thought the per person DDP price Disney quoted me, was not including tax - but later found out that it was. So the only other item would be gratuity.

Sorry about the pictures still being down, I wasn't able to get to it this past weekend, but promise to get it done this week.

Just wanted to chime in, a little late, I followed your report live and loved it! I looked forward to the next installment each day. We would probably do the Dining plan if our DD10 was still 9 but I did the math and it won't work for us, she would never order off of the adult menu.

Thanks again for the great report, and did I mention what a beautiful family you have? :goodvibes

Thanks Karen!!

OK - I have started the Loooong process of moving photos over so they can be viewed. I believe I can only upload 20 photos per day to the DIS, so it will take a while. My plan is to do about 20 a day until they are all fixed. If you are new and did not get to see the photos, I will post here each time I get them uploaded again. Sorry everyone for the mix up on photos. Anyway, if you go to page 3 of this post, the photos are back!!

I followed live so I got to see all the pics, well worth coming back for, great review, thanks for postin' it. :worship:

Yes - It's kind of like reliving it for myself again as well!!:)

Pictures back up through Page 5.

Pictures are back up through page 8!!

Tomorrow, my views on Photobucket should reset, so I am hoping all the photos will be back after that, so tomorrow, everything should be back to where it was. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

thanks for such great reviews and awesome photos. your family looks like they all had a fun time at wdw. makes us all excited for our future trips. well done!!!!!:)

Yours is one of the most enjoyable dining reviews I have read. You provided alot of information & your pictures were great. Your family is beautiful.
Thanks for taking the time to post the reports. :thumbsup2

Excellent reviews and pictures! I am determined to get one of those marshmellow Minnie's in August. We have also decided to try Marrakesh for the first time this summer, the pics looked great! I think we will also give Peco Bill's a try, the fixins bar looked yummy!

Super job!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter