Family group of 12 - Which Villa?

MinnieTheisen

Mouseketeer
Looking to spend Christmas with family at WWD! so excited but have several questions!

1) Trying to find best villa to accommodate 3 families - Family of 5, 4 and 3. We prefer being close to Epcot or MK

2) Where to reserve - On the regular Disney website it says my party size is too big but the individual resorts list max of 12 insome places.

It is the first Christmas without the Granparents and are trying to make it special for everyone. thanks for your help!

The OKW GV is not close to MK persay but it's HUGE, I believe the largest of the GV. The colors are light and cheery. We stayed with 10 of us in 2009 and seriously, it was awesome!

BLT, BWV, SSR, OKW, AKV - all have Grande villa that sleeps 12.

that say they are expensive... so might go with 2-bedroom and studio.

would try for BLT - although expect to pay big time. this is MK - it is across from the MK. you can walk over. These are at the top and have some of great views of the MK and BL.

BWV only has 5 (might be 7) units and they go pretty fast. You can try but really don't think you can get one.
this is Epcot area.

I hope you mean Christmas 2011, because a Grand Villa for Christmas 2010 is most likely impossible at this point, only 4 months out.

The GVs all accommodate 12 people. Some are all one-story, some are on 2 levels (OKW). OKW is a great choice because it is really spacious and because it is the oldest DVC resort, points are less expensive. However, all accommodations at WDW are very expensive at Christmas. And all the GVs are exceptionally nice. :thumbsup2

You might want to think about renting points from a member; that might be more cost-effective.

A 2-bedroom and a studio would accommodate 12 folks. Also, a Treehouse would house 9; you would still need a studio for the other 3.

Check out this site for other options.
http://www.mousesavers.com/wdw.html

At this point the only thing that will accomodate you all together is a GRAND villa, and if it is for Christmas 2010 you may be outtta luck .These book up Several MONTHS in advance, and since at this point we are a little more than 3 months out, it may not happen.Also The only DVC that has them in the Epcot area is BWv.The BCV do not have grand villas.

Thanks for all of the help! Yes looking for 2010. Will have to keep expectations in check.

I think when I looked Sarasota and one of the AK Villas were still open. Any one with experience with the SSR Villas? Thanks!

just tried some times when there should be available and it was saying the same thing - your group excess capacity.

there is something wrong with the online site. So you may have to call.

it should be looking at the GV and it is not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!