Family Bingo and Sarge Says

jktmom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone elaborate on a description of these activities? Would a 5 yr old be able to play family bingo?
What is Sarge Says?

thanks!

Can anyone elaborate on a description of these activities? Would a 5 yr old be able to play family bingo?
What is Sarge Says?

thanks!
Family Bingo is bingo played with families. anyone can play bingo. Sarge is the green army man from Toy Story, and it's pretty self explanatory - "simon says put your hand on your head".. etc.

Thanks! I’m sorry we missed these activities! Looking forward to our next cruise!

We bought the "family pack" or whatever it was called.

The kids played on the electronic screens. You don't actually DO anything but watch.

The adults used the paper cards.
(The game was faster than the kids could manage the paper cards.)

We bought the "family pack" or whatever it was called.

The kids played on the electronic screens. You don't actually DO anything but watch.

The adults used the paper cards.
(The game was faster than the kids could manage the paper cards.)
At the moment, on the Wonder at least, it's paper cards only. How is it on the other ships, does anyone know? On the Wonder they were having all sorts of technical difficulties during the 11/1 and 11/5 sailings.

So family bingo is real bingo for money? I thought it would be like Disney character bingo for little prizes LOL

So family bingo is real bingo for money? I thought it would be like Disney character bingo for little prizes LOL
Our neighbor's Mom won the final big payout of $10k. So yes, real money. 🤣

On the final day they typically have a final game for a large sum. It's a "blackout" game (all squares). If you get it in under some number of balls called, you win the big payout. After that it's still a good payout, just not really big.

Anyone can play family bingo, however they make it clear that
At the moment, on the Wonder at least, it's paper cards only. How is it on the other ships, does anyone know? On the Wonder they were having all sorts of technical difficulties during the 11/1 and 11/5 sailings.

I was just on the Dream this past weekend and they had new electronic handheld system as well as the cards. They were pretty nice. I actually won for the first time since I started cruising!

Our neighbor's Mom won the final big payout of $10k. So yes, real money. 🤣

On the final day they typically have a final game for a large sum. It's a "blackout" game (all squares). If you get it in under some number of balls called, you win the big payout. After that it's still a good payout, just not really big.
On the final day, there is no limit to number of balls called. They apparently have to payout the full amount. There are some blackout games earlier in the cruise where you have to get bingo within a certain number of balls called to win a big payout.

What is Sarge Says?

thanks!
Sarge Says is similar to the "Simon Says" game - where "Sarge" gives you orders to do different activities like dancing and jumping up and down - and doing them only when "Sarge Says". I believe is was somewhat modified due to Covid restrictions.

On the final day, there is no limit to number of balls called. They apparently have to payout the full amount. There are some blackout games earlier in the cruise where you have to get bingo within a certain number of balls called to win a big payout.
Yes, that's what I was getting at. To win the big jackpot you have to get the blackout in under a limit, otherwise they just keep pulling until someone wins. Just not the "big" payout. At least that's how it was the last time (pre-pandemic).

Here are the prices from our cruise in September on The Dream. Paper cards only, no big payout for the 4th game. All 4 games payout was between 100 to 200

Attachments

• 20210923_154313.jpg
    20210923_154313.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 16
Yes, that's what I was getting at. To win the big jackpot you have to get the blackout in under a limit, otherwise they just keep pulling until someone wins. Just not the "big" payout. At least that's how it was the last time (pre-pandemic).
Someone always wins the big jackpot at the end of the cruise. We've sailed 6 Disney cruises & always play Bingo. The final jackpot in the last game of the cruise is a guaranteed payout to someone no matter how many calls it takes.

in earlier games, they often have a $10,000 jackpot offered for covering your card within a certain amount of calls, and I've never seen anyone win that, but that isn't the same thing as the final big payout at the end of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter