Fall is in the Air - October 2021 W.I.S.H. Challenge

It’s been a good week-my sister brought her dog on her visit so we took more walks than usual. Went out for dinner last night-had a lovely salad with lollipop lamb chops. Sounds odd, but it was really good!
Not a lot of rain but lots of wind. Might check out the waves later.

I can do 11/15-21 next month

I had a surprisingly good dentist appointment and found out that the reason I have tooth sensitivity is because I floss too much. Here I thought I was doing a good thing…

Tomorrow I am getting my Moderna booster shot. I didn’t realize that I qualified, until I read a news article that basically said that more people qualify than we think. I am not looking forward to the side effects, but I need to get it done.

Doing self-care one day early, getting my hair colored at the salon.

Last week, one of my students asked me, “What color was your hair when you were little?” I replied, “Light blonde.” He said, “But then why do you have a brown stripe on top of your head?” 🙄 I can’t wait for his reaction on Monday when I am fully blonde again.

So Muppets Haunted Mansion may be my favorite Halloween movie. I enjoy Hocus Pocus but it's not a must watch for me. Generally not a Halloween movie fan.
Although Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and Garfield and Friends Halloween (which I just saw is on youtube) are winners. Hopefully can watch them later when DH and the boys get home from the "camp in."

I also did my self care a day early...made some granola so I have something easy and yummy to grab other than the candy that will be rolling in tomorrow. Also made some rice Krispy treats because there clearly wont be enough sugar around the house this weekend.

I like Hocus Pocus and have watched it twice this year. Not a Halloween movie, but I watched Practical Magic last night which I love. It is so full of feminine energy and, well, magic. I’m generally not much for scary movies, but I remember like The Others and am going to see if I can find it on demand.

I had a surprisingly good dentist appointment and found out that the reason I have tooth sensitivity is because I floss too much. Here I thought I was doing a good thing…

Tomorrow I am getting my Moderna booster shot. I didn’t realize that I qualified, until I read a news article that basically said that more people qualify than we think. I am not looking forward to the side effects, but I need to get it done.
My brother and sister-in-law got theirs last week (Moderna) and just had moderately sore arms-hope you have a similar experience!

Self-care for me today is going to PT and my Niece's to do our natural dyeing. I've got everything together and even pre-stitched some of my pieces of fabric so that I'll have some interesting patterns to work with. Crafting with others is another thing I haven't done for a very long time, like the workshop last weekend, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Oops... did it a gain.

Sunday Self-care

View attachment 618059
I am very happy to report that other than some aches and pains, my booster side effects are minimal. I have no fever, and I got a good night’s sleep.

Today will just be resting, laundry, driving DD to and from work since people are rather wild around here on Halloween. She had a guy approach her and bang on her car at a red light the other day. This way, she will feel safer.

Tonite, we are keeping the lights off (not giving out candy due to the pandemic) and watching Halloween movies.
4665A643-D65B-4EE0-8439-97F7B14DF2ED.jpeg2F4796E4-48A9-4E58-BD34-BF7CB953CD49.jpeg

I've discovered the weight loss secret! Get your pfizer booster. You'll lose 2.8 pounds in one day!! :rotfl2:
I weighed on Saturday as usual then for a lark got on the scale today. I got my booster Friday and side effects were worse this time than the second shot. Ugh. But I feel I am pretty much in the land of the living today. Was laughing when I collapsed into bed last night because I walked a total of 196 steps.

My self care for today will be a little stretching because I am still achy and some housework because if I have to look at that grungy bathroom sink anymore I'll scream!

We have no Halloween candy here because I was eating it! I took it to work, and we'll leave our porch light off. We never get that many kiddos anyway.

Looking forward to November!

Everyone has gone home, so it’s pretty quiet around here today. Will do some yard clean up and then go for a walk. It’s a beautiful fall day!
Going to experiment with the air fryer feature on our stove and make chicken wings for the football games.

Can’t believe it’s November tomorrow! Thank you for getting us started, Oneanne! And would love to see pictures of your fabrics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter