Fall is in the Air - October 2021 W.I.S.H. Challenge

What are you going to pack away? - Mindless eating. Letting frustrating student behaviors affect my mood.
What are you going to unpack and bring out? - More time reading books for pleasure. More art and fun with my students.
What are you going to carry forward? - No dessert Monday-Thursday. Becoming a better teacher, and my best self overall.

What am I going to pack away? In a physical sense, my summer clothes and shoes. I put it off longer and longer every year, but I will feel better switching my closet out and it will prevent me from buying items I already have! Mentally, I need to stop snacking. Stop buying trigger foods will help.

What will I unpack or bring out? Recipes for healthy soup and other comfort foods that my family enjoys.

What will I carry forward? Walking every day while the weather permits-it’s so good for my mental health!

Packing away - summer clothes/shoes, birthday treats, beginning of school stress

Unpack - sweaters, boots, coats, soup recipes, school routines, Thanksgiving school books & activities and personal reading time

Carry forward - no snacking after dinner, morning exercise, devotional and prayer routine, meal prep on weekends

Woohoo - my weight is back down to the beginning of October weight. Not meeting my goal, but glad I’m not ending in a gain!

Woohoo - my term as president of the field hockey booster club is ending next week. Banquet tomorrow is causing me lots of stress, but it will be over tomorrow!!!

Woohoo, it's Wednesday/Thursday. Since I'm taking Friday off the work week is almost over. Things have calmed down some, mostly because I decided all we can do is wait for people to get synced up and all on the same page.

Woohoo... very pleased with the results of having the filler put in. It did end up being 1/2 vial, but in the regular strength which will only last about 6 months. It's a small change but looking less crabby is all I was looking for and I think that was achieved.

Woohoo... it is still breezy outside but the worst of our stormy weather has passed. Hope everyone currently facing bad weather is doing OK.

Woohoo... I got my fabric ready for dyeing Sunday. Decided to use soy milk as the mordant, which means it had to soak for 24 hours and has to cure for a week, which I'm a bit short on, but based on what I'm going to do with the fabric I think it will be ok.

Last edited:
I am digging deep for my Woo Hoo. It's been one h*ll of a day.

WOO HOO...I have a stellar reputation as an educator, so when a parent comes for me, my Principal and colleagues rally around me.

WOO HOO...I have a lovely education major from my alma mater doing a field study of my classroom, so that when it hits the fan, I have a witness from the real world whose face looks as mortified as I feel.

WOO HOO...I am preparing this future educator for the challenges and obstacles of the classroom, something my idealistic younger self had no idea about until my first year of teaching.

My left hip has really been bothering me, to the point where yesterday I had to make an unplanned trip to the chiropractor to get it worked on. I am thankful to have easy access to such care, and that it has made a difference.

We are smack dab in the middle of an 'atmospheric river' (aka fire hose) today and tomorrow, with a lot of rain in the area, then the weekend is predicted to be quite nice. I'm planning on getting to PT early enough for a beach walk before heading to my Niece's, so thankful for some nice weather.

And I am thankful to have tomorrow off, for a nice long weekend.

Last edited:
Very thankful the storm mostly passed us by-some rain and wind expected tomorrow but nothing like northeast of us.

Thankful to get together with my sister, her husband, my husband’s brother and his wife this week. Some great meals, lots of laughing and catching up with each other.

I am thankful that we didn’t have any damage from the storm and no serious issues driving through it.

I am feeling a little blue. One of my favorite students is moving an hour away, and his parents didn’t have the courtesy to mention one word. I found out from my secretary after his new school requested records. :(

Thankful the storm damage in my neighborhood was minimal and all our friends and family in the state had little more than yard clean up and fence damage. One friend will be without power until the weekend due to a downed tree in her neighborhood but that was the worst of those I know personally. Very lucky all around the storm was not worse.

Thankful my parents are very close to be considered "recovered" from covid. The combination of vaccines (they were breakthrough cases) and anti-body treatments are a game changer per the nurses at their nursing home. Last year their outcomes would likely have been very different. Another couple days of being asymptomatic and it will be official.

Thankful we are able to use the lower church for cub scouts this year now that the temps are dropping. Tonight would have been quite cold outside. Is it me or did those of us in the northeast go from summer to winter? There has been like no fall. Had to put my heat on this afternoon! Thankful to have heat to turn on!

I'm wrapping up the week by getting the post out on time - wup wup! I also took myself out to a fan-cee dinner tonight: Filet Mignon ala Oscar with Asparagus and Carrots. It was really good and really hit the spot. I just re-arranged the bedroom and will clean up in the kitchen, then I'll find a movie or something else to watch, I just want to stay up late. Because I can.

Nothing really planned for tomorrow other than running down to Joann's to pick up a few last things for our dyeing adventure. Saturday, if the weather turns out as nice as they are saying, I'll get out for a walk and will then do some shibori style stitching with some of my pieces of fabric. At some point I am also going to do more to get the office finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter