Fall Festival Ideas?

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
This is the first year that our school is having a fall festival. My friend and I are going to rent a table to hopefully make some money. We are going to do the nailpolish like someone suggested before. We are also going to sell the glow bracelets that we have left. Also, we have tattoos and face painting. We were also thinking of having the "guess how much the pumpkin weighs" contest. Can anyone else think of any other ideas to make some money? I would love to make enough to purchase a Disney ticket or two.

:goodvibes

Our Wal Mart sells pre-bagged popcorn that is popped at the snack counter and made fresh daily. It is only $1 for a very large bag...and it's delicious!

You could easily re-bag it into smaller quantities, and also tie the baggie closed w/festive ribbon. This would take a minimal amount of time, and you could sell it in addition to your other crafts without any additional work that evening.

Just a thought.

Thank you for your idea. It definitely is a good one, but they won't let us sell popcorn, because they sell it. I know they usually sell it at the Holiday Fair so they probably will sell it now. If not, I love your idea and will definitely use it. Thank you.

if there are just going to be 2 of you think twice on the face painting-it can be time consuming and exhausting (plus only 1 of you can do it while the other mans the booth). the tatoos take much less time. remember-the less time it takes, the greater number of customers you can serve=more $$$$ :)

if it's at night the glow stuff will def. sell-i saw some cool necklaces on oriental trading company that have batteries and flash lights in a pattern (as a parent i tend to pay more for these becuase at least they last more than one night).

kids love grab bags-get some halloween size candy and some small toys (like the bulk bags you can get for a pinata) put them in small lunch sacks (you can stamp a pumpkin on it for a decoration).

if you have access to electricity-sell coffee (moms and dads appreciate this on a cool evening), you can also do hot chocolate and spiced cider (both come in envelopes so there is no waste). i also like unusual desserts-a friend made a killing at a bake sale by getting the tiny cupcake wrappers, putting a vanilla wafer at the bottom and filling them with jello no bake cheese cake mix. she then put a cherry on each (canned cherry pie filling). they sold like mad and cost her next to nothing to make.

I was in charge of National Night Out for our community. We had some people doing hair for the kids. They just had the colored spray and glitter and the kids loved it. Goes great with the face painting.

lynnth - they didn't do anything special to their hair? They just painted it with the colored hair spray? Sounds easy. Do you know how much they charged for this?

The other thing we were thinking of doing is selling silly string. I saw a store that had it on clearance for only $1.00/can.

Thank you everyone for your ideas. You have been very helpful. Always trying to think of a way to get me that much closer to Disney.

We didn't charge anything (our church sponsored National Night Out so everything was free to the community) But, I would think you charge about the same as you would for face painting. I was just at our MN State Fair and they have a huge booth that does this - but they tease the kids hair up or put them in pony tails and tease and then they spray with whatever color or colors the kids want and then use sparkles. Kids just love it. Of course their they can get away with charging about $10 - $15. We didn't get that elaborate. We just sprayed differerent colors in the kids hair and they loved it. Maybe charge $2-$3 per kid????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter