Fall 2017 Dapper Day

whoever

DIS Veteran
Who's going? Anybody up for a meet up?

We will be there the 2nd and leaving late on the 6th.

Here's a preview of some of the outfits as they are coming together..

Some of the vintage fabric Amy's working into her outfit..

IMG_5139%20(Large).jpg

And a few of my accessories..

IMG_5148%20(Large).jpg

IMG_5152%20(Large).jpg

Katherine's is just starting to get pieced together, so no sneak peeks just yet...

We will be there from the 1st to the 5th. We (my db) and I are flying home on DD mid afternoon, but your wonderful outfits are making me reconsider. Do you have a sense of how late DL will be open on Sunday for DD?

We'll be there, too! The weather right now (109*!!) is making it too hard to decide on wearing clothes at all, much less choosing which dapper outfits to put together! LOL. Love the vintage fabrics!

I have to ask, where do you get all the gorgeous vintage fabric from? I think from your last TR, the Dapper dress was made from vintage fabric as well! Ties so perfectly into Dapper Day!

We'll be there, too! The weather right now (109*!!) is making it too hard to decide on wearing clothes at all, much less choosing which dapper outfits to put together! LOL. Love the vintage fabrics!

Well that would be one interesting time at Disneyland! lol ;)

I have to ask, where do you get all the gorgeous vintage fabric from? I think from your last TR, the Dapper dress was made from vintage fabric as well! Ties so perfectly into Dapper Day!

Online. It's crazy what Amy ends up paying for a yard of 1950s or 1960s uncut Disney copyrighted fabric, but the outfits turn out pretty good. Even the modern Disney fabrics/re-purposed (like those Grand Shower curtains or DLH bedspreads) turn out pretty good.

My wife , kids,and a couple of their children will be there 11/2-11/7. Unfortunately finished traveling due to my health.
Everyone has a great ttime

Jack

All very pretty Matt, that era has always been been favorite. Hope thins go well What the room number this time around.

Happy trails ,,
jack

All very pretty Matt, that era has always been been favorite. Hope thins go well What the room number this time around.

Happy trails ,,
jack

We are at the DLH this time around Jack. We've only ever stayed there once and had the literal best non-themed-suite room in the place (right next to the E-ticket lounge). I HOPE we can get some pixie dust this time around, but I'm not holding my breath. Certainly wouldn't mind any room facing into the pool area.

We are at the DLH this time around Jack. We've only ever stayed there once and had the literal best non-themed-suite room in the place (right next to the E-ticket lounge). I HOPE we can get some pixie dust this time around, but I'm not holding my breath. Certainly wouldn't mind any room facing into the pool area.
They have said they will be at the GCH will work better in there Grand plan. Hope all we be happy with there planned trip

Jack

I'm going, and I'm super excited--some friends and I did it in February 2015, and it was a blast. We're staying at the DLH Friday-Monday. I've got this gorgeous 1940s blue dress that I'm turning into Peggy Carter from the Avengers. Well, Peggy/female!Captain America, at any rate. I'll probably dress up Saturday, too; I saw plenty of people doing it last time and it looks like a great way to extend the fun. We're counting the days.

Hello! We will be in the parks from October 31 to Friday November 3. My older girls would like to dress for Dapper Days on Friday. Are people dressing up for the parks that early?

Yes! I just booked DLR. This has been on my Disney Bucket List.

I keep reading "Its going to be crowded!" Can someone give me a comparison?
We were there in May during Grad Nites. Will it be more crowded than those days?
If yes, at least it will be cooler.

TIA

Last edited:
A few sneak peeks...

My theme should be pretty easy to guess... we are doing attraction bounding again...

IMG_6161%20(Large).jpg

Amy's should be pretty easy to figure out too. This is the LAST of her vintage fabric stash. Need to source some more.

IMG_6162%20(Large).jpg

IMG_6163%20(Large).jpg

IMG_6164%20(Large).jpg

And Katherine's in progress (also easy to figure out). A LOT of sewing left to do... very little time.

IMG_6165%20(Large).jpg

So it looks like we are going to be Dapper the morning of Dapper Day. We are going to stroll over to the Cabana by 11-11:30ish, so a meet up either at the Castle for pics, or in the Lobby of the Grand on our way back to the DLH would be great. Anybody down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter