Fall 07?????

mwhope

Earning My Ears
I realize this is still quite some time from now, but I was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing the CP for the fall of 2007?

I am! I was planning on going down this Fall, but it didn't work out with my school. So now I am going for fall advantage 2007 hopefully, right after I graduate in May. :cloud9:

Any preference on a role for you?

I am going to apply for operations, and transportation. I will be graduating next spring as well. I am wanting a career with the company so I figured doing the CP right after graduating would allow me to just stay down there after the program is over. What about you?

mwhope said:
I am going to apply for operations, and transportation. I will be graduating next spring as well. I am wanting a career with the company so I figured doing the CP right after graduating would allow me to just stay down there after the program is over. What about you?

That's what I am planning on doing as well. :D I am hoping for a role in recreation (for the children's programs) or maybe hospitality. When I was accepted for this fall, when I couldn't go, I got operations, which was my third choice.

mwhope said:

Yeah, I am in the same boat as you (wanting a career at Disney) except I'm going really out there and planning on transferring to UCF (Uni. of Central Florida in Orlando) this Spring just so I can be down there. Hehe, I know thats crazy but gotta go for your dreams right? I figure I should do at least 2 semesters there before I go off to CP but I figure actually living down there will open up a lot more opportunities for me.

What type of career would you like at Disney?

UCF is a great school, that is where I plan on eventually getting my bachelors. I go to FSU and live in the Florida panhandle right now so it will not be a big move for me. I would like to get an operartions management type role. Although to start off I will pretty much take what I can get and work my way through from there.

Just a suggestion but if you are going to be down there for school, maybe consider picking up a part-time job with them. That way you already get a feel for the company and how things are ran.

Oh yeah definitely, I'll be looking into that. I'm willing to start anywhere also, as much as I love Disney I know starting out working for them won't be Magic Kingdom lala land :lmao:. Ideally though when I gain experience and get my degree I would love be an Event Coordinator for one of the parks planning seasonal attractions/parades stuff of that sort.

Yeah, I do. I will send a private message through here with my name so you can look it up on facebook.

Just wanted to wish everyone thinking about doing the CP good luck (even though it isn't for awhile. :teeth: ). It is a great program.

I'll be down in the spring, but I'm planning to be there in the fall and beyond. Good luck to all of you...maybe I'll see you around :)

Yeah, I do have a facebook. I will also PM you with my info. :)

Thanks SweaterInJune! You found out already that you were accepted?! When did you interview? I didn't think theys starting recruiting until the beginning of September for spring. Did you do the e-presentation?

I am considering it...I'm an elementary education major so my program is 4 1/2 years, so I'd be student teaching next fall. But I'd love to do the WDWCP rather than graduate midyear (I know I could do it after I graduate, but I'd much rather do the CP in the fall for some reason!). So we will see!! The program sounds like so much fun!

wdwgirl03 said:
I am considering it...I'm an elementary education major so my program is 4 1/2 years, so I'd be student teaching next fall. But I'd love to do the WDWCP rather than graduate midyear (I know I could do it after I graduate, but I'd much rather do the CP in the fall for some reason!). So we will see!! The program sounds like so much fun!

I always wanted to do the fall program. I think it would be so much fun to be down at Disney World for the holidays. :D

Will your school let you do the program?

I was accepted a few weeks ago. I got a call from my recruiter. I did do the E-Presentation because I had already been accepted for Spring '03, but I couldn't go. Anyhow, I felt I had a good handle on what the CP was so I just did the E-Pres and phone interview. It was great and easy... :)

Feigned said:
I always wanted to do the fall program. I think it would be so much fun to be down at Disney World for the holidays. :D

Will your school let you do the program?

Exactly, that's why I think the fall would be so much better!

I don't see why they wouldn't let me do it...I've mentioned it to my advisor several times now, and she said it sounds like a lot of fun and I could do it after student teaching. I just don't know if it would be easier doing it after I student teach so I wouldn't have to worry about going back to school.

SweaterInJune--congrats on being accepted, you must be so excited!

I am, thanks! I look at this as a first step in the line of one of the 2 careers I've always wanted, so it's a very good thing... :)

That's awesome! I did the E-Presentation for when I interviewed for Fall 06, because I had already gone to a live presentation previously. I didn't find out until I got my packet though. Are they making a habit of calling people now? How long did it take you to find out?

wdwgirl03, that's good. I thought I could do the program, but then my school changed its mind and I was told that I esentially had to take a leave from the school and then apply to be readmitted. I decided then that it was just easier to do it after I graduated. Plus, I wasn't going to get any credit.

I definitely have my sights set on Fall Advantage '07. By sheer dumb luck, I was able to work it into my six-year plan! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter