Fabulous 50TH Festivities With Friends and Family 3/30/2022 It's a Wrap and Will I Be Back????

Travel day went about as smooth as smooth could go. There was no traffic getting to Midway/Chicago. We found a great parking spot in the garage right away. The bus was waiting for us AND the bus driver helped us with our bags (which is unheard of at this particular airport). Check-in was a breeze. Going through TSA security was amazing. Why didn't we sign up to do this sooner??? Our flight was on time AND we landed early. On top of all that, the flight was smooth, with zero turbulence, just the way I like it. 😁
Nothing better than a perfect travel day!
Oh, I do want to want to make a quick note. Right before this trip, Joe and I were lucky enough to collect all 50 of the McDonald's 50th Happy Meal Toys, and we felt one should come along with us on this very special trip. So, you may see that lucky duck in a picture or two or three...
Haha! I love Donald making a special appearance!

Wow, that was a really great travel day, plus Boathouse. Needless to say, you deserved it after all the horrible travel days you had. :)
Isn't that the truth, lol.

I'm really glad that you opened all the McDonalds toys. They are very cute and there is no way I could pick a favorite. I can understand why they didn't include Orange bird, because is more of a Florida thing, but not to include Figment is a little odd.
I'm happy we opened them too. They are so cute.

Sounds like the 50th stars were aligning for a great trip for you all. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for a convertible upgrade for December. I may know a certain tiny human who is obsessed :D
We were literally walking up to it and this guy came out of nowhere and took it. It would have been so much fun!

Nothing better than a perfect travel day!
It's about time, lol. We've had so many bad ones this past year.

Haha! I love Donald making a special appearance!
We thought it would be fun to include him.

Couldn't believe I scored a last-minute lunch reservation for me and Joe at Boathouse, literally booked it as we were driving from MCO to Disney Springs. We were starving at this point and couldn't wait to eat. But first, cocktails. I started with the Strawberry Gin Fizz, Hendrick's Gin, strawberries, mint, lime juice, and soda water. This was very cold and refreshing and a great way to start off vacation. I can't remember what Joe ordered but it was Bourbon-based and he really liked it.

For our entrees, I had the Hand Breaded Coconut Shrimp, grilled pineapple salsa, and orange chili sauce. This was excellent and I practically licked my plate clean. Joe had the Chopped Salad and he enjoyed this too.

Bellies full, we both felt the need for an iced coffee. Our drinks were REALLY strong and we needed something to sober us up a bit, so we headed to Joffrey's and shared the Shakin' Jamaican. This is always just so good and it hit the spot.

We walked around for a bit, did some shopping, and then decided it was time to check out our room at All-Star Movies. We received our room-ready notification as soon as we landed and were excited to check out our home for the next 2 nights. Plus, Tim was working and we were hoping to track him down...

Next up, do we find Tim??? How is our room? Where do we go for dinner? Do we meet up with anyone else????

Couldn't believe I scored a last-minute lunch reservation for me and Joe at Boathouse, literally booked it as we were driving from MCO to Disney Springs. We were starving at this point and couldn't wait to eat. But first, cocktails. I started with the Strawberry Gin Fizz, Hendrick's Gin, strawberries, mint, lime juice, and soda water. This was very cold and refreshing and a great way to start off vacation. I can't remember what Joe ordered but it was Bourbon-based and he really liked it.
That drink sounds delicious!
Bellies full, we both felt the need for an iced coffee. Our drinks were REALLY strong and we needed something to sober us up a bit, so we headed to Joffrey's and shared the Shakin' Jamaican. This is always just so good and it hit the spot.
Mmmmm! Need to try that in March. I can't wait to be at Saratoga and be able to walk over to Disney Springs for all the awesome restaurants!
We walked around for a bit, did some shopping, and then decided it was time to check out our room at All-Star Movies. We received our room-ready notification as soon as we landed and were excited to check out our home for the next 2 nights. Plus, Tim was working and we were hoping to track him down...
I already saw the video so I know how clean and adorable your room was!

That’s interesting about the rules regarding the music from a restaurant like Boathouse. Who would have guessed that it’s a violation to record it and play it in a video. But it makes sense. :)

Ooh that salad Joe had looks really good! We do like Boathouse but haven't been since last Thanksgiving; should probably go back soon!

That’s interesting about the rules regarding the music from a restaurant like Boathouse. Who would have guessed that it’s a violation to record it and play it in a video. But it makes sense. :)
Yes. We have to be very careful with background music.

Ooh that salad Joe had looks really good! We do like Boathouse but haven't been since last Thanksgiving; should probably go back soon!
We have had really good food here and the drinks are nice and strong, lol.

The "silly" selfie is cracking me up - great pics! I went to the Boathouse for the first time in April, it was so so good. Awesome that you got a last minute reservation!

Excited for the boathouse in November, hearing great reviews :)
We have dined there a couple of times now and have had great food and service each time. Hope you love it!

Great start to you trip 😊
Oh yes, it was, lol!

The "silly" selfie is cracking me up - great pics! I went to the Boathouse for the first time in April, it was so so good. Awesome that you got a last minute reservation!
Thank you, lol! I was thrilled with the last minute ressie and it turned out to be a great choice!!!

I only got the chance to view your vlog this morning and I am laughing so hard! Love the debate of whether your Irish enough and yup we know how to start a holiday properly (in the airport pub). Well done Jen on being dry for 6 weeks (time only felt longer because there was no drink :rotfl2: ) and it wasn't even Lent:rotfl:
I am getting caught up this morning on all the vlogs I've not had time to view and gotta say you guys are on a roll! Woody's Lunchbox was so good too. Away now to watch more :goodvibes

We usually take the first flight out of Midway but today we decided to take the 7am flight instead, and it worked out great. There really wasn't any difference in crowds. It was nice to have one more hour of sleep, too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!