Fabulous 50TH Festivities With Friends and Family 3/30/2022 It's a Wrap and Will I Be Back????

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
Happy Birthday Walt Disney World and Welcome to My Latest Trip Report! This trip was a LONG time in the making, full of a ton of changes (from resorts to dining and everything in between), and spent with family and friends. It also involved renewing our AP's and meeting a lot of you!!!!

I'm Jen, one half of Jen and Joe on the Go (our Disney YouTube channel) and I was so incredibly happy to be part of the biggest celebration on earth (ok, at least in the state of Florida). My better half is Joe and I'm blessed each and every day that he loves Disney as much as I do and supports my obsessive habit of booking trip after trip after trip...Thank goodness I have an awesome TA who does all of the work for me!!!

What were the details of this trip...

WHEN: September 27 to October 4

WHERE: Split Stay/2 Nights at All-Star Movies and 5 Nights at my favorite resort on property, the Wilderness Lodge

WHY: The 50th Anniversary Celebration, of course.

So, pour yourself an extra big glass of wine, grab a cold beer or a shot or 2 of Jameson and sit back and enjoy the show!!!! I'm so happy to have you along.:donald:

Next up, travel day!!! We also had a very special friend join us on our travels...

Last edited:
Darn it Susan beat me. And here I thought I could be first to something for once. But at least I'm not weeks late so bonus all around! And what do ya know I just poured myself a glass of wine so bring on more.

Here and first! Bring on the fun! :)

:welcome:

Thank you for joining in Susan!

Darn it Susan beat me. And here I thought I could be first to something for once. But at least I'm not weeks late so bonus all around! And what do ya know I just poured myself a glass of wine so bring on more.

There was a lot of drinking going on and I was totally hung on the 50th, lol.

Following along

So happy you're here!!!

hey there! Here to read all the shenanigans you got into, and admire all the alcoholic beverages you surely consumed! Looove those 50th ears!

Hi Kara!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. It was nice to meet you, even if it was very briefly. :)

It was so nice meeting you too! Isn't the WL gorgeous!

Travel day went about as smooth as smooth could go. There was no traffic getting to Midway/Chicago. We found a great parking spot in the garage right away. The bus was waiting for us AND the bus driver helped us with our bags (which is unheard of at this particular airport). Check-in was a breeze. Going through TSA security was amazing. Why didn't we sign up to do this sooner??? Our flight was on time AND we landed early. On top of all that, the flight was smooth, with zero turbulence, just the way I like it. 😁

When we got off the plane, our luggage came right away. Our bags were actually next to each other, which is something else that never happens. Usually, one bag comes out and we stand and wait 20 minutes for the next one.

We were upgraded to National's Executive Level because we have traveled so much this past year, which meant a much nicer car. This time, we chose a Toyota Camry. But we have seen Caddies, Convertible Mustangs, and Ford Explorers in this area. Maybe in December...

I also scored a last-minute lunch reservation at Boathouse for about 45 minutes after we hit the road!!! Joe and I were really excited about this because we really like this restaurant and hadn't been there in a bit.

We parked in the Orange Garage, met up with our friends, the Flack Family to say a quick hello, and checked in for our ressie.

Oh, I do want to want to make a quick note. Right before this trip, Joe and I were lucky enough to collect all 50 of the McDonald's 50th Happy Meal Toys, and we felt one should come along with us on this very special trip. So, you may see that lucky duck in a picture or two or three...

Next up, we eat, drink and stop for a little pick me up...

Our flight was on time AND we landed early. On top of all that, the flight was smooth, with zero turbulence, just the way I like it. 😁

When we got off the plane, our luggage came right away. Our bags were actually next to each other, which is something else that never happens.
Wow, that was a really great travel day, plus Boathouse. Needless to say, you deserved it after all the horrible travel days you had. :)
ight before this trip, Joe and I were lucky enough to collect all 50 of the McDonald's 50th Happy Meal Toys, and we felt one should come along with us on this very special trip. So, you may see that lucky duck in a picture or two or three...
I love that you are putting Donald in your pictures. It is really fun to see what Donald is looking at. :)

I'm really glad that you opened all the McDonalds toys. They are very cute and there is no way I could pick a favorite. I can understand why they didn't include Orange bird, because is more of a Florida thing, but not to include Figment is a little odd.

Sounds like the 50th stars were aligning for a great trip for you all. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for a convertible upgrade for December. I may know a certain tiny human who is obsessed :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!