F&W pics....&....TS Restaurant Reviews

goofyintoronto

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! :wave2:

I just returned from a trip to Disney...Oct.12-17th. I'll post pics of both F&W and TS restaurants...but first, F&W.....
:hyper:

FARM FRESH: Loaded Mac & Cheese
REVIEW: Way too many green onions. Had to scoop some off. This wasn’t bad.

upload_2016-10-19_10-33-30.jpeg

MEXICO: Chocolate custard
REVIEW: This dessert was to die for! So good! So smooth! So chocolately!

upload_2016-10-19_10-33-40.jpeg upload_2016-10-19_10-34-23.jpeg

POLAND: Kielbasa & Pierogi
REVIEW: This was one of my fave dishes. Loved the pierogi, nice crisp on the outside but soft on the inside. Good flavor in combination with the caramelized onions. The sausages were incredible. I loved this dish!

upload_2016-10-19_10-35-2.jpeg

FRANCE: Boeuf Bourguignon
REVIEW: This dish is always a winner in my book. Very tender and tasty. Mashed potatoes were mediocre though.

upload_2016-10-19_10-35-20.jpeg

Grey Goose, Cranberry, & Passion Fruit:
REVIEW: Soooo fruity, so refreshing…heaven!
upload_2016-10-19_10-39-16.jpeg

ISLANDS OF THE CARIBBEAN: Frozen Mojito
REVIEW: Ridiculously delicious. I could drink a whole pitcher!

upload_2016-10-19_10-40-15.jpeg

BELGIUM: waffle with berries & whip cream
REVIEW: Hands down one of the best waffles I’ve ever had. Slight crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. OMG!

upload_2016-10-19_10-40-34.jpeg

CHOCOLATE: Liquid Nitro - Choc almond truffle
REVIEW: seriously, my mind was blown with this one. It doesn’t look like much, but WOW! Incredible!

upload_2016-10-19_10-41-2.jpeg

Last edited:
HAWAII: Pork slider
REVIEW: My review for this one is a bit mixed. The pork and pineapplely thing on top was very flavorful. The sweetness of the pineapple salsa was a nice contrast to the pork. This would’ve been way tastier if the bun had been fresh. Sadly, it was not.

upload_2016-10-19_14-57-25.png

THE CHEW COLLECTIVE: Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle
REVIEW: This is really good. I have nothing bad to say about it. The white chocolate, the peanut butter, the crunch….all so very very good.
upload_2016-10-19_15-4-31.png

GREECE: Spanakopita
REVIEW: This was quite tasty…although I have to admit the one I tried last year was a bit more fresh. This batch seemed as though it sat under the heat lamp a smidge too long. I guess its tough to keep things fresh at F&W, and I know the staff do their very best. Still, a very tasty solid choice. I highly recommend!
upload_2016-10-19_14-57-36.png

Chicken Gyros
REVIEW: This was good. It tasted more like a chicken souvlaki on a pita to be honest. Really good though! Chicken wasn’t dried out and had great flavor. Loved the flavour of the tziziki.

upload_2016-10-19_14-57-43.png

CANADA: Cheddar cheese beer soup
REVIEW: This was horrible. It’s been a few years since I’ve tried this, yuck. I took two sips and threw it away. I love bacon, but I’m not sure I enjoy bacon flavor in foods…just realized that recently. This had a strong bacon flavor to it. Not a fan at all. I’m sure I’m in the minority here.
upload_2016-10-19_14-57-50.png

Mushroom Filet mignon
REVIEW: This was very tasty, as always. The filet was tender and flavorful.
upload_2016-10-19_14-57-57.png

ITALY: Pennete all Parmigiana
REVIEW: This was really tasty. Better than I thought it would be. The piece of chicken on top was a lot bigger than I expected. The marinara sauce was really good, and the pasta was cooked perfectly. Definitely worth the money.
upload_2016-10-19_14-58-3.png

Gelato
Review: Loved the gelato, both the strawberry and chocolate chip was tasted very fresh and smooth. Two thumbs up!
upload_2016-10-19_14-58-9.png

ICE CREAM IN FRANCE!
Not part of F&W but I threw this in there anyway. L’Artisan Des Glaces (Ice cream shop in France):
Candied Peanuts with Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
REVIEW: I love peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate…but I did not enjoy this at all. Not sure why, I just didn’t like the combination of flavors. It was rather disappointing. I also tried the Caramel Fleur de Sel, meh, not my fave, but certainly not bad. My absolute fave is the the Coconut White Chocolate. Very good. Love the bits of coconut.

upload_2016-10-19_14-58-16.png

Last edited:

It's been years since we've done F&W so I love the reviews! Coconut White Chocolate is also my favorite flavor (so far) at L'Artisan Des Glaces :thumbsup2

Following! Love the reviews! We will be driving to WDW from Canada (south of Toronto) and will catch the end of F&W. I love seeing such great pictures of the food and reading all your reviews!:)

It's been years since we've done F&W so I love the reviews! Coconut White Chocolate is also my favorite flavor (so far) at L'Artisan Des Glaces :thumbsup2
My fave use to be lemon meringue ...but sadly they got rid of it for some reason. It was so good. Im sad its gone. :sad:

Following! Love the reviews! We will be driving to WDW from Canada (south of Toronto) and will catch the end of F&W. I love seeing such great pictures of the food and reading all your reviews!:)
Hello fellow Torontonian :wave2:. F&W is awesome. So many goodies to eat and drink. Have a great time!

RESTAURANT REVIEWS - PART 1

ARTIST POINT - DINNER

I ordered the filet mignon steak of course. OH MY GOODNESS, this was THE BEST steak I’ve honestly ever had in wdw! Cooked to perfection, so tender. You gotta try it! The veggies and potatoes were cooked and seasoned perfectly as well.

upload_2016-10-20_12-57-29.pngupload_2016-10-20_12-57-51.png

Chocolate Cremeux – This was fabulous. I cant say enough good things about it. There’s an art to eating this. Apparently you're suppose to swirl the meringue, kumquats, and the berry swirl around, then take a bite with the chocolate cremeux. This dessert was absolutely amazing. The green chocolate dome was phenomenal, chocolately, and so smooth.
upload_2016-10-20_12-58-29.png

Cobbler with seasonal berries, and black raspberry ice cream – The cobbler itself is so good, fresh, and moist. The black raspberry ice cream gives it a nice pop, acidic component to the actual cobbler portion. Great combination.
upload_2016-10-20_12-58-46.png

GASTONS TAVERN - Chocolate Croissant.

Seriously guys, I know the cinnamon roll is the most popular here BUT let me tell you, you’ll just die when you try this chocolate croissant. Its out of this world. Flaky, chocolatey, wow!
upload_2016-10-20_12-59-15.png

LIBERTY TREE - LUNCH – Pot Roast – This was one of the best I’ve ever tried. Tender flavourful meat, veggies weren’t mushy at all, and the gravy was on point. So good.
upload_2016-10-20_12-59-46.png

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake – This is ridiculously good. I could really eat a dozen of these. Ok, maybe not that many, but it would certainly be fun to try!
upload_2016-10-20_13-0-2.png

CRT – Dinner

Charcuterie and cheese plate for two. Last year they gave you options of ordering either a salad or cheese plate. This year, it’s a charcuterie/cheese plate. No other options. I pretty much enjoyed everything on the plate except for the smoked salmon. I don’t like smoked salmon at all, so I didn’t touch it.
upload_2016-10-20_13-0-54.png

Grilled Beef Tenderloin with mashed potatoes and veggies. This normally comes with shrimp, but since I don’t eat shrimp, they gave me extra beef. Everything was quite tasty. Honestly, not as tasty as last year’s dinner…but still tasty. The gravy on the steak kinda threw me off, but it was good. I’d definitely come back.
upload_2016-10-20_13-1-14.png

Gus and Jaq's Favorites - White Chocolate-Jasmine Tea Mousse, Lemon and Lime Curd with Honey-Oat Crisp. This was delicious! The honey oat crisp gave the dessert a nice texture component. But my fave part was the lemon curd.
upload_2016-10-20_13-1-30.png

More coming up shortly!.....

RESTAURANT REVIEWS PART 2

VIA NAPOLI - LUNCH

Quattro Fromaggi Pizza
This is a must-do for me every trip. I usually order the candele pasta...my absolute fave dish....but sometimes i'll have a craving for pizza so i'll order this one. This is THE BEST pizza i've ever had, for real. If I had a pizza joint near me that made pizza this good, i'd be in HEAVEN!

upload_2016-10-20_13-24-41.png

Blood orange drink - Citrus lovers, this is so refreshing. Definitely worth the $6! (no refills though!)
upload_2016-10-20_13-24-45.png

LIBERTY TREE - DINNER

Started off with a salad, strawberry dressing. This was quite good, even though the salad was a bit soggy. Whats missing from this pic are the heavenly flaky dinner rolls with honey butter. YUM!!
upload_2016-10-20_13-24-51.png

Mac n’ Cheese, mashed pototoes, green beans, ham, turkey, stuffing, pot roast…everything was amazing. Whats not to love?
upload_2016-10-20_13-24-59.png
upload_2016-10-20_13-25-5.png

The Johnny’s Appleseed tart with icecream was quite good, but I prefer the apple cobbler that they use to serve.
upload_2016-10-20_13-25-12.png

GARDEN GRILL - BREAKFAST

Love the breakfast here. Everything was fresh and tasted incredible. Those cinnamon buns, wow! Soft and moist! The characters were beyond adorable. Chip & Dale are my fave. I’d definitely coming back for more!
upload_2016-10-20_13-25-20.png

upload_2016-10-20_13-25-28.png

upload_2016-10-20_13-25-42.png

Part 3 down below!

:)

Last edited:
GASTONS TAVERN - Chocolate Croissant.

Seriously guys, I know the cinnamon roll is the most popular here BUT let me tell you, you’ll just die when you try this chocolate croissant. Its out of this world. Flaky, chocolatey, wow!
upload_2016-10-20_12-59-15-png.202196

LIBERTY TREE - LUNCH – Pot Roast – This was one of the best I’ve ever tried. Tender flavourful meat, veggies weren’t mushy at all, and the gravy was on point. So good.
upload_2016-10-20_12-59-46-png.202197

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake – This is ridiculously good. I could really eat a dozen of these. Ok, maybe not that many, but it would certainly be fun to try!
upload_2016-10-20_13-0-2-png.202198
:love: A gigantic HECK YES to all three of these. Yum!!

RESTAURANT REVIEWS - PART 3
This is a short one....I couldnt fit these final meals in the previous post so I had no choice but to add it here.

CALIFORNIA GRILL - DINNER

Cali Grill Roasted tomato flat bread, this was outstanding. I cant say enough wonderful things about it. Quite filling too! I really wanted to try the roast chicken flat bread, but I cant eat spicy food due to heartburn. :( This was a solid choice though as I love tomatoes on flatbread/pizza.

upload_2016-10-20_13-33-8.png

Here's a full size pic just so you can see how big the portion is. As I said, its quite filling!
upload_2016-10-21_9-30-34.png

Heirloom Apple Salad – Sadly, this salad was horrible. One of the worst I’ve ever tried. I did not taste any dressing, there were only a couple of little tiny specks of gouda, a couple of dried cranberries…overall, a huge huge disappointment. Funny, the waiter even recommended this salad as I couldn't decide between the cheese board or this! The waiter was nice enough to take it off my bill though, maybe he felt bad? :) For $16, I’d expect more. Never again!

upload_2016-10-20_13-33-22.png

For dessert my friend ordered the chocolate pudding cake, i tried a bit. This was VERY good, very rich, and yes of course quite sweet. Chocolate lovers, you wont be sorry. This is really good.
upload_2016-10-20_13-38-38.png

COLUMBIA HARBOR HOUSE

Anchor's away sandwich (tuna sandwich with chips!)
This is my fave meal at CHH. Nice and light, bread is fresh, chips are amazing as always. No complaints here!

upload_2016-10-20_13-40-52.png

TIKI TORCH
This is one of my fave drinks...its a slushy drink from Joffrey's Coffee at Epcot, between Mexico and Canada. Frozen passion fruit with grey goose vodka. Soooo refreshing and so easy to forget there's alcohol in this. I cherished every sip!

upload_2016-10-21_9-34-46.png

Last edited:
From Toronto too! :wave: Love your reviews! I especially want to add LTT on my list again (I've been back and forth on it ) I have Artist Point! Was looking forward to it, but your reviews makes me look forward to it even more!

From Toronto too! :wave: Love your reviews! I especially want to add LTT on my list again (I've been back and forth on it ) I have Artist Point! Was looking forward to it, but your reviews makes me look forward to it even more!
You have some great restaurants on your list. I love both LTT (lunch & dinner) and Artist Point! Honestly, AP was the highlight for me. I still dream about that filet mignon! Have a great time! :goodvibes

This is making me excited (and hungry) for our trip next fall for F&W fest! I'm adding the Spanakopita to my list of things to try!
LTT has been on my short list for dinner each trip but I always end up not going because of the family style description. One person described it somewhere as being seated with other families at the same table and that scared me away. Now I'm understanding that it is buffet style dining where they bring platters of food to the table.

What was your experience? Enough food? Privacy? Was the food served warm?

This is making me excited (and hungry) for our trip next fall for F&W fest! I'm adding the Spanakopita to my list of things to try!
LTT has been on my short list for dinner each trip but I always end up not going because of the family style description. One person described it somewhere as being seated with other families at the same table and that scared me away. Now I'm understanding that it is buffet style dining where they bring platters of food to the table.

What was your experience? Enough food? Privacy? Was the food served warm?
You dont share tables at LTT....your probably thinking of Biergarten. You get your own private table at LTT...atmosphere is nice. Food came fresh and hot. No complaints at all. I loved everything. The pot roast was delish, turkey was perfect, so was the ham. Loved the stuffing, and the mac n' cheese....beans had a slight crunch to it. All great! I highly recommend it!! :)

Spanakopita is very good...you wont regret it. So many goodies at F&W. I just love it.

HAWAII: Pork slider
REVIEW: My review for this one is a bit mixed. The pork and pineapplely thing on top was very flavorful. The sweetness of the pineapple salsa was a nice contrast to the pork. This would’ve been way tastier if the bun had been fresh. Sadly, it was not.

View attachment 202026

THE CHEW COLLECTIVE: Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle
REVIEW: This is really good. I have nothing bad to say about it. The white chocolate, the peanut butter, the crunch….all so very very good.
View attachment 202035

GREECE: Spanakopita
REVIEW: This was quite tasty…although I have to admit the one I tried last year was a bit more fresh. This batch seemed as though it sat under the heat lamp a smidge too long. I guess its tough to keep things fresh at F&W, and I know the staff do their very best. Still, a very tasty solid choice. I highly recommend!
View attachment 202027

Chicken Gyros
REVIEW: This was good. It tasted more like a chicken souvlaki on a pita to be honest. Really good though! Chicken wasn’t dried out and had great flavor.

View attachment 202028

CANADA: Cheddar cheese beer soup
REVIEW: This was horrible. It’s been a few years since I’ve tried this, yuck. I took two sips and threw it away. I love bacon, but I’m not sure I enjoy bacon flavor in foods…just realized that recently. This had a strong bacon flavor to it. Not a fan at all. I’m sure I’m in the minority here.
View attachment 202029

I agree...I was anxious to try the soup everyone raves about.....I found it horrible. DS didn't like either but DH did.

Mushroom Filet mignon REVIEW: This was very tasty, as always. The filet was tender and flavorful.
View attachment 202030

ITALY: Pennete all Parmigiana
REVIEW: This was really good. The piece of chicken on top was a lot bigger than I expected. The marinara sauce is very tasty, and the pasta was cooked perfectly. Definitely worth the money.
View attachment 202031

Gelato
Review: Loved the gelato, both the strawberry and chocolate chip tasted very fresh and smooth. Two thumbs up!
View attachment 202032

ICE CREAM IN FRANCE!
Not part of F&W but I threw this in there anyway. L’Artisan Des Glaces (Ice cream shop in France):
Candied Peanuts with Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
REVIEW: I love peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate…but I did not enjoy this at all. Not sure why, I just didn’t like the combination of flavors. It was rather disappointing. I also tried the Caramel Fleur de Sel, meh, not my fave, but certainly not bad. My absolute fave is the the Coconut White Chocolate. Very good. Love the bits of coconut.

View attachment 202033

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter