F&W: FULL is more than a reading on your gas gauge! Girls-Only Trip! Updated 3/2,p.9

Jen, I love your TRs more than anyone else's I've read so far! Can't wait for the next one! I have to live vicariously through TRs until I get back to my happy place! :D

Aw, shucks! Thanks so much! So glad to have you as a reader! :)

Wow - I am SO missing WDW right now!

Just seeing pics from my own TR are making me SO impatient for June's trip!!!! We leave in 96 days. I know it'll be here soon enough, but I'm chompin' at the bit for it to be here now! Just feels like a really long winter, I guess.

Over the weekend, I found some old Disney pics from the 80's and posted them. I started a thread here on the DIS, but the threads fell further down. Also put some up on my blog. Just go to jensop.wordpress.com! (I don't want to get in trouble by posting a link!)

Hi Jen,

I just found your first TR today and spent the bulk of my day reading all three of your TRs. You had me hooked with your self description as my DD15 is wanting to major in music performance and/or education. She takes private voice and piano and is very involved in music (Madrigals/Vocal Jazz/theater) in school. We are also "Disney Dorks" and her perfect dream job would be something that marries Disney and performing. We have been DVC members since 2008 (SSR) but have recently fallen love with AKV. I have been known to choke up for no apparent reason during Spectromagic and Wishes.

I have really enjoyed my day with you and can't wait for your next TR. I have only recently re-discovered the dis board and registered tonight so I could type this message to you. I can't wait for DD to read through your posts - she has a play this weekend and got home late from practice and so I just told her about you and had her listen to a clip of one of the songs from your holiday cd. She was just as impressed as I am. You remind me very much of her voice coach who was an opera major (and is a Disney lover.)

I have lots of comments in my head from all your posts but I will try to limit myself.

We drive 17 hours every year with myself, DH, DD15 and DD10 from IL. It can be done & it will get better. We always drive 10-11 hours first day and then get a good night's sleep so we arrive well rested and ready to go.

I would start your trip at Universal not end it there - keeps the anticipation of Disney coming. My family would not survive leaving to Disney to go there, but we have done the reverse with much success.

Our next trip to AKV is in 34 days and we already have our ADR and I am very glad to say we were already planning on O'hana because now I can't WAIT to see Poly in person! And I sure hope they have plenty of pineapples when I arrive. :)

Hi Jen,

I just found your first TR today and spent the bulk of my day reading all three of your TRs. You had me hooked with your self description as my DD15 is wanting to major in music performance and/or education. She takes private voice and piano and is very involved in music (Madrigals/Vocal Jazz/theater) in school. We are also "Disney Dorks" and her perfect dream job would be something that marries Disney and performing. We have been DVC members since 2008 (SSR) but have recently fallen love with AKV. I have been known to choke up for no apparent reason during Spectromagic and Wishes.

I have really enjoyed my day with you and can't wait for your next TR. I have only recently re-discovered the dis board and registered tonight so I could type this message to you. I can't wait for DD to read through your posts - she has a play this weekend and got home late from practice and so I just told her about you and had her listen to a clip of one of the songs from your holiday cd. She was just as impressed as I am. You remind me very much of her voice coach who was an opera major (and is a Disney lover.)

I have lots of comments in my head from all your posts but I will try to limit myself.

We drive 17 hours every year with myself, DH, DD15 and DD10 from IL. It can be done & it will get better. We always drive 10-11 hours first day and then get a good night's sleep so we arrive well rested and ready to go.

I would start your trip at Universal not end it there - keeps the anticipation of Disney coming. My family would not survive leaving to Disney to go there, but we have done the reverse with much success.

Our next trip to AKV is in 34 days and we already have our ADR and I am very glad to say we were already planning on O'hana because now I can't WAIT to see Poly in person! And I sure hope they have plenty of pineapples when I arrive. :)

I am SO glad to have you as a reader of my TR's!!! :goodvibes

And I really appreciate the kinds words today (singing and TR'ing). After working a LONG and busy retail shift today, it's a welcome bright spot!

I am super jealous that your trip is only 34 days away!!! I just can't wait for our trip!!!!!!!! (Haha - impatient much?! :laughing:)

We are doing our drive similar to the one in 2009. We'll leave Friday evening and drive straight through to Disney. It's rough, but the getting there isn't as bad as the coming home. And we've decided to bag the Universal idea - we have Victoria and Albert's booked for our anniversary, so that's more than enough extra spending. :rolleyes1 But thanks for the advice. When we do finally get around to doing it, it'll definitely be at the beginning of the trip!

All the best of luck to your daughter! It's a rough road, but when it truly calls you, you have to do it. My best advice (and what I tell ALL my students who end up going into music in college) is to take some business and marketing classes! I can't stress this enough! So many of us come out of multiple degrees in music and have no clue what to do next. We can sing and perform wonderfully, but don't know how to handle the business side of it all - which is a bigger aspect to the career than I ever would have suspected.

Thanks again for reading my TR's and I hope you'll have a Lapu Lapu for me on your trip! :)

By the way all, here are some of my childhood pics at Disney!

In MK with our matching Epcot shirts! 1985

Disney-JenAmyMK.jpg

View of the castle from the old Sky Ride: 1985

CastleViewfromSkyRide.jpg

Our parents did like to put us in matching outfits.... 1985

Disney84-AmyJen.jpg

Posing in Epcot with our mom and grandmother - 1985:

Epcot-AmyMommyJenMom-Mom.jpg

A band in Epcot... 1985

EpcotBand84.jpg

Hula Minnie! And I'm wearing the same shirt from the year before! 1986:

HulaMinnie.jpg

A visit from Goofy - 1986:

Goofy.jpg

Posing with the castle - 1986:

Castle.jpg

Back when you could get meals on Tom Sawyer Island! - 1986

TSIslandFood.jpg

Hanging out with Minnie - 1987

6774_255848250595_850035595_8295867_6313964_n.jpg

MK in 1987:

6774_255848255595_850035595_8295868_1917641_n.jpg

MK in 1987:

6774_256195395595_850035595_8303759_4870326_n.jpg

I THINK this was Diamond Horseshoe Review area? Please someone help me out. (1987)

6774_256195400595_850035595_8303760_328269_n.jpg

I'm on the search to find more old Disney pics! Hoping to find some from some of my school trips. Stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter