• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

F&W: FULL is more than a reading on your gas gauge! Girls-Only Trip! Updated 3/2,p.9

Hi Readers! Thanks for hanging in there and being patient with me!

I'm crazy - it's 1:18am and I'm jumping in to my update! It's gotta get done sometime, and apparently, I just work better at night.

So, it has come.
Our last day. :sad1:

We were up at 7:00 and out the door by 8:00, after doing some last minute packing stuff. First we checked out, then returned the movie we rented, gave our bags to bell services, and did our resort airline check-in.

Here are some quick pics we took before heading out - we each had our new stuffed animals! (Yes, I'm a grown-up....:rolleyes1)

40145_517400918081_83001048_30722784_6099741_n.jpg

37155_517400908101_83001048_30722783_7584796_n.jpg

33921_517400898121_83001048_30722782_8222171_n.jpg

And some last pics of our view outside our room that morning:

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

Our first stop after leaving Jambo that morning was the Poly! We were going to have breakfast with my former student Lindsey (who we briefly saw the other day). But I feel like such a loser - no pics with Lindsey! What the heck! :eek: I feel like a total dufus! Sorry Lindsey!

Anyway, we were meeting up with her to have breakfast at Capt. Cook's over at the Poly, so that we could head over to MK right after. I believe Megan got the famous Tonga Toast. (I had some on a previous trip and found it to be a little too sweet, so I got my usual Mickey waffle.)

Lindsey told us some cool info about the costumes at WDW. (If you recall from the other update, she was doing the college program and working in the costume dept.) Did you all know that the bell hop costumes at ToT are actually real vintage pieces from the era? And very expensive!

After a nice breakfast, we all headed to MK (Lindsey was headed there too to meet a friend.) Here's a lovely view of the Grand Floridian after getting off the monorail....

IMG_0733.jpg

I can't remember exactly where Megan and Andi went when we first got in the park, but I know that Megan snapped some pics...

33764_517401017881_83001048_30722793_5484835_n.jpg

68028_517401107701_83001048_30722801_5034254_n.jpg

I headed over to Splash Mountain and happily saw there was no wait! So I waited for them to catch up with me and it was Splash Mountain time, baby! Oh yea! And my last time on it lap bar-free. (As I hear that the lap bars are all installed now....)

IMG_0737.jpg

Of course, I got wet - I was especially not happy about getting wet on my head. Enough to soak the front part of my hair and make it lay funny the rest of the time at MK. :-/

After Splash, we headed to BTMRR. There was only a ten minute wait and we thought it would be a good way to get dried off.

IMG_0735.jpg

It was a short morning, and we knew we had to stay focused and do specific things with the time we had.

Our next stop - Jungle Cruise!

Anyone who thinks Jungle Cruise is lame because of the cheesy fake animals is totally missing the point. It might have been about the plastic critters YEARS ago. Now, it's all about the delivery of the jokes and comic timing of the CM boat driver.

And our CM was freakin' fabulous! His name was Devin and we think we saw on his name tag that he was from Northern Illinois University. He was just awesome!

After Jungle Cruise, we had to use up some snack credits - so it was off to get Dole Whip Floats!!!! mmmmmmmmm..........

Andi and I got Dole Whip pineapple floats and Megan got a root beer float.

IMG_0742.jpg

So, while we're there at the Dole Whip stand, I happen to see three women walking along in our direction - and I immediately knew that they were us many years from now - down to the matching shirts and all!

(Megan got the shot and used her artistic skills to add detail...)

67619_517401960991_83001048_30722812_3434296_n.jpg

LOVE IT! We are so going to be them one day!!!! Whoever these ladies are, we love you guys! :-)

While in Adventureland, we got some more pics....

IMG_0739-1.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

continued......

....continued....

There was no time to spare and we headed from Adventureland over to Fantasyland. We wanted to see Philharmagic!

Some pics from along the way....

66378_517401097721_83001048_30722800_1571470_n.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

After Philharmagic, we took the long way around the castle and headed back to Main Street.

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

And it was also time to get lots of Photopass pics!

Photo0181FourBySix.jpg

Photo0184FourBySix.jpg

Photo0188FourBySix.jpg

Photo0189FourBySix.jpg

We basically decided to stop at SEVERAL of the photopass CM's along Main Street, as most were just standing there. We also ducked into the shops along the way, as we had some last minute stuff we needed to pick up. I got an adorable pink Mickey tote bag!

And more Photopass!

Photo0191FourBySix.jpg

Photo0201FourBySix.jpg

Photo0204FourBySix.jpg

Then at the bottom of Main Street, we got some more shots ourselves just before the parade was starting....

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0767-1.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

Alas, there was no more time to spare. We had to head back to Jambo to get our un-Magical Express back to the airport.

We headed out and JUST caught the bus out of MK in time - actually, we had to run - but we made it!

After picking up our carry-on bags at bell services, we headed to the rest rooms to get changed.

Here we are with our sad faces waiting to leave Jambo House....

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

UGH!!!!! Get this - Photobucket is doing a site maintenance update! Right this very second! So I can't post any pictures..... I might have to keep this TR hanging a little bit longer!

I'll do the finished update tomorrow (er, today, since it's already after 2am...)

And... I'm back! (At a reasonable hour!) Didn't want to have to put Andi's sad picture all by herself in a new post....

IMG_0771.jpg

....continued....

So before long, we were back at the airport. Our flight was slightly delayed, but we still got back to Philly airport a little earlier than scheduled. My mom picked us up and we were headed back home.

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you enjoyed the TR. I'll definitely be writing one for this June's trip and I'll have even more pictures! My new idea is to do short video segments to post on my travel agent FB page to give helpful tips and such for people going to Disney! I hope the idea works out well! :)

Thanks again everyone!!! :flower3:

Great TR! Sad it's over though :sad1: but looking forward to the next one! With us having a little one on the way, we're gonna wait a little while before we head back. Of course, since Conner got his 1st haircut at WDW, Declan will have to get his 1st haircut there too. ;) Right? Right. All in the name of fairness.

Great TR! Sad it's over though :sad1: but looking forward to the next one! With us having a little one on the way, we're gonna wait a little while before we head back. Of course, since Conner got his 1st haircut at WDW, Declan will have to get his 1st haircut there too. ;) Right? Right. All in the name of fairness.

Thanks again for reading along! And of COURSE you must be fair and get his first haircut in WDW too! ;)

Loved your TR - sad to hear it was your last day :sad2:

Love the stuffed animals and the animal pics before leaving Jambo! How cool to find that out about the bell hop costumes at ToT!

It's great that you got to spend some time at MK before leaving and ride two of the three mountains! And that dole whip sure looks yummy popcorn::

Wow on seeing yourselves at MK in 40 years time!! Love all the photopass pictures and boohoo on it being time to go.

Have loved your TR and look forward to hearing about your June trip at Disney World! May give me some pointers for our trip in September. Fingers crossed that you get an additional night onsite :wizard:

I really enjoyed your TR and I am sorry to see it end. Looking forward to the June TR. Are you staying OKW the whole time? I have not stayed there yet, but I really want to try it.

Thanks again for the fun read!

Loved your TR - sad to hear it was your last day :sad2:

Love the stuffed animals and the animal pics before leaving Jambo! How cool to find that out about the bell hop costumes at ToT!

It's great that you got to spend some time at MK before leaving and ride two of the three mountains! And that dole whip sure looks yummy popcorn::

Wow on seeing yourselves at MK in 40 years time!! Love all the photopass pictures and boohoo on it being time to go.

Have loved your TR and look forward to hearing about your June trip at Disney World! May give me some pointers for our trip in September. Fingers crossed that you get an additional night onsite :wizard:

Thanks for reading along!!! I have to say I am REALLY feeling my Disney withdrawal right now. I Dole Whip would be heavenly right about now! :cloud9:

Keep your fingers crossed that we can get an AP rate for the extra night in June!

:goodvibes

I really enjoyed your TR and I am sorry to see it end. Looking forward to the June TR. Are you staying OKW the whole time? I have not stayed there yet, but I really want to try it.

Thanks again for the fun read!

It'll be our first stay at OKW. We've eaten at Olivia's twice, but never actually stayed at the resort. We'll be there Sunday through Friday. Still up in the air as to where we'll stay on that first Saturday night. I'm hoping for a really good AP rate to come out so we can stay on site, but there's still a chance we'll just stay somewhere off-site if need be. (Although I REALLY don't want to stay off-site!)

Thanks for reading along with my TR! :)

Wait? what's this about lap bars on splash mountain????? :confused3

Yeah - during the winter refurb they added lap bars to Splash Mountain. Some love it, some hate it. I see the lap bars as unnecessary, but apparantly there were a LOT of people getting out of the boats during the ride. (People are really stupid sometimes....:sad2:) All it takes is a few idiots to ruin it for the rest of us....

I have to say, I find it awesome that you ladies took your stuffed animals with you into the park. You're never too old for that!

The last day is always so sad....:sad1:

And because you showed me the wonder on the Poly I will be there in 245 days ... i'm not counting at all :cheer2:

I have to say, I find it awesome that you ladies took your stuffed animals with you into the park. You're never too old for that!

The last day is always so sad....:sad1:

Well, we didn't actually take them into the park. They all went in our respective carry-on bags and were left with bell services. But I'm SO not above taking one into the park! :laughing:

And because you showed me the wonder on the Poly I will be there in 245 days ... i'm not counting at all :cheer2:

I am also on countdown mode! 114 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come ON June!

Dude! Now the Disney site is telling me 107 days! Even better! I'll take it!

:yay: You finally updated! I really liked your TR, thanks for sharing it with us!

The last day is always so sad, :sad1: luckily you have your next trip already on the works, I will definitely be reading you TR for that one as well!

:yay: You finally updated! I really liked your TR, thanks for sharing it with us!

The last day is always so sad, :sad1: luckily you have your next trip already on the works, I will definitely be reading you TR for that one as well!

Thanks so much for reading! Yes - planning the next trip always makes it a little easier - but it feels like June is forever away! :laughing:

I just found your TR today and read through the whole thing, I loved it! I'm so sad it's over already! :rotfl: I'll be going the same time this October, 9/30-10-8, so I'll be there for the opening weekend of Food and Wine! Any advice? I'm already planning on avoiding Epcot that Saturday, but I have to go to Epcot on Friday when we arrive! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your June trip! :woohoo: I alway say I'd like to drive, but the thought of losing almost 4 days just to drive (I live in CT, so we would have to drive, stop for a night, and then drive some more :sad2:) when you can just fly and be there in less than 3 hours is too much to think about!

Oh, and I love Illuminations and am not really all that impressed by Fantasmic! It's ok, but I've only seen it once, in 2008, and have never made any attempt to see it again since, so I guess I don't like it that much!

Anyway, loved the TR! :banana:

I just found your TR today and read through the whole thing, I loved it! I'm so sad it's over already! :rotfl: I'll be going the same time this October, 9/30-10-8, so I'll be there for the opening weekend of Food and Wine! Any advice? I'm already planning on avoiding Epcot that Saturday, but I have to go to Epcot on Friday when we arrive! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your June trip! :woohoo: I alway say I'd like to drive, but the thought of losing almost 4 days just to drive (I live in CT, so we would have to drive, stop for a night, and then drive some more :sad2:) when you can just fly and be there in less than 3 hours is too much to think about!

Oh, and I love Illuminations and am not really all that impressed by Fantasmic! It's ok, but I've only seen it once, in 2008, and have never made any attempt to see it again since, so I guess I don't like it that much!

Anyway, loved the TR! :banana:

Thanks so much for reading! :)

It sounds like we have some common interests in evening Disney entertainment! :laughing:

As far as advice for F&W - just know that it'll be crowded. The locals will be out on the weekend and especially the evenings on the weekend. Try to do F&W during the week.

And trust me, I don't go into the driving decision lightly. Ugh. I SO don't want to drive. But flights for then have gone up SO much. At this point, we'd be spending $650 -$700 to fly, and only around $300 to drive. (And I especially want to fly as I got that Silver Status on USAirways until next February, then it's gone!) *sigh*

Thanks again so much for reading my TR!!!! :goodvibes

I'm still very jealous of this girls-only trip! So glad you got to enjoy time with your friends. You have the BEST pictures... they really capture the fun you were having!

How long are you guys staying in June? We will be arriving early Sunday morning (after an all-night drive) June 26.

Thanks for a wonderful report!

I'm still very jealous of this girls-only trip! So glad you got to enjoy time with your friends. You have the BEST pictures... they really capture the fun you were having!

How long are you guys staying in June? We will be arriving early Sunday morning (after an all-night drive) June 26.

Thanks for a wonderful report!

Speaking of pictures, I was over at my parents' house tonight digging through old boxes of pics and found some hard core old school Disney pics - from my first two trips when I was 8 and 9! I can't wait to get them scanned into the computer!

Jen, I love your TRs more than anyone else's I've read so far! Can't wait for the next one! I have to live vicariously through TRs until I get back to my happy place! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter