F&W: FULL is more than a reading on your gas gauge! Girls-Only Trip! Updated 3/2,p.9

.....continuing.....

So we had pretty much made it all the way around World Showcase. And we were getting really uncomfortably full. Ugh.

But we had all wanted to try the dessert trio at the special dessert stand. It just sounded so good: Chocolate cake, Pear Streusel, and Strawberry Parfait thingy! (The 'thingy' part is my own addition, since I can't remember the name of the exact dessert! I don't want anyone to think that Disney would get that lazy...:laughing:)

We got our desserts and headed over to find a spot for Illuminations. We picked a spot right at the front of World Showcase where a whole bunch of other people had taken a seat on the concrete.

Here's a pic of the dessert trio:

IMG_0710.jpg

At this point, I knew that I needed to find a restroom after all those drinks. So I foolishly went to the one near the entrance to WS - you know, the one before you get to Canada. What was I thinking?! This bathroom has TWO stalls. Just two. So the line was pretty bad. But at this point, I thought it would take too long to walk to another. So I waited. And waited. :rolleyes1

Finally I made it back to our spot on the ground and basically had ONE bit of each dessert because I was so super full. Ugh. Uncomfortably full.

Then, a little before 9pm, some CM's came over to the gate in front of us and announced that anyone entering that area would have to SIT - no standing. We were a bit confused, as we had no idea what she was talking about. But then they opened the gates, and everyone started walking onto the platform area really quickly. So we did the same! We were right next to the bars overlooking the water! Great spot! The only down-side is that there are bars in the pictures....

I absolutely LOVE Illuminations!!! I've said it before and I'll say it a million times more! The music for this show is SO great!!! (If you haven't figured out so far, music is an integral part of every show for me. haha!)

I love that so much of Illuminations is an orchestral score and I love the chorus at the end!

Here are some Illuminations pics!

IMG_0718.jpg

64401_517181363071_83001048_30716915_517379_n.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

And remember how Andi and Megan were in love with Fantasmic and I was just kinda "meh" about it? Megan snapped this pic - the roles totally reversed!

64401_517181358081_83001048_30716914_924573_n.jpg

Clearly I am having a grand time watching Illuminations! :rotfl: And Andi's kind of "meh."

After Illuminations, we started to move our tired bodies to the front of the park. But we got a few pics on our way out at the last gift shop...

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

We headed back to AKV. At our gift shop, we took advantage of our free DVD rental (yay DVC!) and headed up to our room. Megan and I wanted to enjoy the pool one last time, so we headed down for some hot tub and pool time. There were a few people in the hot tub, but we had the pool to ourselves. Before long, though, it started to get a bit chilly. (SO not something I'm used to on my summer trips!)

We headed back to the room and started to pack, while watching "Up". (Our rental.) Fortunately, Andi can sleep through anything, so she was konked out while we packed. Of course, I was the last one ready for bed. It was going to be another early morning!

Up next - our last day!!!! What Disney magic was left in store for us?!

I LOVE this update! To me, this epitomizes EVERYTHING about an all-girls' trip: Food, fun, drinks, fun, laughter, fun, craziness, drinks, food, fun, food!! LOVE IT!!

Gift shop pictures are the best. I really need to do more of those. My favorite is you as a princess slaying the dragon. Awesome!

You KNOW I'm completely on your side about Illuminations. That sound track pierces my core!! Fantasmic definitely has that "Disney" magic with the characters, special water effects, story line, etc. Wishes has the familiar music and character voices. But Illuminations is pure ART... music, concept, story line.. and just think a lot of people don't get it. But I'm still sticking to it... I will be a ball of tears the day they decide to change the Epcot night show, for sure! (Oh.. and the picture of you watching Illuminations is PERFECT!! It soooo captures what you are feeling!)

Good times... thanks for sharing!

I must say that you girls totally know how to rock those hats, but this is my favorite because it would be the perfect prize for the game I found here:

http://partythroughtheparks.squares...round-the-world-at-epcots-world-showcase.html

I think we may try this in May when the East meet West girls hit the world. As you can see by the score card, I think all of you would have racked up some serious points! :rotfl:

I have watched Illuminations from the same spot and I agree that the views are great but the bars are distracting.

What a fun and full day you had in Epcot!

BTW - I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed that pic for my TR because I had just finished posting about drinking around the world, complete with a beer mug hat. I thought those glasses would accompany the whole ensemble nicely!

Wow you sure managed to get a lot done in World Showcase...love all the pics! :woohoo: on getting through all the snacks and drinks you wanted to.

I LOVE this update! To me, this epitomizes EVERYTHING about an all-girls' trip: Food, fun, drinks, fun, laughter, fun, craziness, drinks, food, fun, food!! LOVE IT!!

Gift shop pictures are the best. I really need to do more of those. My favorite is you as a princess slaying the dragon. Awesome!

You KNOW I'm completely on your side about Illuminations. That sound track pierces my core!! Fantasmic definitely has that "Disney" magic with the characters, special water effects, story line, etc. Wishes has the familiar music and character voices. But Illuminations is pure ART... music, concept, story line.. and just think a lot of people don't get it. But I'm still sticking to it... I will be a ball of tears the day they decide to change the Epcot night show, for sure! (Oh.. and the picture of you watching Illuminations is PERFECT!! It soooo captures what you are feeling!)

Good times... thanks for sharing!

Thanks Sooze! Man, we had such a good time! Nothing like being a complete silly fool at your favorite place, and doing it with friends!

Yay - to my fellow Illuminations lover! That show is just so wonderful. Usually makes me cry a little. I'm such a big dork that thinking through the music right now is tearing me up. I hope they never change it!

I must say that you girls totally know how to rock those hats, but this is my favorite because it would be the perfect prize for the game I found here:

http://partythroughtheparks.squares...round-the-world-at-epcots-world-showcase.html

I think we may try this in May when the East meet West girls hit the world. As you can see by the score card, I think all of you would have racked up some serious points! :rotfl:

I have watched Illuminations from the same spot and I agree that the views are great but the bars are distracting.

What a fun and full day you had in Epcot!

BTW - I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed that pic for my TR because I had just finished posting about drinking around the world, complete with a beer mug hat. I thought those glasses would accompany the whole ensemble nicely!

I just checked out the link - how fun! I think our scores would be pretty darn good in that game. :rolleyes1

I'll have to check out your TR to see our pic make its cameo appearance! :thumbsup2

Wow you sure managed to get a lot done in World Showcase...love all the pics! :woohoo: on getting through all the snacks and drinks you wanted to.

We certainly got a lot done in a short amount of time. And had an amazing time doing it! I hope I'll get to do F&W again in the future - it's so awesome - and a great new perspective to an Epcot visit. Thanks for reading along! :)

Thanks so much! Typing this update in the coldness of a brutal winter certainly makes my heart a little warmer, even if the rest of me is cold! :laughing:

I hear ya! WDW is my "happy place", so when the weather is yucky, or work is stressful, I read the Dis!

I started reading your TR early on then with the Holidays I kinda got away from TRs. Today I'm home sick and all alone I stated from the beginning and have read through the whole thing :)
I've had comments all along but I'm old and here are the one's I can remember :lmao:
Congrats on your extra DVC points and your 10th ann trip. DH & I stayed at AKL for our 10th ann and had dinner at the V&A chef's table, 8 years later we still talk about that meal !
Great dress what wonderful friends you have.
As for the LapuLapu if they were out of pineapples they could have served it in a regular glass. They've brought the 'extra' to us in a glass before. Not quite the same but you could have closed your eyes every time you took a drink.
Can't believe you ate at LeCellier, which BTW is still my favorite, on a F&W day! I would have popped! When we get free dining during F&W we do a 2 credit dinner on the day of arrival, usually CA Grill, then we don't book ADRs on our F&W day.
Illuminations is my all time favorite night time show! Maybe b/c I'm from a musical family. During my time as an EPCOT Castmember my favorite job was as a 'glow lead' at that time a lead was like a manager in retail. Glow are the people who sell all of the light stuff during the night time shows. I'd help get everyone set up send them out then quickly get my paperwork done, so that I could go out and be with my team during the show. I'd walk to each cart to see if anyone needed change then watch the show with one of my castmembers. They loved me or so they said, said the other leads were never out there with them b/c they were in the office doing paper work, they didn't know it was purly selfish on my part:lmao:
Sorry that was a lot about me! Didn't mean to highjack. Love that I got to read almost your whole TR at one time, sorry it's going to be over soon, but now I'm going to read you other reports. right after I read that Drinking Around the World Game

I started reading your TR early on then with the Holidays I kinda got away from TRs. Today I'm home sick and all alone I stated from the beginning and have read through the whole thing :)
I've had comments all along but I'm old and here are the one's I can remember :lmao:
Congrats on your extra DVC points and your 10th ann trip. DH & I stayed at AKL for our 10th ann and had dinner at the V&A chef's table, 8 years later we still talk about that meal !
Great dress what wonderful friends you have.
As for the LapuLapu if they were out of pineapples they could have served it in a regular glass. They've brought the 'extra' to us in a glass before. Not quite the same but you could have closed your eyes every time you took a drink.
Can't believe you ate at LeCellier, which BTW is still my favorite, on a F&W day! I would have popped! When we get free dining during F&W we do a 2 credit dinner on the day of arrival, usually CA Grill, then we don't book ADRs on our F&W day.
Illuminations is my all time favorite night time show! Maybe b/c I'm from a musical family. During my time as an EPCOT Castmember my favorite job was as a 'glow lead' at that time a lead was like a manager in retail. Glow are the people who sell all of the light stuff during the night time shows. I'd help get everyone set up send them out then quickly get my paperwork done, so that I could go out and be with my team during the show. I'd walk to each cart to see if anyone needed change then watch the show with one of my castmembers. They loved me or so they said, said the other leads were never out there with them b/c they were in the office doing paper work, they didn't know it was purly selfish on my part:lmao:
Sorry that was a lot about me! Didn't mean to highjack. Love that I got to read almost your whole TR at one time, sorry it's going to be over soon, but now I'm going to read you other reports. right after I read that Drinking Around the World Game

So glad to have you reading along! :)

What a fabulous job - getting to watch Illuminations every night! :cloud9:

You know, I'd been reading a thread about V&A's and read so many comments similar to yours. I am beyond excited to try it. People even say that even if they serve something you don't usually like, you'll be licking the plate 'cause it'll be so good!

And I usually go in the summer, so this was my first F&W. I had not been trained yet in NOT scheduling ADR's for F&W day. :laughing: Live and learn. I won't ever make that mistake again!

Hello Neighbor! I just found your trip report and am looking forward to reading it! :surfweb:

We were there October 16-23 -- I LOVED the F&W Festival and hope to go back again some year and LOVED LOVED LOVED MNSSHP!!!! Okay -- back to reading! popcorn::

BTW -- We have driven our last 2 times (from Philly). If there is anything I can recommend to you, it's stop on the way home and get some rest -- The way there is an "easy" ride because you are excited to get there -- But on the way home, I know I am sort of "pissy" because I am upset my vacation is over -- so the next time we do drive, we will stop somewhere in SC or NC and just get some rest before moving on. Just some advice! :hug: I am so jealous you are going again in June! I don't think we will be able to get back until 2012! :scared1:

BTW -- We have driven our last 2 times (from Philly). If there is anything I can recommend to you, it's stop on the way home and get some rest -- The way there is an "easy" ride because you are excited to get there -- But on the way home, I know I am sort of "pissy" because I am upset my vacation is over -- so the next time we do drive, we will stop somewhere in SC or NC and just get some rest before moving on. Just some advice! :hug: I am so jealous you are going again in June! I don't think we will be able to get back until 2012! :scared1:

Thanks for joining my TR! Glad to have you on board! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!

I hope some of you are still hanging in there!

I promise to have an update for our last day in the next week! :thumbsup2

I totally know what you're talking about with feeling uncomfortably full after snacking around Food and Wine! Been there done that.

LOL about your feeling a little tipsy. I've so been there before in Epcot. But it's such a fun place to feel that way!

Hi Everyone!

I hope some of you are still hanging in there!

I promise to have an update for our last day in the next week! :thumbsup2

Am still here! Looking forward to reading about your last day!

Take your time and post it when you can :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter