F&W: FULL is more than a reading on your gas gauge! Girls-Only Trip! Updated 3/2,p.9

Joining in! DH & I were there Oct 7-14 I had started a TR while we were there, but when I realized it was going to be a report about my morning sickness, I decided to spare the Dis :laughing:)

Joining in! DH & I were there Oct 7-14 I had started a TR while we were there, but when I realized it was going to be a report about my morning sickness, I decided to spare the Dis :laughing:)

Hi and welcome to my TR!!! So sorry to hear about your morning sickness at Disney! I hope you were still able to have a good trip!

Day Two! Multiple Park Madness!

It wasn't long before it was time to get up for our next day of Disney! We were up at 7am to get ready. I had to handle a client call, as their deposit was due that day, so that ate up a bit of time.

I believe Megan snapped this shot outside our room in the morning...

65437_517119556931_83001048_30714780_5650975_n.jpg

But we got to Animal Kingdom around ten minutes to 9:00am. We were a bit confused, as it seemed that Rope Drop had already happened. ?????? I knew it wasn't an EMH morning. What was going on?

We figured they did it early??? So we stuck with our plan - we headed to the Safari. Only there was quite a bit of a wait for first thing in the morning. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't super long or anything - just kind of long for that time of day.

But our wait was WELL rewarded. (With what I can only believe was much discontent for the people who were waiting to get on several minutes after us.) When we got to the open savannah area, our vehicle was held up for quite some time by momma giraffe and her young one. And they were happy to just take their time and NOT get out of our way. And we were cool with that!

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

All the safari vehicles were getting completely backed up behind us. After a few minutes, the giraffes moved and we got by, BUT they then blocked the vehicle behind us. D'oh!

We also got a great view of the rhino family...

IMG_0207.jpg

After our safari voyage, I did the Fast Pass run to Expedition Everest and met the girls back in Pangani Trail. Maybe, just maybe, we would see the baby gorilla on this trip! Oh, I wanted to see her so badly!

Megan got a shot of one of the gorillas playing with a blanket...

64805_517119871301_83001048_30714806_7753185_n.jpg

But no luck - the baby was nowhere to be seen. :-(

After coming out of Pangani, we decided to head out to Rafiki's, since we were right there. I was excited to see if there would be any other Vet visits like on my summer trip.

And we were certainly in luck on that front!

There was a rat getting surgery to have a growth removed from its back!

See the bump right behind it's head - on the top of it's neck?

IMG_0233.jpg

There's the little guy in surgery...

IMG_0231.jpg

Here are some of the residents of Rafiki's - on the path to get to the main building...

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

We spent a good bit of time at Rafiki's. I finished watching the surgery, while the girls went out to the petting zoo. And we learned all kinds of interesting animal facts! CM Patrick let us know that all elephants have their own unique voices - just like humans! And did you know that tarantula venom is sometimes used in heart attack victims to keep their hearts beating until they can get more help? How cool is that?!

The elusive Jiminy Cricket was there and we totally got our pictures taken with him! "When You Wish Upon a Star" is my all-time favorite Disney song ever! Ever!

44219_517120035971_83001048_30714808_7052906_n.jpg

And here are some shots from the petting zoo....

IMG_0240.jpg

64607_517120115811_83001048_30714813_1474414_n.jpg

After leaving Rafiki's, we decided to head over to Asia - but not without a few pictures (or more!) along the way...

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

And I have to say, the Photopass CM's were fabulous on this trip. Maybe there's something about a group of friends traveling together? Maybe a group of girls traveling together? Who knows, but we certainly got a TON of shots!

It all started with Ron from Brooklyn (at least we think that's what we read on his name tag....) He was taking pictures near the spot not far from Africa - in the tree covered area - where you get the good view of the Tree of Life. He took so many pictures of us!

Photo0057FourBySix.jpg

Photo0060FourBySix.jpg

Photo0069FourBySix.jpg

Photo0072FourBySix.jpg

Photo0077FourBySix.jpg

Photo0084FourBySix.jpg

Photo0085FourBySix.jpg

Photo0090FourBySix.jpg

Photo0081FourBySix.jpg

continued...

....continuing....

When we got to Asia, we decided to ride Kali River Rapids. However, Andi decided to sit this one out. I was wearing my "okay to get wet" outfit, so I was all set to go! :banana:

We put Andi on picture duty to get a shot of us in our raft.

44224_517120280481_83001048_30714826_490272_n.jpg

We didn't get too wet. Can't say the same for all the people on our raft. The one guy seemed to get the brunt of it at every turn. :laughing:

After Kali, we went through the Maharajah Trail....

33936_517120589861_83001048_30714849_5936811_n.jpg

Check out the awesome tiger shot!

IMG_0275.jpg

Then we were on to Expedition Everest. I can't say it enough - I love this ride!!! LOVE IT!!!! And of course, we had to ride it from the back two cars!

::yes::

After that, I had a special request....

Could we please go back to Pangani to see if the baby gorilla was out?

The girls were cool with it, so we were headed back to Pangani! :yay:

Were we going to get to see the baby???? And who would we see at Camp Minnie Mickey???

You'll have to wait for my next update to find out!!! (I need to go get some sleep! :lmao:)

Until next time!

I love the pictures of the the three of you together & the one with the gorilla and the blanket!

Hi and welcome to my TR!!! So sorry to hear about your morning sickness at Disney! I hope you were still able to have a good trip!

It was good! I just couldn't eat the things I had hoped for! Lots & lots of fruit that trip, & I managed to lose weight!

Hi folks!

SO - last update we were headed back to Pangani. It was my last chance to see that baby gorilla. Oh please oh please let the pixie dust be on my side!

BUT - first some of our Photopass pics from the EE viewing spot. I THINK we got these on our way back to Africa after riding EE. But, there's a slight chance we got them right before? :confused3

Not much difference though. Again, we had lots of Photopass Magic and got TONS of pics.

Photo0092FourBySix.jpg

Photo0094FourBySix.jpg

Photo0096FourBySix.jpg

Photo0098FourBySix.jpg

Photo0099FourBySix.jpg

(There were even more than that - maybe 4 or 5 more pics?)

And I got a special present in Asia - a new awesome dress that you will see on a later day of the TR! What a great gift! Andi said it was for using my points to take us all on the trip. And this trip was definitely worth every point! :thumbsup2

But now, it's off to Pangani.

We headed straight through the trail.

We had one destination.

The gorilla area.

Would we see her?!?!?

YES!!!!! We did!!!!!

:yay:

However, momma gorilla had her pretty close at hand, as well as Daddy gorilla.

So she was a little hard to see. She was playing around with one of the plants with the big leaves, which kept her hidden pretty well.

47009_517120879281_83001048_30714874_7120667_n-1.jpg

There she is in the middle of the pic! This was the best we could get folks! But I was so happy to get to see her!

After leaving Pangani, we did a little bit of shopping then headed for Camp Minnie Mickey.

We were all over the chance to get some great character pics!

And we got some great photos! The lines were really short too!

65175_517120939161_83001048_30714880_79574_n.jpg

65175_517120944151_83001048_30714881_4724018_n.jpg

Photo0106FourBySix.jpg

Photo0109FourBySix.jpg

Photo0110FourBySix.jpg

Photo0113FourBySix.jpg

Photo0116FourBySix.jpg

Photo0118FourBySix.jpg

Photo0119FourBySix.jpg

continued...........................

............continued..............

After leaving Camp Minnie Mickey, we headed to Discovery Island to find a spot to watch the parade.

Another photopass pic....
Photo0102FourBySix.jpg

I had never actually seen this parade before. Since I usually go in the intense heat of the summer, I'm hardly ever in a park during this time of day. I have to say, it was a real treat not to be sweating through all of my clothes! :thumbsup2

The parade was very fun - I really enjoyed the animal character floats...
33710_517121243551_83001048_30714903_7322283_n.jpg

44954_517121318401_83001048_30714911_8191309_n.jpg

44198_517121093851_83001048_30714892_5991096_n.jpg

64634_517121143751_83001048_30714896_5054802_n.jpg

After the parade, we left immediately. Fortunately, AKV is nice and close to the park.

Back at our room, we got ready REALLY quickly. Super quickly!

We had an ADR scheduled for the new Via Napoli restaurant in Italy. I knew we'd have to give ourselves lots of time, since it's all the way at the back of the park AND it was the first weekend of Food and Wine Festival!

Up next - still two parks to visit tonight! Stay tuned!

Day Two continues!

Hi all!

So....

we left AK and got ready SUPER fast back at our room.

I knew Epcot would be crowded for Food and Wine, but WOW! :scared1:

World Showcase was PACKED! :crowded:

It took us quite awhile to get all the way back to Italy. We ended up being about 10 minutes late to our ADR, but I don't think it would have mattered. The restaurant hadn't been open long and it was just as packed inside as it was outside.

They were taking "reservations only" - they had to keep telling people this who were walking up and asking about the wait. Of course that doesn't count for the *ahem* annoying person who pitched a fit and got his party of 7 seated within minutes of their walk up. Dude! What don't you get about reservations only? They claimed that guest services told them there would be room for walk ups.

Seriously - you're going to Epcot during the first weekend of Food and Wine and you think you're going to get a walk-up at the restaurant that just opened a month ago?!:rolleyes2 :mad:

But I guess if you pitch a fit enough, you get what you want. Sorry folks, just a pet peeve of mine...

Anyway, where was I?

The restaurant was really nice looking inside.

37149_517121612811_83001048_30714933_218442_n.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

We decided to split a pitcher of Sangria, as that was a much cheaper option than each getting our own drinks. Yummy goodness! :drinking1

IMG_0334.jpg

Our waiter was very nice, but it was the busboy that caught the attention of Megan and Andi... :rolleyes1

And he didn't seem to hide his flirting, especially with Andi. ;)

The food was SO GOOD. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone. I have to admit, I was thinking it wouldn't be a highlight. I mean, here in eastern PA, you can get italian food more than anything else. Heck, in our tiny town, there's like 5 or 6 italian food places. So I didn't know if this would be anything special.

Well, I was wrong!

The food was done in a really authentic italian way and was so very very very good.

I had the lasagna verde. It was a lasagna with cheeses and spinach - no red sauce like we're used to here. Wow - even thinking about it makes my mouth water. The cheese in it was so creamy. Delicious...

IMG_0335.jpg

Megan got the Chicken Parm. which came with a spaghetti torte.

IMG_0336.jpg

And Andi got the Candele - which was baked pasta with cheese, sausage sauce and lamb.

IMG_0337.jpg

We each tried eachother's food and I have to say everything was marvelous!

And dessert was just as good. We decided to split the Zapele (sp?) which are ricotta fritters with whipped cream and chocolate sauce, and the tiramisu. I'm not a HUGE tiramisu fan - I like it once in awhile - but this was different. Again - the authentic italian dish wins out over the americanized version! It was so light and not overly sweet.

Here are the desserts.....

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

Now we all know that one of the fun things at Disney is people watching and overhearing interesting things from other guests. Well, that was the case at dinner, because it seemed that the table next to us didn't know eachother. Was it so crowded that people were willing to sit with strangers? Oh - or was it a dismeet???? Who knows!

We got a pic of the ovens as we left from the ladies room...

IMG_0341.jpg

And we got a nice final good bye from our lovely italian busboy.... ;)

We strolled our way leisurely out of Epcot and got some great shots along the way....

The outside of Via Napoli:

IMG_0342.jpg

An awesome Photopass shot in World Showcase:

Photo0121FourBySix.jpg

Along with more Photopass fun....

Photo0125FourBySix.jpg

Photo0127FourBySix.jpg

We made our way out to the monorail....

Why you ask?

Heck, we were going to Magic Kingdom to see the Main Street Electrical Parade!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

I couldn't wait!

What would the rest of the night hold? What can amuse a bunch of friends for a really long time?

You'll just have to check back to find out!

Hi everyone!

I'm here for another update!!

But do I hear crickets chirping? Is anyone out there? I hope so!

Because the rest of our day was insanely fun! We really let our inner children come out! :lmao:

Here's the details!

We got to MK around 8:45pm. We decided it was a good idea to just get curbseats for Wishes and MSEP.

Now, I'm checking my notes and can't remember what came first that night - the parade or Wishes. I just consulted the Travel Agent calendar from October, and see that there was a parade at 8pm, Wishes at 9pm and that's all that's listed. BUT, I'm pretty darn sure that there was a second parade that night, as we weren't in the park in time to see the 8pm one. So that's what I'm going on!

Here's some Wishes photos!

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Then it was time to plant our butts down on the curb for a great seat for the parade. It was going to be a long wait, but there was lots of people watching to do, as the hordes were flowing out down Main Street towards the exit.

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Andi was making new friends - she was sitting next to a woman from a small town in Illinois. The woman said she got a room at AKL for $100/night from Southwest!! :eek: Dude! I was floored! How did she do that? Being a new travel agent, I was all intrigued and stuff.

(Called the Disney TA line when I got home and the most likely scenario was that Southwest had pre-purchased rooms for packages and they weren't being used, so they sold them for an insanely low price when it started getting close to the dates. Guess I'll never truly know...)

Anyway, the parade was delayed due to some difficulties, and all the while, I was losing more and more of my sitting room as a group of ladies kept pushing closer and closer. I know Disney is crowded, but do you have to practically sit on my lap!? Sheesh!

I was getting really thirsty and needed some water, so I thought I'd run and try to find a cart, since it seemed there were a few minutes before the parade....

Now, you'd think that before a parade they'd have a snack/beverage cart out, right? No. There was not a single cart on Main Street.

I had to run up to Casey's to get a bottle of water. I was so worried about missing the beginning!

But there was no need to worry, it kept getting delayed.....

waiting....

waiting.....

Finally, it was time for the parade to start!:yay:

Okay, now just imagine the Baroque Hoedown music playing as you look at these pictures.....

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Oh yay! I just love this parade!!!!! I've said it before, and I'll say it again - it just takes me back to my childhood trips to Disney in the 80's. Such wonderful memories!!!!

Continued............

..........continuing...........

After the parade, we kind of got our second wind. We headed into the gift shops on the opposite side of the street to look for something. (Can't remember what.)

But that's when we started getting silly. It was late and any alcohol we had at dinner was long gone. But it was just the time of night - and we were in MK!

We decided to have some photo fun with the stuff in the gift shops - mostly hats, but also other things....

"Hey Andi, try this hat on...."
IMG_0445.jpg

Megan's turn...
IMG_0448.jpg

Then Megan picked this one for me....
IMG_0449.jpg

Total Halloween spirit - it is after all Megan's favorite holiday!
IMG_0450.jpg

"This is Halloween. This is Halloween." (to the song from Nightmare Before Christmas...)
IMG_0451.jpg

Now we're getting into it....
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... we be Disney dorks - I mean pirates.....
IMG_0456.jpg

Fantasia!
IMG_0458.jpg

Andi wanted to be a Pirate too....
IMG_0459.jpg

I'm a Disney Princess, da--it!
IMG_0461.jpg

Goin' back to the Halloween AND Pirate themes...
IMG_0462.jpg

Andi could totally be Ariel!
IMG_0463.jpg

I decided this Pooh was definitely coming home with me!
IMG_0464.jpg

Matching tiaras!
IMG_0465.jpg

So it's a topper for golf clubs, but at first I thought it was a puppet...:confused3
IMG_0467.jpg

Our favorite monorail saying! Repeat with me....
IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

So after our hat silliness, it was time to buy some stuff. I saw a super cute Tshirt and Andi liked it too. So Megan found her size as well. We got matching shirts and we were going to wear them the next day! 'Cause we're cool like that! ;)

You'll see the matching shirts when I get to tomorrow's segment of the TR, but the three of us also got another matching item.....

Oh yeah.....

We got matching Disney undies!!! :lmao:

IMG_0470.jpg

(By the way, not only are they super cute, but they're really comfy too!)

It was time to get going. The park was closing and we were quite tired.

On our way back to AKV, the buses used a special backstage route through the Disney property, as certain roads were closed up for one of the marathons.

We got back and totally crashed!

Up next tomorrow - our DHS morning and Megan's wonderful special fastpasses! :worship:

Stay tuned!

I love the monorail cap! Too bad I don't wear caps... Emporium was probably the ONLY store we didn't go in during our Oct trip. In fact, the only time we really spent at the MK was for MNSSHP. (I spent a few hours there on Columbus Day night, not realizing it was a holiday, & couldn't for the life of me figure out why on Earth it was so ridiculously crowded, so I just wanted to get out of there ASAP after riding a few rides.)

My DW loves the monorail saying! She has it as a ring tone. I hope that hat is there when we go in May. :thumbsup2 popcorn::

I love the monorail cap! Too bad I don't wear caps... Emporium was probably the ONLY store we didn't go in during our Oct trip. In fact, the only time we really spent at the MK was for MNSSHP. (I spent a few hours there on Columbus Day night, not realizing it was a holiday, & couldn't for the life of me figure out why on Earth it was so ridiculously crowded, so I just wanted to get out of there ASAP after riding a few rides.)

My DW loves the monorail saying! She has it as a ring tone. I hope that hat is there when we go in May. :thumbsup2 popcorn::

Haha! Yes - as soon as I saw it, I knew I needed a picture!

But I'm not a cap-wearer, so it wasn't part of my purchase.

And I'm really having one of those times where I just REALLY wish I was at Disney!!! We knew several people down there recently because of the marathon and I had to stew in my jealousy!

Have just found your TR and enjoyed reading all the updates in one go! Love the MNSSHP costumes and goofing around with hats is the best way to spend time in an MK shop!

We will be eating in Sanaa when we go on our trip :)

Have just found your TR and enjoyed reading all the updates in one go! Love the MNSSHP costumes and goofing around with hats is the best way to spend time in an MK shop!

We will be eating in Sanaa when we go on our trip :)

Thanks so much for joining in!!! :)

We decided trying on interesting hats would continue throughout the trip after all this fun! So there's more to come - :laughing:

And you will LOVE Sanaa!

It's time! Time for Day Three!!!

Hey, I'm feeling pretty proud at how quickly I'm getting this TR done - not too shabby!

So Day Three was going to be our DHS day....

AND....

Matching T Shirt day! :yay:

Photo0131FourBySix.jpg

Oh yeah!

So we slept in until 8am. Today we were going to use Megan's magic fastpasses. :cloud9:

Magic Fastpasses you say?

Well, when Megan was doing her DVC add on, they totally screwed it up and took out too much money from her bank account leaving her with no money for two weeks! :eek:

So they promised her the special DVC fast passes for her whole group on her next trip. And that was us! Basically, they get you 3 instant FP's per card. Which meant no rush to get FP's at Toy Story Mania for us!

We left our room that morning around 9:30am and went to Mara for breakfast.

Waiting for the bus.....

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

When we got to DHS, we first went to Tower of Terror to get regular Fast Passes to use later. Then we walked right over to Rockin' Roller Coaster and used Megan's special FP's! Oh yay!

In our car was a guy who had never been on RnRC before. We told him that waiting for the take-off was the most suspenseful thing, but that it wasn't so bad. We also asked him to join in our coordinated thumbs up for the picture. I think he was too taken by surprise to really join in...

IMG_0473.jpg

We then walked over to TSM, and of course all the FP's were gone. But not for us. I gave the special FP's to the CM and she got us our instant fastpasses! We got right in line!

IMG_0475.jpg

Trying to look cool...
58119_517123494041_83001048_30715083_5508167_n.jpg

Even the FP line was taking a long time....
IMG_0477.jpg

I rode with Megan and I was ready to kick her butt! (I'm a tad bit competitive....:rolleyes1)

The ride kept stopping, then having to restart. Not sure what that was all about. But we had a few minutes of sitting around inside TSM.

IMG_0479.jpg

When we finally finished, I succeeded in my butt-kicking mission...
IMG_0481.jpg

Next - we were off to use our Tower of Terror FP's. Before getting on, we grabbed some FP's to use later that night when we would come back after dinner.

This is one of my absolute favorite rides! I love that free-falling feeling. :love:

Just so awesome!

IMG_0483.jpg

We then got a ton of Photopass pics before leaving DHS.

Photo0132FourBySix.jpg

Photo0133FourBySix.jpg

Photo0134FourBySix.jpg

Photo0136FourBySix.jpg

Photo0138FourBySix.jpg

Photo0139FourBySix.jpg

Photo0141FourBySix.jpg

Photo0142FourBySix.jpg

We also did some quick shopping to get out of the heat. They already had Christmas stuff out in the shops, so we took advantage of that. I got a new tree ornament and some Christmas cards.

Next up - off to Downtown Disney!

:yay: on being able to get special FPs for TSM...beats having to arrive early and join the mad dash! The guy with you on RnR Coaster looks like how I probably will on my first ride :rotfl:

Loving the PP pictures especially the one with stitch :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter