F! First show? Second show? FP or stand by?

PairOfDice

Mouseketeer
We're still undecided on the first or second show. Hopefully we will have seen the fireworks by then on a previous night. We understand that we can watch F! and then the fireworks in the same spot if we choose the first show. Is that right? We're wondering if the second show is much less crowded allowing us to mosey on over around 10:00 for a good viewing spot without a FP. Is FP necessary for the second show? I tried looking for F! on the app to see if I could find out when FP goes from the first show to the second but I couldn't find it on the map.

You need FP for either show. You can’t find out when it switches to the second show without checking in person.

Since F! returned last year, I’ve only done first show, and only with a dining package (I’ve seen what the FP situation looks like several times, and I don’t think it would work for me with my 5-year-old).

So I can’t help with much besides the fact that, yes, you can watch fireworks from your first show spot, and also, there is no “moseying” anywhere around there between the shows. With the 1st/2nd show transition plus fireworks... there is chaos and mayhem and shuffling through a sea of humanity.

After having the FP experience last month, I’m doing the dining package from now on. The general FP areas aren’t allowed to sit during the show, which isn’t fun if a) your feet are tired (which, you know, Disneyland) and b) you’re not the tallest person in the crowd. It might be better for the second show because I’ve heard it’s less crowded, but if being able to relax and actually enjoy the show is a goal (and you’re not 6’5”), I’d sure at least consider the Hungry Bear dining package!

You need FP for either show. You can’t find out when it switches to the second show without checking in person.

Since F! returned last year, I’ve only done first show, and only with a dining package (I’ve seen what the FP situation looks like several times, and I don’t think it would work for me with my 5-year-old).

So I can’t help with much besides the fact that, yes, you can watch fireworks from your first show spot, and also, there is no “moseying” anywhere around there between the shows. With the 1st/2nd show transition plus fireworks... there is chaos and mayhem and shuffling through a sea of humanity.

Thank you. This is helpful. My kids are 18 and 15 so we don't have the same issues as families with little ones but I'm still dreading the crowds and having to walk upstream to get to the second show.

I guess my concern is HOW do we get to the second show through the crowds? What's the best route? Have they thinned out by the time we'd need to show up? Anyone have any suggestions for me?

After having the FP experience last month, I’m doing the dining package from now on. The general FP areas aren’t allowed to sit during the show, which isn’t fun if a) your feet are tired (which, you know, Disneyland) and b) you’re not the tallest person in the crowd. It might be better for the second show because I’ve heard it’s less crowded, but if being able to relax and actually enjoy the show is a goal (and you’re not 6’5”), I’d sure at least consider the Hungry Bear dining package!

I thought there was a seated section and a standing section. Is that incorrect? I'm sure by that time of night I'll be begging to sit.

I thought there was a seated section and a standing section. Is that incorrect? I'm sure by that time of night I'll be begging to sit.
A small portion of FP guests can end up in a seated section. When I've observed this for the first show, it appears these people get there VERY early in advance, it's a small space, and it appears to depend how big the dining package section is that night, which has looked variable to me (it anecdotally looks like they sometimes add dining package space with the tape lines; I assume this would be based on nights with more packages sold or something).

I'm not sure how different it is for the 2nd show, but I would not expect to sit with FPs.

Also, there are lots of CMs directing traffic into and out of the area - you'd come in from the hub through Frontierland.

The seated section is for those who purchased the dining package, I think. We were pretty close to the front of the FP line and got awful spots and were told by CMs that there was no sitting. I could be wrong and there may be a seated FP section, but we didn’t have the option!

The seated section is for those who purchased the dining package, I think. We were pretty close to the front of the FP line and got awful spots and were told by CMs that there was no sitting. I could be wrong and there may be a seated FP section, but we didn’t have the option!

I meant seated as in on the ground. Did you see any areas where people could sit on the ground?

I meant seated as in on the ground. Did you see any areas where people could sit on the ground?

That IS the dining section. :) There used to be a small seating area (with chairs) for people who purchased a dessert package, but I don’t think they do that anymore and everyone was sitting on the ground. I was pretty shocked about the standing with FP, because I feel like everyone used to sit, but I feel like they’re maybe trying to get people to pay for the dining packages? Like I said, we were there for the first show, so maybe the experience is better for the second show, but it’s hard to guarantee! Maybe you could walk through on the area on a previous night and see how busy it looks/if anyone outside of the middle is sitting during the second show?

A small portion of FP guests can end up in a seated section...

This is correct, but I am hearing reports that it doesn't happen for every show. Sometimes the first guests in the FP loading area are allowed to sit (next to the RBT regular dining package area) and other times they are told to stand.

The seated section is for those who purchased the dining package, I think...

See above. Yes, the reserved areas for the Dining Package guests are for ground seating. But there is a very small area of the free FP section that allows ground seating -- but sometimes the CMs ask the guests to stand.

I meant seated as in on the ground...

See above. Yes, this is possible, but you will have to be among the first people in line for the free FP section and be prepared that the CMs may ask everyone to stand on your chosen night.

That IS the dining section...

See second answer above.

The second show has not been to crowded. I just watched a Live Stream from the Fantasmic 2nd show last week and it was easy to get a great spot over on the New Orleans side right before the show started. If you need to be center or close to center FP or dining package is the way to go. If you do the Blue Bayou package you get a cushion to keep to sit on and you are center. If you want a great center seat, dining package or FP, you need to be a hour early at least.
Good Luck Fantasmic is my favorite show hands down.

Holy cow, you guys, I thought those expensive dining packages got you an actual CHAIR. Whoa. I think we'll go with the second show. Thanks @aquamanalaska, that's what I wanted to know about the second show.

So where do the Hungry Bear on the go package guests sit (or do they stand?)?
They sit on the ground a bit to the left of center (when you’re facing the stage). There have been rare reports of the section being asked to stand, but it doesn’t appear to be a common occurrence. I’ve done this package three times and always been able to sit. It’s a good spot to watch fireworks from after the first show, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter