EZ Car Rentals

Andreak0428

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever used them before? My cousin and I are headed down to Orlando for the weekend and were under the 25 age cap. They seem to be very fairly priced for an under 25 driver. Anyone had any experience? Good, bad or otherwise???

One of my friends made a flying trip to visit her parents last weekend and used EZ. She came home raving about them, so I promptly booked one for January at about half the price Alamo had quoted me.

EZ (and a few other small local companies) reserve the right not to rent to you if you don't have (and prove) collision insurance on your own car back at home and also decline theirs.

EZ (and a few other small local companies) reserve the right not to rent to you if you don't have (and prove) collision insurance on your own car back at home and also decline theirs.

Which is why I walked once.

I have primary coverage on my credit card. I don't want a claim on my personal insurance and EZ had no need to have that information IMHO.

So I should just bring them a copy of my insurance then? I dont have a problem showing them it but I dont feel comfortable with them copying the paperwork.

You need to report every accident, no matter how slight, to your own insurance company.

If your credit card provides primary rental car damage coverage (few do) you mention that to your own insurance company which, in turn, should not pay a claim immediately. The theoretical course of action is for the other party to come after you first but in today's world, it is more convenient to file the claim with your insurance company first. In this instance, when your insurance company denies the initial claim, the other party then comes after you and you refer it to your credit card company.

I have had a couple of accidents in rental cars while on business whicch were covered by the company or contract. I have no intention of ever reporting these to my insurance company.

I did ask them once when someone plowed into my car. Their statement was "unless you want us to pay, it is up to you if you want to report". (I did report that one so they would help deal with the woman who drove into my stopped car doing 65 MPH)

In case anyone is wondering I will never rent from this company again. They charged us for being "late" on our reservations even though we arrived at 3:57pm and our reservation was until 4pm. Apparently they consider anything past two pm, reservation or not, is considered late.

They claim that all other companies operate this way but I have rented cars with my family from other companies and have never encountered this rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter