Eyeglasses on rides?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by tekoa, Sep 11, 2011.

1. tekoa

tekoa DIS Veteran

In two weeks I will be making a trip to Universal. As I have not been in a while could someone please tell me what rides I should take my glasses off. I do not want them flying off. I cannot put them in a locker as I could not see to get them out. (solo trip) Thank you. I am hoping to be able to secure them in a small fanny pack.

2. brandanobash

brandanobash Earning My Ears

the hulk, dueling dragons, THE MUMMY!, rip ride rocket, and more but i cant think of any right now

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 I sense something. A forum I haven't felt since…

I've worn my glasses on Hulk and Mummy for sure with no problems. Can't recall if I have on the other headliners, but I can't imagine it would be a problem as long as they fit well.

5. CaptainAlex

CaptainAlex Mouseketeer

The reason why I got contacts this summer was for our trip to WDW. I didn't want to worry about eye glasses on any attractions. If yu can swing it I would recommend a pair of contacts.

6. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

use croakies for them while you are on the ride.

they will not fall off.

7. Dax

Dax Emma and Christopher's Mommy - Best job ever

I switched to contacts recently, though for years, I was an eye glass wearer...I would hold my glasses in my hand for all rides...I just went on Hulk a week ago, and wore my sunglasses (the TM told me to put em on) and they never budged....So I guess it depends on how well they fit and the confidence you have they will stay put...I would NOT wear them for FJ though...to much bouncing around!

8. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 I sense something. A forum I haven't felt since…

That's another one I've had no issues with glasses, many times. FJ is really pretty smooth.

9. PatMcDuck

PatMcDuck DIS Veteran

I am at Universal now and I always keep my glasses on. this trip that included Hulk, Harry Potter, the ex-dueling dragons at Potter Land, And even Rip Ride Rocket.

They never even feel loose.

10. damo

damo Proud Redhead

We keep them on for all of the rides.

11. Metro West

Metro West Nothing to see here...move along.

I always wore my sunglasses on Hulk and Dueling Dragons w/o any problems. I didn't wear them on Revenge of the Mummy however.

12. SashaFarce

SashaFarce Mouseketeer

I wear mine for everything. I put on a pair of croakies (eyeglass straps) and before I leave for a trip I go by the eye place and get my glasses tightened up.

13. drinkme

drinkme DIS Veteran

I wore my eyeglasses on all the rides last summer. The only rides I didn't go on were Hulk, RRR, and Dueling Dragons.

I brought an extra pair of glasses with me on the trip just in case.

HTH

14. tekoa

tekoa DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for your responses. Tried contacts once and could get used to them, although that was years ago. I should probably try again, but not for this trip as it is 2 weeks away. I will try the croakies suggestion.

15. the Dark Marauder

the Dark Marauder <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

As long as they fit snugly, you should be fine.

Having a sport strap is a good back-up. :cool2: