Eyeglasses on rides?

tekoa

DIS Veteran
In two weeks I will be making a trip to Universal. As I have not been in a while could someone please tell me what rides I should take my glasses off. I do not want them flying off. I cannot put them in a locker as I could not see to get them out. (solo trip) Thank you. I am hoping to be able to secure them in a small fanny pack.

the hulk, dueling dragons, THE MUMMY!, rip ride rocket, and more but i cant think of any right now

I've worn my glasses on Hulk and Mummy for sure with no problems. Can't recall if I have on the other headliners, but I can't imagine it would be a problem as long as they fit well.

The reason why I got contacts this summer was for our trip to WDW. I didn't want to worry about eye glasses on any attractions. If yu can swing it I would recommend a pair of contacts.

I switched to contacts recently, though for years, I was an eye glass wearer...I would hold my glasses in my hand for all rides...I just went on Hulk a week ago, and wore my sunglasses (the TM told me to put em on) and they never budged....So I guess it depends on how well they fit and the confidence you have they will stay put...I would NOT wear them for FJ though...to much bouncing around!

I switched to contacts recently, though for years, I was an eye glass wearer...I would hold my glasses in my hand for all rides...I just went on Hulk a week ago, and wore my sunglasses (the TM told me to put em on) and they never budged....So I guess it depends on how well they fit and the confidence you have they will stay put...I would NOT wear them for FJ though...to much bouncing around!

That's another one I've had no issues with glasses, many times. FJ is really pretty smooth.

I am at Universal now and I always keep my glasses on. this trip that included Hulk, Harry Potter, the ex-dueling dragons at Potter Land, And even Rip Ride Rocket.

They never even feel loose.

I always wore my sunglasses on Hulk and Dueling Dragons w/o any problems. I didn't wear them on Revenge of the Mummy however.

I wear mine for everything. I put on a pair of croakies (eyeglass straps) and before I leave for a trip I go by the eye place and get my glasses tightened up.

I wore my eyeglasses on all the rides last summer. The only rides I didn't go on were Hulk, RRR, and Dueling Dragons.

I brought an extra pair of glasses with me on the trip just in case.

HTH

Thanks everyone for your responses. Tried contacts once and could get used to them, although that was years ago. I should probably try again, but not for this trip as it is 2 weeks away. I will try the croakies suggestion.

As long as they fit snugly, you should be fine.

Having a sport strap is a good back-up. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter