Extremely Nervous, TicketsAtWork, Hotel Doesn't Have Record of Reservation

MuchLovedMama

Mouseketeer
UPDATE - Mystery solved. Talked to the resort again today and they decided to do a search by our check-in date and look at all reservations for that day. They had our first and last name switched!! Wasn't my mistake, my email confirmations show it the correct way so I'm not sure what happened but glad it's fixed!!

So over a month ago I booked our hotel through TicketsAtWork a discount site that my husband gets through his work. I received email confirmations and my credit card has been charged. Today, 1 week out, I call the hotel directly to put in a room request and they have no record of the reservation. Of course I don't have an actual hotel confirmation, just a TicketsAtWork confirmation so they informed me to call TAW. They told us because they get the rooms at wholesale prices that not everything transfers over to the hotel until the day before our arrival!! What?!?! That sounds very wrong. I'm extremely nervous, especially after doing some online research and seeing many people state the same type of issues. Many show up and find that they have no reservation. Does this sound normal to anyone?

I did notice this in the confirmation email:

Please note that each room is part of an allocation that we have at the hotel under various agreements through our partners. This means that your name(s) may not be in the reservation system until seven days prior to your arrival, so if they have any questions please contact us and we can assist you.

Today was 7 days...

Last edited:
Try not to panic and try again tomorrow.

We have booked through TaW before, and everything turned out fine.

They told us because they get the rooms at wholesale prices that not everything transfers over to the hotel until the day before our arrival!! What?!?! That sounds very wrong. I'm extremely nervous, especially after doing some online research and seeing many people state the same type of issues. Many show up and find that they have no reservation. Does this sound normal to anyone?

I can't comment on that specific website. But, the practice of not transmitting the names to the hotel until just prior to arrival is quite normal for travel wholesalers. That's the way most travel wholesalers work.

I spent over a decade working in hospitality, including many years as a hotel Revenue Manager. The Revenue Manager is the person who is responsible for keeping the hotel as full as possible. The position is similar to a Reservations Manager. (Some hotels combine those two jobs.)

Both hotels were I was Revenue Manager were downtown properties that focused on business travelers. As such, we didn't have many wholesale contracts. But, the ones we did have operated exactly as you described. We didn't get the names of the actual guests until a few days prior to arrival. Assuming TicketsAtWork is a legitimate wholesaler, then this is normal.

This is not uncommon. You reservation is through T@W and not the hotel. It is highly unlikely anything will be wrong. This would be the least of my concerns. There are so many properties in and around Disney that you will have a place to stay. Quick glancing, there are literally over 1,000 rooms available in and around the area.

Although not for a hotel, I have used TicketsAtWork for years and never had an issue. I've been nervous approaching the gate to a theme park with a ticket I paid less than half for ........ no issues. The others have addressed the process with a third party, I just wanted to say TaW is a huge operation used by many large companies, colleges etc and I wouldn't be worried about them fulfilling the order.

UPDATE - Mystery solved. Talked to the resort again today and they decided to do a search by our check-in date and look at all reservations for that day. They had our first and last name switched!! Wasn't my mistake, my email confirmations show it the correct way so I'm not sure what happened but glad it's fixed!!

So over a month ago I booked our hotel through TicketsAtWork a discount site that my husband gets through his work. I received email confirmations and my credit card has been charged. Today, 1 week out, I call the hotel directly to put in a room request and they have no record of the reservation. Of course I don't have an actual hotel confirmation, just a TicketsAtWork confirmation so they informed me to call TAW. They told us because they get the rooms at wholesale prices that not everything transfers over to the hotel until the day before our arrival!! What?!?! That sounds very wrong. I'm extremely nervous, especially after doing some online research and seeing many people state the same type of issues. Many show up and find that they have no reservation. Does this sound normal to anyone?

I did notice this in the confirmation email:

Please note that each room is part of an allocation that we have at the hotel under various agreements through our partners. This means that your name(s) may not be in the reservation system until seven days prior to your arrival, so if they have any questions please contact us and we can assist you.

Today was 7 days...

The funny thing about T@W is when I use the site from work and the site from home, it gives me the same prices (from home I am not using any of my company information). So I have been questioning is it really something discounted from my company. I found better rates for our Vegas trip on my own.

The funny thing about T@W is when I use the site from work and the site from home, it gives me the same prices (from home I am not using any of my company information). So I have been questioning is it really something discounted from my company. I found better rates for our Vegas trip on my own.
It actually saved me about $600 for our resort. I always shop around to find the best prices that I can and right before I was about to book this resort I remembered TAW. When I checked and saw a $600 saving, I jumped right on it. :)

I have found great savings with TaW for various hotels. I've also determined that they have 1-2 reservations for same hotel/same dates, and once those are booked, prices are similar to other sources.

It actually saved me about $600 for our resort. I always shop around to find the best prices that I can and right before I was about to book this resort I remembered TAW. When I checked and saw a $600 saving, I jumped right on it. :)

So just to clarify what I was trying to say, T@W appears to be a Public website that anyone can use. I did see it has discounted rates, but I can access it from work or from home as a public user and it gave me the same price.

So just to clarify what I was trying to say, T@W appears to be a Public website that anyone can use. I did see it has discounted rates, but I can access it from work or from home as a public user and it gave me the same price.
Not so sure about that. It shouldn't matter where you access the website, you still have to login. Your login in is attached to a corporate code. If you don't know that code, you register with your work email address which will link that code without you having to do it yourself. You can't access rates without logging in and you can't register without either a corporate code or work email address. Hope that makes sense.

Not so sure about that. It shouldn't matter where you access the website, you still have to login. Your login in is attached to a corporate code. If you don't know that code, you register with your work email address which will link that code without you having to do it yourself. You can't access rates without logging in and you can't register without either a corporate code or work email address. Hope that makes sense.

We have two different experiences. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter