Extra Wave Phones

lady9

DIS Veteran
I thought I heard or read that you can get/rent an extra wave phone for your stateroom. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this? I have DD in Edge and DS in Vibe and would like them each to have one as well as one for us. Thanks!

I thought I heard or read that you can get/rent an extra wave phone for your stateroom. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this? I have DD in Edge and DS in Vibe and would like them each to have one as well as one for us. Thanks!

There are additional wavephones available at Guest Services (limited numbers). I think the charge is something like $3.50 a day for them.

Extra wave phones are $3.50/day. We asked the SS concierge to ensure that the extra one was in the room when we got there, so unfortunately I don't know how to go about getting one on the ship.

You simply go to GS and request them. They will have you sign a form acknowledging receiving them and give you the phone. It won't be the same number as your room, BTW.

Great! Thanks for the replies. So I better go to Guest Services before we eat? I am glad to know that is an option if I get there in time to get one. I don't mind the fee, reasonable for a peace of mind all week long.

Yes, but if the wave phone is lost, stolen, disfunctional, or drowned you will pay $250.
That's the scary part. I thought I would share.
Good luck. :)

It is expensive if a wave phone is lost. A girl my DD was hanging out with on our last cruise lost her stateroom wave phone. Her mom woke us up at 7:30am knocking on our door to ask if our DD had it by accident. She didn't and thankfully they found it. Their DD left it on the shelf in their bathroom but I guess no one saw it at first glance. Hopefully we will be able to get one.

If you need an extra, go to guest services as soon as you embark - on our last cruise there were no extra ones available when I asked the first evening.

They had a phone available to replace the first one we were issued on day 4. Something was wrong with the circuit and they couldn't get it to work. We have no idea what happened but it wasn't a problem to replace it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter