Extra towels - is this new?

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
I thought you had to pay if you wanted more towels when you are staying on points, which led to discussions about not taking towels from the pool. But I was just on the DVC member website and I saw this about additional amenities that you can get at no extra cost. Is this new, or was I misinformed in the past?

Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested
Additional Amenity Requests
You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:
  • Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
From: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...orida/beach-club-villas/amenities-recreation/

Must be. It makes no sense to me. They are already doing the trash every day, so it's the towels we're paying the $10 for in the original list. But making sense isn't always the first priority. :confused3

That has to be new because extra coffee and laundry detergent was an extra cost. This is good to know as I always bring extra laundry soap and coffee.

As much as it sounds like a nice idea, since we pay for everything in the long run, I'd be afraid there would be a rash of daily towels requested. To be honest, I'd would like maybe a couple extra bath towels. So if we had 6 towels every four days, that would be perfect for us is a studio. A bigger room, we'd just throw them in the washer.

This wasn’t me saying policy should be changed - it was me copying what I found on the DVC member website which indicates the policy has been changed.

I have a feeling that this may be in response to the increasing number of guests who ask for and received towel packages, coffee and detergent but are never charged for them. Now they’re officially *free*.

And our dues will reflect this change.

This looks like a typical Disney IT mistake. You WILL be billed if you request these items.

Consider that right above it there are costs for T&T services. Since trash is taken out when they do their daily room checks now the only real reason to charge anything is for towels and coffee to be brought. As the large shampoo dispensers go in that will be a non-issue too.

I'm also thinking it's an IT mistake. If not that there will be no charge then the section of charging for additional T&T days. One is contrary to the other.

We just got extra towels at the pools when we needed them. And I washed them as well to re-use the next day. Getting more towels wasn't a problem, we just had to make an effort to get them, but we were right beside a pool this past April at SSR.

I will always get extra towels at the pool when we stay at Disney. I did that long before DVC and will do it later as well. No matter if we stay at a regular hotel or a DVC unit.

I will always get extra towels at the pool when we stay at Disney. I did that long before DVC and will do it later as well. No matter if we stay at a regular hotel or a DVC unit.

Why? Just call housekeeping if you're staying on cash. I do think it is a bit of a pain for them when the 2 get mixed up with each other.

It does seem new but also a little confusing since trash and towel is a charge listed. I have asked for and gotten towels from. Hose leaning before and was willing to pay. I was not charged. Even went to front desk and they said to consider it a little Disney magic.

Was this in small print at the bottom?
* Important Information about Membership Extras:

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

I think the difference in the charge for T&T and getting extra towels at no charge is during T&T service they actually take away the used towels and replace with fresh ones hung up or placed in their original spots. I’m sure with the extra free towel package they would just hand you the towels or place in room. There is a difference. Personally I’m happy about this change and don’t think IT made a mistake.

Nearly every time we are out of our room and have towels in the washer or dryer, they just leave a bunch more. We never ask and don't really need them.

OP here. People have suggested that this might be an IT glitch. I don't think so (although that doesn't mean the policy will be followed).

I went to the DVC member website.
I clicked on DESTINATIONS.
I clicked on DISNEY VACATION CLUB RESORTS.
I clicked on EXPLORE ALL RESORTS
I clicked on Beach Club, but saw the same thing when I clicked on BoardWalk
I clicked on the AMENITIES & RECREATION tab
I scrolled down to LAUNDRY & HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES
Then I clicked on READ MORE

Here is the whole thing under that section:

Laundry and Housekeeping Services
Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.
A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.
With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:
  • Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens
  • Replace bath amenities as needed
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.
With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
  • Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.
For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.
Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested
Additional Amenity Requests
You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:
  • Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

Key words here are "At the start of your stay and during each housekeeping service" you could be charged if you request these items if it is not on a housekeeping day.

Amenity Requests

• Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundryat the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service

I'm thinking it is either a typo, an experimental program to see if it they get a lot of towel requests, or it may simply have cost too much time to distinguish between cash and DVC guests at some resorts.

I'm leaning more towards typo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter