"Extra" Palo reservations on embarkation day

Chewbette

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the EBTA and we were lucky to score 1 brunch and 1 dinner at Palo online at check in. (not our choice of date and hours but hey not bad). We would like to add one of each, brunch and dinner, if possible. We did so without a problem on our last TA but it was in 2014.

My question is, if we go straight to the place where the Palo "meeting" is, will they take the requests in order or will we be put "aside/waiting list" and they will give the slots first to others that have no reservations at all? I don't want to wait an hour if it is that way... I know it may sound "greedy" for some, but I would like to know if someone knows the "process"...

Last edited:
Yes, that is where you go. I don't know how they handle it - I would hope that if all were "sold out" before boarding they would put people who have them already on a waiting list so that people unable to book them get a chance, but I don't know for sure. It may well be first-come, first-served.

If you book Palo dinner for embarkation day, you can book a second Palo dinner before cruising. But you have to book the embarkation day dinner first.

If you book Palo dinner for embarkation day, you can book a second Palo dinner before cruising. But you have to book the embarkation day dinner first.

That's not true because I booked a Palo dinner already and I still can book the first night if I wanted to.. But we don't. :)

That's not true because I booked a Palo dinner already and I still can book the first night if I wanted to.. But we don't. :)

Then it's changed that you can book another first and then embarkation day.

But bottom line is they have already given you a way to book two.

I stand by my belief that they SHOULD put those who already have them on a waiting list until at least the second day to allow people who were blocked out in advance to get ONE.

Definitely go and try when you get on the ship. With so many sea days on that cruise I would think there would be a lot of other options once on board. Although I haven't done one of those sailings, but I'd assume they offer the brunches on all the sea days? Which would be a lot.

Yes they do the brunch on all the 7 sea days.. But they are all showing sold out for now online (the silver had check in last night and told so on the other social media).

I was curious if someone knew for sure if it is on "first come first served" basis, because we will certainly try. But the line will get started really early I think when I see how many are going that way ;).

You probably saw this, but someone who was on last year's WBTA said she went right to try to book a slot for brunch, even with several sea days they were completely sold out by embarkation :(

On the PC canal cruise last year we had no problem booking on the fly. We decided mid cruise that yes, we really did want a Palo dinner. We called up and were offered many choices as soon as the next day. On the longer cruises I don't think its such an issue to get in. I personally wouldn't wait in an hour long line, but call maybe on day 2 and see what they have open. Or go towards the end of the Palo sign up on day 1 when there is no line.

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the EBTA and we were lucky to score 1 brunch and 1 dinner at Palo online at check in. (not our choice of date and hours but hey not bad). We would like to add one of each, brunch and dinner, if possible. We did so without a problem on our last TA but it was in 2014.

My question is, if we go straight to the place where the Palo "meeting" is, will they take the requests in order or will we be put "aside/waiting list" and they will give the slots first to others that have no reservations at all? I don't want to wait an hour if it is that way... I know it may sound "greedy" for some, but I would like to know if someone knows the "process"...

We are booked for an upcoming cruise on the Fantasy in April. We were unable to get any Palo reservations during online check-in (and after). Where is this "Palo 'meeting'"?

Thanks!

We are booked for an upcoming cruise on the Fantasy in April. We were unable to get any Palo reservations during online check-in (and after). Where is this "Palo 'meeting'"?

Thanks!

You can find the "spot" and time in your embarkation Navigator that they give you at your physical check in :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!