Extra Magic Time

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by closetmickey, Dec 28, 2018.

1. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Just curious- why is there usually 1/2 hour listed in-between the end of Extra Magic Time and the park opening?

2. Florida2012

Florida2012 If you can dream it, you can do it

The park allows the general public in at the end of Magic Hours but only to the end of Main Street

As a hotel guest you are still allowed in the open lands

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. nursejackie

nursejackie DIS Veteran

We are going in a few months and staying on site, and couldn't understand this either. But I do now :-)

5. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

So I guess you are really given 90 min of extra ride time as an on-site guest?

6. JessicaRabbit13

JessicaRabbit13 Earning My Ears

They let people into the parks around 15-30 mins before official park opening.

In the studios you can go straight on rides so EMH is really only 60 minutes. I think it is the same in the main park - but only fantasyland and discoveryland are open.

7. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

So glad you mentioned that- I pictured them being let in early but held at the hub. Makes a difference when choosing how early to arrive. Thank you!

8. JessicaRabbit13

JessicaRabbit13 Earning My Ears

If you are staying offsite then I would suggest arriving at least 40 mins early as large queues start to form. Sadly since the started EMH in the studios as well you aren't likely to have any shorter queues in the Studios by arriving at opening, and definitely not discoverland/fantasylad rides. Many people head to the entrance of Frontierland until they drop the rope at official park opening and then people run to Big Thunder Mountain.

9. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

We are onsite:)

10. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Speaking of Big Thunder, is there a place EMH guests can wait to have quick access to Big Thunder at park opening? That, Phantom Manor, and Space Mountain will be my kids’ priorities.

11. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

No, there unfortunately isn't. The only access to Big Thunder Mountain is through Frontierland from the hub, or when you come from Adventureland, which isn't open either during EMH.

12. olafLover

olafLover DIS Veteran

There is a hardly known side entrance to Frontierland ad the end of the arcade. There are hardly any people there and for some reason I've experienced two times already they delayed the rope drop of the main gate, but the side entrance did open at the correct time. Which resulted in me being the first in line for Tiana (no longer there, was during the refurbishment of the river boat) and the first in line of BTM last trip.

13. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

Don't you have to run from the side entrance? As it's a bit further away from BTM?

14. olafLover

olafLover DIS Veteran

It is further away, but because it's so busy and people are pushing and trying to run, the CM at that entrance usually is moving really slow and stopping if people pass them, so you will cut in front of that big group. Yes, it's a gamble, but you don't have to stand there an hour before rope drop and so far it has always paid of for us
    EDIT it's the only way we do the regular line for BTM, we don't do it every trip, but it's fun to be the first in line

15. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Is City Hall / Guest Services open during Extra Magic Time?

16. olafLover

olafLover DIS Veteran

yes :)

closetmickey likes this.
  17. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Thank you:)