extra credits from arriving so late...

cab0ad

disney lover
We're arriving around midnight on our stay but we still get the credits for that day.

My family: 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 free two year old...

I just now upgraded to the regular dining plan over QS dining plan. Can I use the extra 3 table service credits from the day we won't even be there to buy a meal for my 2 year old at some of the meals (1 child, 2 adult credits from day 1 that noone used)? I understand that 2 of the 3 credits from day 1 are adult meals but it doesn't bother me wasting them on a child's meal for my 2 year old since we'd likely buy her one anyway. I just don't know if they will let me since my card will say 2 adults and 1 child. can I buy an extra meal with the "extra day credits" for my 2 year old?

No, I'm not trying to cheat the system in any way! I figure they are actually getting the better end of the deal since we would be using 2 adult credits to buy a 2 year old a child's meal at a few meals...I just don't want to lose the 3 table credits and I can't see my family actually sitting down for 2 table meals in one day...takes too much time and we'd be too full. the 3 extra counter service meals from day 1 are easy to spend on breakfast one day.

Does this make any sense?

You could use the extra credits and go to a 2 TS restaurant.

As far as being able to charge more credits at one restaurant then your card states-it depends.

The official line is no, you can't. However, one time my DNiece joined us halfway through the trip (during free DDP) I told our server that we would be paying for one Adult meal OOP (out of pocket) and he asked why, I explained, he said it wasn't necessary and wanted to know who told me I needed to do it. So, it can be done, but don't count on it. Our KTTW card said 3A and 1K but I was able to use credits for 4 A and 1 K.

Personally, if it was me I wouldn't use a TS on my 2 y/o. I would go to Narcoossee's or Calif. Grill. Or even Brown Derby (a nice break during the day and my DD has loved it since she was small).

Also keep in mind that the credits are per night, not per day. If you stay 7 nights you get 7 TS, 7 CS, and 7 Snack credits, not 8.

Also remember the credits are good until midnight of the day you check out - so if you want to spend them up the day you're leaving, you can. :thumbsup2

I hadn't thought of doing a 2TS meal...Any suggestions for a good one with a 2 year old besides Cinderellas?? We have no desire to go there after hearing some horror stories...

I hadn't thought of doing a 2TS meal...Any suggestions for a good one with a 2 year old besides Cinderellas?? We have no desire to go there after hearing some horror stories...

You know your DD2 best. We started taking my DD when she was almost 3 but didn't do a lot of dining until she was just over 5 (first time using DDP-paid for it!). However, she has always been used to eating out and behaves well at restaurants.

The 2 TS we've eaten at are Narcoosee's, Calif. Grill, and Brown Derby. All were good.

Narcoossee's-I like the feel of the restaurant and the view. If you book the right time you can see Wishes from inside (or on the exterior viewing area). The food is very good.
Calif. Grill-Great view of Wishes. Great food.
Brown Derby-A nice break at DHS. Cloth tablecloths, piano player, etc. but not too stuffy. Remember most guest will be wearing what they wear into the park-so shorts are okay! My DD has always liked this restuarant.

There are other 2 TS choices-check out the menus and go from there.

Happy Dining!

You should also consider having a TS breakfast, as well as a TS dinner. We'll be doing that one day. We will be going to Narcoossee's for dinner but we have decided to pay OOP. I just didn't feel like it was a good use of 2 TS credits.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

There have been a lot of reports of being able to convert your TS to QS or to cash in extra credits for snacks to take home. Ask at Goofy's or your Resort and see what they say. You can bring fun treats home and not WORRY about using them all up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter