Extra cash for your trip

penni4963

Earning My Ears
With people that live in a state that you have to cash in your pop can's, bottle's, beer can's, wine bottles for cash.

I live in Michigan and we have to cash in our bottle's or can't (10 cents each) Instead of using that money for more pop or beer why don't you do what I do.
I cash them in every month and put the money in a jar. I started this in Jan. and I already have $60.00 in savings for our first time to WDW next year and I was thinking by the time we go I should have 300.00 or more.
I don't drink beer or wine but we sure go through the pop. In can's and bottle's.
I know this will not get you a lot of money but 300.00 for me is spending money for the kids or even help pay for 1 or 2 airline tickets.
What do you all think about that?

I do the same thing...save up all the empty soda, beer cans and cash them in when my basement gets too full of them! I put the money right in to my "change jar" and use it towards our vacation. So many people I know just throw them out :sad2: ! It takes almost no time to bring them to the redemption center and earn some small cash for vacations...it all adds up!

We do the same thing :D We only get 5 cents but hey, it's something...and we go through quite of bit of pop between Tim and I :)

We only get 0.05 but we're going to save our cans for WDW too!

I'm not expecting much, but it's better than paying the bottle/can fee and just "eating it"...it becomes a tax!

All can/bottle $ goes in with the change jar money and we'll be saving that for souvies!

Woohoo!

:banana:

We also do that here in NH.... hope I am not setting myself up for a flaming, but even though we don't buy our soda and beer in MA or ME, we often get bottles and cans with the returnable deposit label on them. I give the ME ones to a neighbor, as she goes to ME often. I keep the MA ones for myself and will be making a BIG return next time I go to MA to visit my folks. In my mind, it is far better than them ending up in the landfill!...............P

We don't have a deposit on cans here. I do other things to get money for the trip.

Right now:
Selling on Ebay
Saving Change
Saving money from hanging laundry
Do survey from Pinecone

I think it is amazing how when I decided I was going to go I can find 100 ways to save money.

penni4963 said:
I live in Michigan and we have to cash in our bottle's or can't (10 cents each) Instead of using that money for more pop or beer why don't you do what I do.
I cash them in every month and put the money in a jar. What do you all think about that?
Been doing that for the last 7 years. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter