Extra Bed?

peshowe

Earning My Ears
I am hopefully getting a one beroom villa in May of this year for myself, my wife, my two children (one is 18 months and in a crib, the other is 5, and my two parents.

We will be in the master room with a crib for my 18 month, my parents will be in the pull out sofa bed but where can my five year old sleep?

Can we ask to have a roll away extra bed placed in the room?

I know you are not allowed 5 in a studio but is 5 and a 18 month baby allowed for a one bedroom villa?

The limit for a 1-bedroom is 4 plus a child under 3. I guess for the very reason that you are having trouble trying to figure out where to put your sixth person. There are no roll aways offered at any of the DVC resorts. If I were you I would look into renting a 2-bedroom. You will definitely be a lot more comfortable.

Eva is right. The occupancy limits are for what bedding is available. 6 in a 1BR at BWV would be very crowded. DVC does not have roll away beds available.

Disneydiane
mickey36.gif

You might be better off with two studios. I know you loose the kitchen and bigger bath but you can fit all your people and you save points too.

DVCDUDES
Owner BWV Feb 2000

The one-bedroom and the studio have the same occupancy limits. No extra bedding and/or beds are provided by DVC.

A two bedroom is the only choice. Five are not allowed in a studio. It is four plus a child under three in a crib. There have been exceptions made for another kid, but you group can not stay in a studio or a one bedroom.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx, pretty sick, huh?

Please RE-READ my post. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You might be better off with two studios. I know you loose the kitchen and bigger bath but you can fit all your people and you save points too. [/quote]

I said TWO studios.

Last time I checked 4 + 4 = 8.
peshowe said they have 2 children and 4 adults... thats 6. Right?

I was just giving another option so
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A two bedroom is the only choice. [/quote] is not exactly correct. I was thinking the parents might even appreciate their own room with a real bed instead of a pull out. Of course a two bedroom would give them this too but at a far greater point price.
peshowe, I think a question you have to ask is, is the kitchen and larger bath worth the extra points to you?
We don't really eat in our room besides cold ceral in the morning or microwave popcorn at night (we are on vacation and eat out). We don't really spend that much time in our room at all so we get a studio for our family of 4 and it suits us fine. We will probably get a 1 bedroom when the kids get a bit older or may go with the 2 studios when they can be trusted in their own room but for now the studio works for us. It affords us the opportunity to go back to the World 2 or 3 times a year. When we have to get a 1 bedroom or two studios we might be down to once a year OR!!! we'll buy more points.
:D

DVCDUDES
Owner BWV Feb 2000

THank you all for the help,I guess I really knew the answer from reading all those 5 in a room posts before but wasn't thinking last night. Infact during the night I woke thinking "I need a 2 bedroom" and ended up rushing to my book case at 3am to work out the points.

I really like the idea of saving money on the studio (we also eat out when at DW and only have cereal in the room), thanks DVCdudes. The only thing is my parents visit from England and when they are here the want to spend every waking moment with us (I'm glad they only come once a year ;) )

I havn't spoken to them yet but I know they are going to want the 2 bedroom. 2 studios are only 198 for the week and a 2 bedroom is 263 for the week. I do like the idea of the kitchen and the washer dryer and as it is my first visit to a DVC resort maybe I should make it memorable for my family.

What do you all think. Is it worth the extra points?

I think you will be happy with you decision for a 2BR. The added room will be great. Plus there will be plenty of privacy for everyone.

jane.gif

Disney Vacation Club Board Co-Moderator
DVC and Cruise Chat Hostess
Cruise Board List Mistress

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">Robin

Yes, I think it's worth the extra points to go with a 2-bedroom instead of 2 studios. A 2-bedroom has a full kitchen, washer & dryer, jacuzzi, king size bed, vcr and a total of 3 rooms to spread out in, where the studio would only give you 2. Just my opinion. :)

castle_moonlight.jpg

<font face="Class Garmnd BT"><font color="ff69b4"><big>Jennybºoº benny</big></font>
<font color="9400d3">~~DVC Member~~
Onsite: Poly '76, Contemp '98, BWV '99, CBR '00, BWV '00, CBR '01
Offsite: '74 '80 '82 '88
Next trip: BWV~June '01, ASM/BWV~Nov '01</font>
<a href="http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jsmith12/jillian&kylecharacterpage.html">Jillian & Kyle's Disney Character Website</a></font>

Go for the 2-bedroom. The one-bedroom will have everyone "very close". The 2-bedroom gives you a bit of privacy and your parents will probably appreciate the real beds and their own bathroom.
2 studios is an excellent suggestion for the future but I'd go for broke this first trip.

The two-bedrooms DVC condos are great!

Even when it's just my wife, my two pre-teen daughters, and I, we always get a two-bedroom.

-----
Werner Weiss, Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Thank you all for your advice. Lets just hope that when I call on Monday that I can get one!

Thank you all for your advice. Lets just hope that when I call on Monday that I can get one!

Also is it easier to get a two bedrrom villa this close in compared to one bedroomed and studios?

Supposedly it's almost always easier to get a 2 bdr than a studio at any time. Just repeating the trend on the boards, I've not tried it myself. I do know, however, that you make it even harder by trying to get a studio and a 1 bdr that are guaranteed close to one another - 2 bdr wuld be much easier than that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter