Express Unlimited and HP early entry without a package?

Brett Wyman

Legacy Guest
You can book Portofino Bay rooms using Amex Platinum's Fine Hotels portal and save a considerable amount, be eligible for a free upgrade, and get free breakfast each day. My question is can you still get Express Unlimited and HP early entry as a perk of Portofino if you don't book through Universal? If so how does that work?

Yes

All registered guests staying at one of the 3 premier hotels show their room key to use the express lines during regular park hours

Each person on your reservation will be issued a hotel room key with their name on it

No express lines open during early entry period

Free breakfast is likely just covered in the cost of the package.

Be sure to check loewshotels.com to be sure it’s a savings.

Free breakfast is likely just covered in the cost of the package.

Be sure to check loewshotels.com to be sure it’s a savings.

It’s about $14 more a night through Amex but you get 100 resort credit plus the free breakfast, which in my case would be 2 adults and 2 children, so it still sounds like the better deal. Where is the free breakfast in the Universal package? I never saw that option but I have to say their booking website isn’t the clearest. Also the rooms seem to be quite a bit more in the package than they are through Lowes or Amex. I don’t understand that either.

Most of us don't book packages. I think the suggestion was to price out room & tickets separately to see if it is a savings.

Most of us don't book packages. I think the suggestion was to price out room & tickets separately to see if it is a savings.

The package is 600-700 more which is what confused me and concerned me benefits would be lost. I haven’t been to Universal since the mid 2000s and never stayed onsite so I’m not familiar with how they offer packages.

Last time I ever booked a package with UO was in 1993
When questions about them here come up, I checked the website for the specifics

Never booked a package. But no matter who you book hotel with you get Express Pass. It’s just a perk of staying at that hotel, nothing to do with who you booked with.

The bay view queen is $628.88 at night in the package and $291 a night on the Lowes site. I just don't get it and can just imagine the amount of people who over pay by booking a package.

And park tickets for 4 are $300 cheaper via Undercover Tourist.

The packages are the biggest rip off Ive ever seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter